Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to a natural disaster.

“Exceptional Customer Service and Great View”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Highlands Condominium
Tennessee
“Exceptional Customer Service and Great View”
Reviewed 23 November 2010

My husband and I decided to stay here for our anniversary. We got a great deal with the four night special that was being offered. Our reservation was for a 1 bedroom condo, but when we arrived and entered the unit we immediately noticed a terrible smell. I looked to see if maybe someone had left trash or food and didn't find any. My husband thought our trip was ruined but I called the front desk and spoke to the manager on duty and explained that we were not happy. He offered us a 2 bedroom condo at the same price, and we were given the chance to look at the other unit before we took it. We went with the 2 bedroom and really enjoyed all the extra space, 2 bathrooms, and the washer and dryer. We have stayed several times over the last 10 years with The Highlands and were very happy with the service we received.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kjeanette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2010

The Highland Condos were the perfect place to stay on vacation. The rooms were spacious and we loved having a washer/dryer in the condo. The views were wonderful too. The only problem we had was finding our way back to the condo at night. In the dark it was easy to get confused as to which road to turn on. GPS is a good thing. But we really liked being away from the hustle and bustle of town but close enough to be there in about 5-10 minutes. We were within 5-15 miles of Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Seiverville. The condo was so peaceful and quiet. We will most definately stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen_Dunn
scottybo
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I knew from the moment I was driving up a mountain that I would enjoy staying at The Highlands. This was my first time back to Gatlinburg in about 12-13 years and the first time I had heard of The Highlands. The deal (4 nights for the price of 3) sealed it for me along with the pictures of the views that they posted on their website.

The views are spectacular, you are facing the third highest peak in the Smoky Mtns at 6593 feet and are looking down upon the city of Gatlinburg to your left. When we arrived, my fiancee and I sat outside on our private balcony for about 2 hours just taking it all in and enjoying the views and peacefulness.

The location is perfect as well. You are away from all the traffic, but still within a 20 minute drive of both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Cade's Cove is about an hour away.

The room was comfy with a full kitchen and living room. All of the condos have whirlpool baths in the master bedroom; be prepared to wait about 20 minutes for it to fill up. The only complaint I had was with the small, cramped bathroom. The shower was the smallest I've ever seen at about 2 1/2 feet wide on both sides, so be wary of that.

You do not have normal housekeeping services which I actually liked better than staying at a hotel. They give you a clothes basket for you to swap out your towels every day. You must put the basket outside your door before noon if you want the towels replaced. The housekeepers do NOT enter your condo at any time of your stay.

We are getting married in March and were leaning towards a honeymoon in Orlando, but will be staying at The Highlands instead. The view, comfort, and value changed our minds instantly.

We would recommend this as one of the best places in Gatlinburg to stay if you want peace and quiet away from the city and a beautiful view.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 April 2010

The Highland Condos were the perfect place to stay for my husband and I. During our honeymoon the last place we wanted to stay was in a hotel downtown with ton of kids running up and down the hallway. We also considered a cabin but didnt want to be to far from the city. The Highlands is 5 minutes for the center of everything in Gatlinburg and the view is absolutely AMAZING! The unit was very clean and spacious. Thank you Highlands Staff for making my wedding day and honeymoon perfect. I will be back for my anniversary!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 18 April 2010

My husband found the Highland Condo's on TA and it was a great find. We have been twice and stayed in a 1 bedroom condo with incredible views of the Smoky's. Be sure to stay in one of the first/lowest level of buildings so that you have an unobstructed view. Also, some of them are decorated/updated better than others, sure wish that the owners would recognize that and do some improvements.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeniseRN
Reviewed 30 March 2010

We stayed here for our very first time visiting Gatlinburg and it was everything we hoped it would be! Everything was exactly the way it should be and the distance to town was perfect! The drive up the mountain was scary but i survived! The jets could of been a bit cleaner but other then that it was perfect!

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank Dawn08918
Tennessee
Reviewed 8 March 2010

My husband and I came to Gatlinburg to "get away" and celebrate his 30th birthday. I'm 25 and have pretty high standards about decor and surroudnings (environment matters a lot to me!) and Highlands exceeded them all! We stayed in 411 which is a one bedroom unit. It has just been rennovated whereas they took out the jacuzzi and put in a floor to ceiling AMAZING shower. It's big enough for 2 and oh, so beautiful so we didn't mind not having the jacuzzi to crowd the room.

The decor was exquisite. Very modern with a touch of traditional mountain elements. And the view! Oh my word! It was wonderful! There is a little grassy area right outstde our door and when I first booked us I was kinda worried it wouldn't have the "in the mountains" feel like the cabin we stayed in before because there was a grass area and not a drop off. BUT we walked out on to that grassy area and we found our drop off! We are literally IN the mountains. The view is outstanding. Pictures don't do it justice.

The kitchen was well stocked with everytihng you'd need. There's a flat screen tv in both the living room and bedroom. And a fireplace..which we couldn't get going except the first night...we don't have much experience with wood burning fireplaces :o) And the bed....OH MAN! It was SO comfortable! We took a nap when we first got here and we were just giddy with how comfortable and cozy it was.

The price was great too. We came during their 4 night for $328 special. That's an amazing price in my opinion. Especially for what you get. The drive up here isn't hard at all. We watched their youtube video and then also called before we headed out and his directions got us here without a problem. The staff was also VERY friendly. We never had a problem during our stay so the only time I've talked to them is when I've been booking (and called back because on their website the pictures were different than their Facebook page because of the remodel) and when we checked in. But the man was super nice and friendly.

We haven't used to hot tub, pool, or excersize room. It's still chilly here so no pool but maybe the hot tub tonight. If you are wanting a one bedroom condo with amazing views and an exceptional price unit 411 at the Highlands is a hit!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple