Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to a natural disaster.

“Great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Highlands Condominium
Moultrie, Georgia, United States
“Great location”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Great location, convenient to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, offers beautiful views and we even saw a bear. The staff is both friendly and helpful. Stayed in 403 this time and it had a nice large shower.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank 4Hikers3Parks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed here for a week in late April while attending the Wildflower Pilgrimage in the Smokies. It was a two bedroom, with fireplace, huge shower, full kitchen. Everything we needed, very quiet, a nice view of the mountains, only minutes from Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: You can see all of the available rooms online.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mnm2026lark
Jasper, Indiana
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My husband and I came to Gatlinburg a few months prior to find the perfect spot for us to get married. When we saw the Highlands we automatically knew that it was the perfect place for us. The view is breathtaking and our room was homey. The staff is really friendly and are willing to work with you in your decisions. My husband and I were married April 20, 2013. I loved every bit of the experience, especially seeing our family together. We have already talked about coming back for our one year anniversary. Thanks Highlands for making us feel at home and letting us share our special day at your amazing condos. Everything was very clean and I can't wait to do it again!!!

5 Thank Jordan S
Kalaheo, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I spent a few days in Gatlinburg visiting my husband, who is attempting to through-hike the Appalachian Trail and wanted a little break. As he very rarely has a chance to do laundry or clean his equipment I was looking for a place to stay with on-site laundry and lots of space, and ended up going with Condo #801 at Highlands. It is a 2 bedroom unit with its own washer-dryer, fully stocked kitchen and whirlpool bath. The property is up in the hills and provided a much quieter environment than in town, which I appreciated. It was also relatively easy to get into town taking Ski Mountain road and parking on the outskirts, so as to not have to drive on the main drag in the evenings.

We were satisfied with the condo and the property, but it was definitely showing some age. The wallpaper in both bathrooms was starting to peel and the kitchen counter and floor was very marked up from use. A couple of the fixtures were also missing light bulbs, and the master bedroom in particular was pretty dim. All of the furniture was relatively comfortable, although the beds were a little on the hard side. The layout of our unit was a little funky, as there was no door on the master bedroom - only a door on the bathroom, which would be a little weird if there were multiple families in the unit. The saloon doors on the toilet were also a little kitchy. Washer & dryer were in good working order, as were all the kitchen appliances. My favorite part of the unit was the balcony overlooking the Smokies and town, as it offered a great view when the weather was clear.

It was too cold this early in the year to use the pool, but we did venture down to use the indoor hot tub and sauna. Hot tub was nice, sauna was nearly impossible to use as either the lights were burnt out or inoperable and the room was pitch black. Not sure how much those facilities get used as each condo has its own whirlpool tub, but the area could use a little TLC. The other public areas were fine - plenty of parking and luggage carts to haul everything up to your condo in the garage area.

Overall it was a good stay, and I would have no problem recommending the property to others. If you are looking for a bit more peace and quiet I would recommend one of the units in the 601-905 range, as they are located across the street from the larger complex. I had no idea how many other people were staying over there with us, as I never saw or heard anyone other than in the parking area.

Room Tip: Units 601-905 are quiet as they are across the street from the larger complex.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jenz99
TheHighlandsCondos, Front Office Manager at The Highlands Condominium, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
We appreciate your feedback on our facility. We strive to make each guest stay as enjoyable as possible, we communicate with our owners on a regular basis. We let them know if there are any discrepancies with there units other than housekeeping or maintenance issues.
We look forward to your next visit with us at The Highlands.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have been going to the Highlands for the past 5 years, and I absolutely love it. The condos are fully stocked, spacious, and clean. Having a nice place to stay on the mountain is important to me, and overlooking Gatlinburg is an added bonus. The location of this condo is fantastic---a short drive and you're down in the town, or in the park. The pool is great to relax in after a long day of hiking, as is the hot tub. This place truly feels like a "home away from home" and the rates are very reasonable. For me, there is no other place to stay when visiting the Smoky Mountains/Gatlinburg.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy P
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My Daughter was getting married so all the wedding party stayed at the Highlands. Each family had their own condo and each had its own unique style. We arrived on 4/18/13 and ask to see several rooms to choose from. Management and staff we very accommodating and the decission was tough because we loved all the choices. The view was spectacular of Gatilinburg as well the back ground of the mountains.We saw our first Black Bear the first night we were there. The topic of how amazing this place was constant as we visited with other member of the family that came for the wedding. I had not been to Gatinburg in 35yrs. Staying at the Highland made the experience top knotch and we plan on coming back.I recommend the Highlands to anyone that wants an AMAZING stay at a great rate and nice staff.

1 Thank James H
Hartford,m
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The condo was beautiful n clean !! , N the view was spectacular at all times!IWe loved the balcony n made a friend , a cardinal , he would land on the table as we sat there n eat the sunflower seeds we put out for him!!! The master bedroom had a great view out of the window n the shower n hottub were really nice also! It felt like being at home , we saved money cooking at the condo n they had all the dishes , pots ,pans and utensilse needed . The appliances were all great n having the dishwasher was nice to just load up n go have fun for the day n b ready for the next meal. We also enjoyed the swimming pools n hottubs on the property! It was n the 80's wen we stayed but at night the temps would drop n I would make a fire in the nice fireplace!!! I would love to stay here again on my next visit n will wen I go back!!

Room Tip: Just look online at the views you can have , I did n was very happy with views from sunrise threw th...

2 Thank Ted R