“Christmas shopping trip ”

Rocky Waters Motor Inn
Ranked #50 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Certainly an older establishment. The decor could use some updating, the furniture was well used and housekeeping was not top notch. On the other hand, the bed was very comfortable, the view of the creek was excellent. Over all, it's fair to say that for the price to stay there, you get what you pay for.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
BurkeTia, Manager at Rocky Waters Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Rocky Waters Inn for your Gatlinburg accommodations. I am so sorry to hear that your housekeeper was not at her best during your visit. In the future, please let us know about any service issues while you are still in-house so we can resolve the problems immediately, Your experience is important to us and we will do everything we can to correct any issues and ensure you have a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on a Saturday and was quite impressed by it. Walked in to a clean room, went straight to the balcony to check out the really nice view. The road traffic is not a factor unless you go to bed at 8 o clock, but why arent you out enjoying the city a TV night. Dont blame the kids. You get your own parking spot and can hit the trolley stop right across the street or just start walking. Its roughly a six min walk to the good shops but you pass some to stop in too. This is what made it! The vicinity to the shops were nice and not having to pay for parking or fight the traffic. The front desk guy was helpful as to what shops and restaurants were where and if we needed anything, he was there to help. After the shops all day I sat out on the balcony and enjoyed the sounds of the creek flowing. It was so nice!! We stayed in room 109 and it was very clean and no bugs. We will definatly stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you so much for your positive feedback of your recent visit. We are so happy you enjoyed your guest room balcony, river views and convenient downtown location. If you would like to receive our special deals for your next visit, please visit our website www.rockywatersinn.com and sign up for enews. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

A large SPIDER was in my bed the next morning!!!! I ask for a refund, and was refused. I ask for another room, and was refused. The clerk was on the phone with the manager April, who offered to have our room sprayed with chemical bug spray for the spider, I tried to explain that my niece has asthma and could not be confined in a small space that had been exposed to chemicals, (and I did not want to sleep in a room sprayed with carcinogenic for 8-10 hrs). I was informed that was all they could do, I responded I would have to leave then and her response was “that’s fine” so we had to forfeit $80.00.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KentuckyNurse68

I am so sorry you were so unhappy with your stay at our inn due to nature creeping into your bed! I am sure that was very frightening to find a spider in your bed! Since our rooms do have private balconies, guests do leave the doors open frequently and sometimes this results in an unwelcome guest in your room. We do our best to keep up with extermination but sometimes bugs do come in when the balcony door is open, especially at night when the light is on. I am so sorry you decided to leave and hope you were happy with your next hotel.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The road noise was too great at night and throughout the night. The room was average but clean; however the sofa was old and stained. We were at the lower end of the motel and didn't have the greatest rocky river view. We never were told that breakfast was included. We only saw coffee in the lobby. I learned from a previous post before writing this that breakfast was at the Days Inn. After being in Gatlinburg, we discovered other accomodations much better for the money and in better locations. We'll know better next time.

Room Tip: Don't get one with a sofa. The sofa was dirty.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so sorry to read your comments that you were disappointed with your stay. It is very unusual to get a complaint about road noise since most guests say the river noise usually overcomes any traffic noise. You were visiting at a very busy time of year and I am so sorry that you were not able to relax due to the road noise. We do appreciate your comments and hope you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

2nd time here. Room is not "the latest" in decor but is always clean & comfortable. Love the balcony over the river & the reserved parking spot! Convenient to city attractions since we like to walk, but not in the middle of town with all the traffic & parking problems. Staff is friendly & helpful. Will stay here anytime we visit the area!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Hotel was OK. Located about 10 minute walk from the main part of town. Fairly quiet. Clean. However, the included breakfast is served at a different hotel (Days Inn) which you have to walk about a block. Horrible meal. Cold biscuit gravy. Watery coffee. Very little choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This place is owned by the same broken english speaking guy who owns the Comfort Inn near the property. Do not stay here unless you want bedbugs. Upon arrival, we asked to see the room. It was very clean. The view was spectacular. We booked for 3 nights. The first morning, I had a few bites on various parts of my body. Chalked it up to mosquitos or just being in the mountains. The second day, we were relaxing and I looked over and saw a BEDBUG on the sheets near my husband. I could not believe my eyes, as I had never seen a real one before. We emptied out an ibuprofen bottle and captured it, packed our stuff as lightning fast as we could and went to the office with the bedbug in the bottle in hand. The front desk lady was neither shocked nor concerned. She had to call the Comfort Inn manager to ask if we could check out early. They said they would refund our upcoming night's stay and we could check out early. Duh!!!!! We wanted ALL our money back. We had to go over to the Comfort Inn to speak with the man who could barely speak english who owned the place. He was rude and that is putting it nicely. He refused to give us our money back and the toothless lady at his side accused US of bringing the bedbug to the hotel with us!!!!!!!! They would have made us happy to simply refund our money. We do not like trouble. I am trying to write this review as kindly as I can. The room was very clean and the gentleman who checked us in was very nice. When we went back over to the Rocky Waters Bedbug Motor Lodge, I asked the woman if she was aware there was a bedbug problem, she said no. She said whenever the maids find bedbugs they bring them to the office. Well, that comment let me know they were aware of bedbugs. All I can say is that there is no amount of money I would take to EVER stay there again for two reasons... Bedbugs and the owner.....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CPThatsMe

I am concerned and confused about your review. The person who owns Rocky Waters does not own the Comfort Inn so I am not sure how you spoke to any manager at the Comfort Inn about your stay. Regardless of the confusion, please know, we do inspect each room carefully for bedbugs and have an ongoing contract with an exterminating company to ensure our hotel stays bug free. We do have private balconies and guests frequently leave the doors open which does attract small bugs in from outside especially at night when the inside lights are on; however, these are typically not confused with bed bugs. I hope your next stay to our area is much better!