“Awesome staff, great old time feel”
Review of Gatlinburg Inn

Gatlinburg Inn
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We found this gem entirely by accident while visiting Gatlinburg for the first time. I just told my husband "turn in here" and I am so glad I did! The staff was so very friendly and helpful and the room was clean with the feel of long ago but included the comfort of a new mattress and a great flat screen TV and a balcony to check out the beautiful Rocky Mountains.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Linda C,
Thank you for pulling into our drive! It was a pleasure having you here! I'm glad to hear that you were completely satisfied with your stay! We hope to provide you with exceptional service again in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Gatlinburg Inn

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for the first time in Sept 2013, and we will be staying many more times. The rooms have a "feel of the past" decor, it felt very comforting with extra touches like the poem on the desk, "Sleep Sweetly". They offer free breakfast (we did not try only because we are not breakfast eaters normally), the pool was great, and the location is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank LisaNAllen
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

LisaNAllen,

Thank you soo much for your stay and kind review of our hotel! I am very pleased to see that you were completely satisfied with your stay. I hope you got a chance to see room 107 while you were here to see what all the rooms would look like after the remodel. We are going to try to upgrade while still keeping her southern charm. I hope that you and your family will come back and see us real soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here after finding it highly ranked on Tripadvisor. Plan to ALWAYS stay here when in Gatlinburg! The location is perfect...none better. The staff extremely nice. The cleanliness is the best I have ever seen! But the kicker is the decor. Very retro, vintage. It felt like being in my grandma's house! Unbelievable ambiance! I stay in lots of hotels and can't remember one from the other. NEVER will forget this!!! I LOVED THIS!!!! STAY HERE....you will not be disappointed! So CLEAN!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Lindy031

Lindy031,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Gatlinburg Inn. You are right! We are far from a "cookie cutter" hotel! I am very glad to hear that you were treated well by our wonderful staff! I think we have the best staff in Gatlinburg! We try our very best to make sure that our hotel is the cleanest in Gatlinburg and I am glad that is what you found! I hope that you and your family will come back and stay with us again in the near future!

Thanks!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is the most charming hotel I have ever stayed in. It is a wonderful step back in time. The staff (all) are very gracious and tend to your every need. The inn is very clean and well kept for a hotel built in 1938. They have a nice pool, serve a good breakfast, greet you with a smile everyday of your stay and have a porch full of rocking chairs. Give it a try, I do not think you will be disappointed. By the way it was in room 388 that the song "Rocky Top" was written. This is where I am staying tonight and I already have reservations for New Years!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sharon M
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Sharon M,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our facilities and staff! We try our very best to make sure that our guest’s every need is accommodated. Now that you have discovered the “Best Kept Secret” I hope you will spread the word! Come back and pull up a rocker! Hope to see you guys again very soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed here for Labor Day weekend August 31-September 2nd It was wonderful the beds are brand new and very comfy and they have ice machines on every floor now The breakfast was just ok nothing to write home about,All and all a wonderful weekend at the gatlinburg inn

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank samanthaloveslorenzo

samanthaloveslorenzo,
Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel. I appreciated you taking the time to let others know about your stay. I only wish that you would have been more impressed with our breakfast bar. Our management team met recently and we are currently exploring more options to improve upon our existing buffet breakfast. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again real soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My grandson and I stayed here 4 days recently and was very HAPPY with our stay. I loved the hospitality these folks show, it was like being home. The rooms are very clean and the beds were great . Yes, it is a older motel, but I liked the fact it takes you back to a simpler time and they keep this place up inside and out. It is right on the drag at ripleys believe it or not, location couldn,t be better. The song Rocky Top was written here in room 388. They have a full breakfast from 7 to 10 including eggs,sausage links,pancakes,cerals,pastries,ect.,juices,coffees, all free in your stay. I highly RECOMMEND Gatlinburg Inn . Looking forward to going back to this wonderful place. Thank you to the staff for making our stay so great!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank leeandshelia

leeandshelia,
Thank you so much for your very gracious review of the Inn. I am glad to see that you were treated kindly by our staff and were completely satisfied with your stay. It pleases me to see that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast bar and found that it was a great improvement to your stay. Come back and stay with us soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sharon M
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Sharon M,