“Rocky Waters in Gatlinburg”

Rocky Waters Motor Inn
Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Unicoi, Tennessee
“Rocky Waters in Gatlinburg”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We have stayed at Rocky Water's since 1978 when we were married, we go back just about every year. We always stay street side, open the door to the porch and you are looking over the creek and have privacy. Its not a fancy place at all but it is quiet and you can walk up the street to downtown Gatlingburg. They need to work on the pool street side it needs a remake. They still have the same chairs they had in 1978. It is more sentimental for us, just a nice getaway for a couple of days.

Room Tip: We like street side the best.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The motel is from the 1960's and was top of the line then. We just spent 4 nights at Rocky Waters and will absolutely not go back. The pics online are more than deceiving. The only nice thing is the balcony overlooking the beautiful river and the once or twice visit from Frasier the Crane. Rooms were outdated, doors stuck and the AC was totally worn out to the point I didn't sleep but 2-3 hours a night for the noise it made. No use complaining, paid cash and couldn't afford to go elsewhere expecting no refund. The pool was a joke. The furniture was so demolished and old who knew if it could hold a person 50 lbs. Rocky Waters you need to have the place bulldozed and start over if you want a stream of good clientele. What a joke! We will NEVER go back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karen J
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We got this hotel from a Hotwire deal and it was the worst roon I had ever seen. Hotwire said it was a 3 star hotel....more like 1 sta.r The first bad thing was the desk worker was standing outside talking to someone when I pulled up, then asked me "you need something?" When I got my keys and got to the room the van in the room next to us double parked, so we had to take another rooms parking spot. As soon as I opened the door I was hit in the face by a spider web. There was mold on the sink and a huge water stain in the bathroom, the paint of the walls was coming off, 2 kinds of hair on each bed, huge stains on the chairs, and dust on everything. To top it off the people next to us were somking and all the some came into our room. I called Hotwire and told them what was going on and they sent me to another hotel(of course I had to pay more for a better hotel).

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get a well known hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Chris R
Lebanon
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I would suggest that you go further in town to stay in Gatlinburg. We checked in on Thursday night and to my surprise from some of the reviews that I read, this place was disgusting. There were stains on the carpet in front of the vanity that were sticky. I noticed black mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. And the king size bed was terrible. If you like sleeping in the mountains you will love this bed. Sank so bad in the middle you could not turn on your side. I had to keep a pillow against my back to try and level out the bed. Rethink this decision.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My son and I just returned from a stay at Rocky Waters. The room was extremely nice and very clean. There was an issue with the hot water, but the motel took care of it immediately and the employee they sent was so nice and helpful! I highly recommend this motel for a reasonably priced and nostalgic stay in Gatlinburg. We go every winter at this time and skipped Rocky Waters the past two years, but will stay they from now on when in Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: If you want a room away from the street side, this is the one two choose. Beautiful view of the riv...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Suzy40220
Hendersonville
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We have stayed at Rocky Waters several times over the years. It is an older property...if you expect glitz and glamor, pay 2 times the price and go down the street! We like the fireplace rooms, with an ample supply of wood. We have gotten the advertised bargains for these rooms on their website each time; however, we DO call and talk with the local management, as this property is part of the Days Inn across the river, and we want to be certain we get what we want. The private balconies over the river are wonderful!

Room Tip: Fireplace room, if you like it. Be sure to call the local folks to get these...not sure if you can...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank CapnAmerica
Dawson Springs, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Let me start by saying this motel isn't fancy. But what we did get was a very large room with a fireplace,(firewood supplied and stacked on the balcony) jacuzzi and a balcony over the river at a very good price. The room was very clean and quiet. Very short stroll to all downtown activities. There is a trolly stop and store just across the street. The staff members very helpful and friendly.
The money we saved by staying here went a long way towards paying for other activities.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple