“Excellent”

Ranked #48 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Ooltewah, TN
“Excellent”
Reviewed 28 June 2008

The room was spotless, the staff were very friendly and hospitable. Will definitely stay at Rocky Waters again.

Vicki Holloway Room 131 6/24-6/26/2008

• Liked — The cleanliness of the room and the hospitality
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cincinnati
Reviewed 22 June 2008

It was very clean but not fancy; the beds and pillows were comfortable, there was a small fridge and micro in the room, and the price was right. There was no charge for parking, and the in room air conditioning was very cold, if a little noisy. The hotel is on the main drag but the back of the unit (balcony and bed) is on the creek, so traffic noise never bothered us. It is located on the Pigeon Forge side of town (between traffic lights 2 & 3), so you miss most of the traffic jam during busy times, but still is an easy walk to town - 1/4 mile maybe. The outdoor pool is clean also with a wonderful whirlpool. The continental breakfast was the only thing truly lacking - cold cereal, bagels, milk, juice, coffee, and sometimes they ran out of orange juice. We would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — cleanliness/ comfort
  • Disliked — continental breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dneumann
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 9 April 2008

We drove down to Gatlinburg for a mini-vacation the last week of March. We decided to not make reservations and be stuck somewhere we didn't like so we printedo off a bunch of different motel's coupons and drove thru Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and picked a place to stay. We saw the Rocky Waters Inn as we started getting into downtown Gatlinburg. There are actually several different buildings which make up the complex, and I would recommend checking into the Days Inn Rocky Waters building. We thought it was an independent Days Inn, seperate from Rocky Waters but was told that they all had the same owner. Which was great, because they let us use our Rocky Waters Inn internet coupon. The room was excellent; we parked right at our door in the back of the building, and as you walk thru the room and ut onto the balcony, you are actually up a level. Everything was clean and modern, and the balcony was awesome...the river separates you from the parkway so you have more privacy and can hear the river, but are still able to watch the parkway traffic. We were nicely surprised to find that our room included a microwave, fridge, and sofa; with our coupon we got the room for $39 a night!! I will definately stay at Days Inn Rocky Waters again.

• Liked — Clean modern rooms, excellent balcony view
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goUKcats
Jackson,ms
Reviewed 27 March 2008

I went to their during the spring break for 6 days, since it was the first time I went to Gatlingurg,TN, I was very nervious about picking up a hotel to stay. I have seen the reviews about them, seemed like their fine. Then I decided to go to there (cause they don't have reviews about bugs such kind of things are showed in other hotels I looked). After 6 nights , I feel it was a nice place to stay. Our house keeper she was very nice and did everyday clean very well. They have a balcony for eachroom which are facing the river nearby, even you don't want to sit there it is still a good view for you trip.

But also they have their own problems:

They are next to the road, it might have some noise when some loud engine vehicle passed by at night. But I was tired every night so it didn't bother me. But there is a Days Inn cross the river you may choose(sounds like they are owned by the same manager)
Another is their A/C has some smell inside. But after about a few hours it might be good. But anyway, I think it is a good place to stay!

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Drum, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2008

Found Rocky Waters by searching for hotels online for Gatlinburg. Couldn't book it on the hotel website, but could on hotels.com. I was a little nervous about booking on hotels.com, so I called Rocky Waters direct. The reservation was even cheaper directly from the hotel. Talked to Marilyn. She was helpful and friendly. I can't understand why anyone would give this hotel a bad rap. This place ( I am at the Rocky Waters right now) is the best hotel. The location is unreal. The river rumbling all day and night is calming. The staff is very helpful and kind. The room is clean and accomodating. The bathroom is like brand new. There is even a vent in the bathroom that puts out heat for the bathroom when you flip a switch. Stay here if you plan on visiting Gatlinburg. We walked to town, but the trolley stop is right out front. Can't imagine a bad review on the hotel. I read a review before booking and figured that I would take my chances. It paid off. Stay at the Rocky Waters and you won't regret it. Theresa Zephyrhills, Fl

Stayed January 2008
Brandon, MS
Reviewed 25 October 2007

This is about our 8th time to stay at Rocky Waters! We just keep going back due to the friendliness of the staff and the great locale. From reservations to check in to housekeeping to the lady stocking the breakfast, everyone was so accommodating and friendly. The room this time could have used some updating, but overall the stay was nice and the bed very comfortable. We noticed some of the rooms were getting new carpet and hope that will be hotel-wide! For the first time we stayed on the first level and were able to park right outside our room which made for great unloading and loading as well as coming and going each day. One thing that bothered me was heavy mildew in the bathroom around the ceiling, walls and tub. I was able to wipe some of it off with a plain wet wash rag, so I know a few shots of good ole Clorox and a scrub brush would have taken care of that nasty stuff in short order. One morning I noticed a woman a few rooms down in a non-smoking room, standing in the doorway puffing away on her cigarette! The rudeness and audacity of people never ceases to amaze me! All in all we had a good stay and we will be going back in 2008. Hope all the rooms have had an update by then.

• Liked — location and friendly staff
  • Disliked — outdated room and mildew in bathroom
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank June55Baby
west TN
Reviewed 17 October 2007

After we checked in, we were given an assigned parking spot for our room....Luckily we were given a room with parking directly underneath so we could get out...Many others had to parallel park out front in a narrow area which meant they could not move their cars until everyone behind them moved...

For those who stay on the 2nd floor, the good news is there are no stairs, but a ramp so you can wheel up your luggage instead of carrying it...The bad news is that you have to be really careful because there are some potholes in the concrete you'll trip on if you don't watch your step...

Upon entering our room we noticed that it was clean and tidy, but dated...We were happy just having a place to lay our heads at night, but if you're looking for something nice, seek elsewhere...We had to request toilet paper, because they had only given us an 1/8th of a roll...Our beds were okay and our linens were clean...The refrigerator was loud, but once I got to sleep it didn't bother me...One of the knobs were missing from our heater/air conditioner unit, but I was able to move it with my fingernails...It was a tad noisy, but not too bad...

All in all, it was a good place to sleep at night and if there was nothing else available in Gatlinburg next time we go, I'd stay there again rather than in Pigeon Forge, but I'll try to book more in advance next time so we can get something nicer....

Stayed October 2007

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels