Gatlinburg Inn
Riverhouse Motels(Gatlinburg)
  • Pool
Reagan Resorts Inn(Gatlinburg)
1,005 results
All reviewsfront porchrocking chairsrocky tophistoric hotelchair liftgrandma's housesausage linksmiddle of towncorner roomski liftfamily suitecan't beat the locationthe location is perfecthot breakfastelectrical outletsbiscuits and gravyan older hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Two years ago when visiting Gatlinburg, we walked past the Gatlinburg Inn, and decided if we ever came back this was where we wanted to stay. We liked the look from the outside as well as the location. We returned to Gatlinburg in late May, and finally got to stay here. We love the location, as we like to do most of our sightseeing on foot. We also like the nostalgic feel and rich history of the hotel. The pool area is very relaxing, and if you like to people watch, the Sky Lift is right next to the pool. The staff was always very accommodating; we arrived early and they were able to let us check in early. The rooms are clean, which is #1 on my list of must-haves. The only shortfall is the lack of electrical outlets in the room, so be prepared to rotate your devices that need charging (we adapted quite easily). I do believe they told us that there is a plan to update the electrical at some point. If you are looking for new, modern, sleek, fast-paced, this probably isn't the place for you. However, if you are one to appreciate a relaxing environment, historical fixtures and architecture, and a very nostalgic feel, this is the place. Gatlinburg Inn will now become our go-to when visiting Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy F
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Kathy F,
Thank you so much for your awesome review of the Historic Gatlinburg Inn! It was our delight to host you and your family during your stay with us in May! I'm pleased to see that my staff took care of your every need during your stay! I have to say I have the best staff in Gatlinburg! I will pass along to the housekeeping staff how much you bragged on the cleanliness of the room. That is one of our top priorities. We can't control the traffic or the weather but we can make sure that when you arrive you are greeted with a smile and checked into an immaculate room! I hope that you and your family will come back and see us again real soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was there on 07/06/2014 and we loved our stay! Even my teenage daughter said she enjoyed staying there. Clean, nostalgic,and great location (right in the middle of Gatlinburg). Decor is older, but we expected that. The beds were more comfortable than the beds that were in a VERY expensive hotel I stayed in next while in Chattanooga! Noise is average due to location. Staff very helpful. We will be back.

Room Tip: noise from streets not bad on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

jarbra,
Thank you so much for your great review of The Historic Gatlinburg Inn! I am pleased to see that your every need was met during your recent stay with us. I'm glad to see that our new bedding exceeded your expectations! I hope that you and your family will come back and see us again real soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was our first time ever staying at the Gatlinburg Inn and it wont be the last! All of the workers there were exceptional! Especially Billy he was very helpful with finding us a room. We loved the historical background of the hotel and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank brookelipp
Gary B, General Manager at Gatlinburg Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

brookelip,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Historic Gatlinburg Inn! It was our pleasure to host you and your family during your recent stay in Gatlinburg! Thank you for your kind words about our staff! I think we have the greatest staff in Gatlinburg! I hope that you and your family will come back again real soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were there on June10-12, 2014 and were well pleased with the service and amenities. The Inn was built in 1937 and rooms had a nostalgic feel to them. They were clean, spacious, and obviously well-cared for. Wonderful breakfast buffet, clean well-stocked swimming pool. Right in the middle of downtown Gatlinburg with an L shaped front porch where rocking chairs welcome you. Intend to go back there! Also, staff was exceptionally courteous and friendly.

Room Tip: Some suites on third floor have view of rooftop. Be sure to check you're getting one with a view of street. Back side all have view of creek and sky lift going up mt.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rbcwg

rbcwg,
Thank you for your wonderful review of The Historic Gatlinburg Inn! I am pleased to hear that your every need was met! Just to let you know we just bought brand new rocking chairs for the front porch and they are comfortable! Come on back! I think one's got your name on it!

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

A charming old motel. We were lucky to have the pleasure of staying in the Rocky Top suite where the song "Rocky Top" was written in 1967.

The rooms are spacious. The location is great to the main activity, shopping and restaurants. The rooms have private balconies with chairs for relaxing.

Part of its charm are the creaking wooden floors. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The clerk that was on duty when we checked in greeted us the next afternoon like we were old friends.

One downside is that the elevator and third floor hallways are hot and airless especially when it is so hot out. Another downside (and a problem all over on Gatlinburg) is the parking, the lot is small and is hard to park anything larger than a midsize car.

Will stay here again when it visit Gatlinburg.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank OBXKate

OBXKate,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us here at The Historic Gatlinburg Inn! It was our pleasure to host you and your family during your recent stay here in Gatlinburg! I am very pleased to see that you were treated like royalty by our staff. That's what I like to hear! I hope that you and your family will come back and stay with us again in the near future! Thank you for allowing us to be your home in the Smokies!