1,090 results
All reviewsparking garagecontinental breakfastthe riverelevators were slowmysterious mansionthe indoor outdoor poolwithin walking distancemountain sideyogurtwould stay here againthe main stripbiscuits and gravysmall balconythe room was nicegreat place to stayspace needlean older hotel
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Edgewater is in a great location. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean but very dated and tired. Beware of the parking for large vehicles. The Edgewater hotel sits on top of its own garage;great we thought. The garage is as old as the hotel and built for smaller vehicles. The bottom floor (only) has space for large trucks, vans, etc. Theses spaces are tight and require much maneuvering to park. An alternate parking area is available at no cost a block away. After our first night we opted for this alternative. We would stay here again only after other options were explored.

4  Thank Annette0990
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay at the Edgewater. I appreciate your honesty and concerns. I will pass all comments on to our Management Staff. We look forward to hosting you again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Hotel is dated, but clean. Staff is friendly and knowledgable, and more than willing to help with all your reservations and attractions. Hotel is centrally located, next to the Aquarium and within walking distance of all Gatlinburg attractions. Excellent on site complimentary covered parking. Downside is that there was no staff supervision at the breakfast bar and area, the breakfast area was a mess and they were out of food by 9:00 am. My suggestion would be to have staff monitor the area and maintain it during breakfast as some guests didn't know how to keep control of their kids and clean up after themselves.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river for a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. We appreciate your comments and suggestions regarding your stay and the Continental Breakfast. We look forward to hosting you again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We have been to Gatlinburg so many times I can't count them. Have always wanted to give the Edgewater a try. Wanted a room with a balcony overlooking stream and walk way which we had. Enjoyed sitting out there and people watching. Front desk person was incredibly hospitable and professional; as were other employees that we encountered. Room was clean. Yes the rooms here are outdated HOWEVER THAT IS PART OF THE CHARM of staying here!I wish I had taken a picture of the Mantel over the gas fireplace. Very 1920's and CHARMING! As long as it's clean and has the necessities that's all that really matters to us. The SHOWER was THE BEST shower of ANY place we have stayed INCLUDING Chalets and The Holiday Inn Express. The reason? There is actual ROOM for shampoo, soap, conditioner etc. They have a tub surround with cubby holes for your stuff. This gets a BIG A PLUS for me...AND there was adequate lighting in the bathroom to dry hair and apply make up. So many places do NOT have this! The mattress and pillows were very comfortable! Hard to find in hotels/motels.... The breakfast buffet was very nice. Check in and check out was easy and fast. Parking was great! Was within walking distance of SO MANY things to see and do. As we were there only one night all we did was walk to dinner. Would for sure come back here if we want "town" experience rather than Chalet which we usually prefer through Chalet Village. Did have trouble with the window A/C...it DID keep the room cool however was so loud it became frustrating. A/C trouble seemed to be a problem at the other place we stayed before Gatlinburg which was not good for my husband as he is hot all the time in the summer.

Room Tip: Back side of Hotel has mountain view only so if you want too people watch get a front view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Holly121416
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Edgewater. I appreciate your comments and look forward to another opportunity to host you when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights and felt comfortable. Pool was ok but poorly lit and seemed uninviting. Outside are was nicer so we sat out there. Cleanliness was sufficient. Parking was good. Breakfast was not a continental as they say. First morning was sausage, biscuits, and gravy. Had toast but no bagels. The waffle makers were right beside the two pans with the sausage and biscuits so getting to the food was next to impossible. The second morning, there was no gravy. Only biscuits and sausage. They didn't have eggs either morning. Rooms were updated and clean so I didn't feel dirty at any time...I always worry about this staying in hotels I haven't stayed in before. Nice stream in front but I wasn't aware you HAVE TO REQUEST a room in the front. Our view was kudzu and the gross area behind the building next door. One thing you have to prepare for...This is also a convention center so lots of folks have family reunions here. When the rude families show up and take over the pool, game area, and lounge, you should just leave because you won't feel like you belong there. This is a good value either way and I would definitely not be afraid to try it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river if you expect a view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Edgewater Hotel. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host you, and hope when travel plans bring you back to the Gatlinburg area we hope you will again choose the Edgewater.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The location, staff, amenities and rooms were very good. Sue at the front desk was very friendly and treated us like her only customer. The pool was quite nice. I will definitely stay here again as the price was fair as well. One area that I would hope the owner looks into would be the elevators. They are the slowest I've ever seen. I will ask for fourth floor next time so I can avoid them for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I appreciate knowing that our staff was professional and courteous during your visit. Also, we are always looking for ways to improve our property, and appreciate your concerns and suggestions regarding the elevators. I will pass them on to our management staff. We look forward to hosting you again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.