“We left....”

Rocky Waters Motor Inn
Ranked #49 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My husband and I went for our anniversary this past sat. 12-15-12.....walking into the room, the first thing that hits you, is the smell! we opened up the doors, thinking maybe it would go...nope....went to sit on the couch, and was filled with stains..the bed had hair on the pillow case, the bathroom was not cleaned...the fixtures on the jacuzzi, were laying there broken..and tub not cleaned....was just gross....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MaggieMayes
There are newer reviews for Rocky Waters Motor Inn

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Rocky Waters Hotel is one of the oldest in Gatlinberg, my family has stayed here beginning in the 50s so there is a lot of history. Pros include covered parking, balconies right on river and convenient to most every thing. Cons include outdated rooms. They do offer a free continental breakfast but you have to go across river to their sister inn. Gentleman at desk was nice to let us check in early so that helped to go sightseeing.

Room Tip: If you want to be right on river and don't mind a little outdated rooms, ask to stay in Rocky Wa...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I have to say to be an older hotel this was a really nice place....the river is behind the place and that is a relaxing sound. Great Balconey view or the river...Hotel is not on the busy parkway where all the noise is, but you can easily walk to the busy part of town.. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Trizem21
Bobby P, Owner at Rocky Waters Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Gatlinburg! We truly appreciate your business and are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so lucky to be located right on the river and are so glad you took advantage of our best feature!

We hope to see you on your next trip to the Smokies!

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Considering how little time we actually spent in the hotel, I can't really give it a bad or a good review. The mattress we slept on was extremely old and had lost any firmness it had once had; I woke up every morning with a new crick in my neck. The room was clean, though, and the view off our balcony offered considerable privacy and a great view of the river. It's location was easily accessible to the main part of Gatlinburg--we were able to walk there and back--but not so close that we were disturbed by noise. The towels were old and very stubby--not soft or comfortable in the least. All in all, I will have to say, "It's okay."

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your candid feedback of your recent visit with us. I am so sorry your bed prevented a good night's sleep! We are replacing a lot of bedding and hope you will give us a chance to give you a better experience during your next trip to Gatlinburg. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

We are a senior couple and had a wonderful stay at Rocky Waters. We ignored the bad reviews and was surely glad we did. Our next trip is on the 19th of Oct. and we hope to have as good a stay as last time. If not we will let it be known so improvements will be made. Anita of White House, TN.

Room Tip: The lower rooms have a very private deck and you can enjoy the ones closest to the office more since...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bobby P, Owner at Rocky Waters Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments about Rocky Waters! We are so happy you enjoyed your visit and hope your next visit will be enjoyable too! Since these reviews don't share your name, I would love for you to email me personally so you can communicate any suggestions. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you soon! You can email me through Rockywatersgroups@gmail.com. Thanks again for giving us the chance to be your home away from home in the Smokies!

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Checked in and from the start......Stains on sheets, stains on walls. nats flying around toliet, gential hairs in jacuzzi.....YUCK.....Ash from fire place on the floor of the cracked tile job.. Smelled of mold and cigs... skin oil stains on chairs, burns in carpet...OMG dont waste your time or at least have a van to sleep in, just in case you change your mind. would never recommend this place to anyone or their animals.

Room Tip: Best western up the street is sooooo much better.
4  Thank Nonya B
Reviewed 22 August 2012

The location is good, the river views are lovely, however the Inn itself needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. There is something of a 1960s 70s feel about Gatlinburg that is fun and fascinating, but this Inn needs some modernising as it is just plain worn out.

For the first time ever whilst travelling I had to ask for another room due to a blocked basin that they were obviously trying to fix, a bucket of green liquid having been left in the room. The next room was an improvement on the first, but I had only 2 small hand towels and no bath towel, thank goodness I am not that big! I felt I should go and ask for more, but having already moved rooms and being rather wet, I thought I would wait. The following day I had about 6 towels.

The close proximity to the river probably contributed to a feeling of dampness in the room and in the carpets, but maybe not...

Photos taken at time of check-in to first room.

Room Tip: Sadly, I would suggest staying at the Days Inn, round the corner, where Rocky Waters guests have to...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo