“awesome private view”

Rocky Waters Motor Inn
Ranked #50 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Staff was friendly,beds very comfortable, rooms looked clean and nice. Parking right in front of room. The best part was the private balcony overlooking the river best view ever. We saw ducks and a crane.We slept with window open and the river sounded amazing.We will definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Tammy C

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Purchased 3 nights at $99.00 a night sounded reasonable. Not
first of all the room.... Bed was foam mattress and I aint talking memory foam folks. The couch had stains on it that appeared to have been there for a century. The chairs in the room had enough dust on the pad behind the back supports to create a dust ball. The bathroom smelled of URINE. We were only given 2 towels for the bath room. The maid did not replenish the toilet paper that was empty.
The breakfast.... was not at this hotel it was a block away at Days inn.This was a joke. the breakfast was what they called continental. This depends what continent your from. Breakfast consisted of dry biscuits and gravy, waffles,glazed donuts and white bread to make a toast with. Frosted flakes or cheerios.
Apple juice was water and orange juice was orange colored water.

I would not ever stay at this place again even though they tell you if you put a positive comment on trip advisor they will give you 10% off on your next stay. They should give you a free stay for a positive comment.
Honestly I rely a lot on trip advisor and other sites like yelp to help me make decisions on where to stay and eat. By an establishment bribing people to give a positive for a reduction in price is wrong.

Room Tip: Look in area for a beautiful cabin in the mountains to stay at. Do not stay here!!!
4  Thank acars12
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I spent a night there on my way south and was pleased with my stay. While the fixtures are somewhat dated everything was very clean and comfortable. You even get our own reserved parking spot. The view off the balcony was what made the hotel worth every penny! The staff was also friendly and helpful. If I'm ever traveling this way again I will be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you select a room with a balcony!
1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I booked this hotel through Booking.com. It was happy to book there. It looks nice, it's on the river, and I read good reviews. I called to confirm my booked room; a King room... They said they were out of King rooms, so they were going to give us a Jacuzzi/Fireplace King room for the same price. That sounded amazing. When we arrived to the hotel, they had cancelled our booking and had to place us in a room across the river at Days Inn (their other hotel). We got a double queen room instead.... *****BUT!!!!!!***** They discounted the room even more than it already had been and the view was beautiful. I DON'T REGRET IT AT ALL.

Room Tip: Each room has a balcony. Can't go wrong with that.
2  Thank Heather C
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I work for a Marriott so I know what I am talking about (mostly positive, and some construct full criticism). After driving 21 hours from Texas we were greeted by an unfriendly woman who claimed I had taken her parking spot, okay not the best way to start off the trip (THEY HAVE ASSIGNED PARKING) that's cool please tell someone on the phone when they call and ask about your property. My husband and I asked the woman to give us one second while we checked in to find out what the deal was. The gentleman at the desk was to say the least a little casual...I kind of had to coax him into helping us out, I personally don't like to see Guest Service Representatives sitting on their back sides when a guest approaches the desk (make the effort to stand up, it's polite!). The room was not bad for an older property...some deep cleaning might be in order (cob webs in corners) had a slight musty smell, but that is age. Room was huge with a nice balcony overlooking the river! Loved it! I am so into giving Housekeeper's praise...they have the most unappreciated jobs...However, my husband an I are a quiet couple and not demanding to say the least...we don't think someone should wait on us hand and foot, but an envelope with the housekeeper's name and tip is slightly pretentious. Now, there is some false advertising...we asked if they had a business center and they said yes at the attached property where they also have the breakfast. Poor girl looked, as if I had just I had just stepped out of the twilight zone when I asked. She did offer to let me use a back office computer, uuummm no don't want to get you in trouble! I did go to a Marriott property I had stayed at a few years back, Fairfield in Gatlinburg on Parkway. And they were cordial enough to let me use their business center. If you don't have an amenity don't say you do, just be forthright, I'd be less...tell all novel. So, great location (plus) great value (plus) no bugs (plus) nice big beds (plus) rooms pretty clean, could be cleaner (plus)...staff (need to step it up, just cause it's not super fast paced, does not mean that you should not give the best service.) And don't think I am some snotty woman from Texas! I was raised in Seymour, Tennessee. I just happen to be old school and believe in good manners! I love takin care of folks that's why I am in the business of hospitality!

2  Thank raven1775
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Being right on the stream was very nice. You look down from the balcony and see ducks and a trout every now and then. The room was clean and updated along with coffee in the room. The TV was the old tube type but it didn't seem to bother us at all. The main strip was an easy walk. I liked the assigned parking under the building.

1  Thank cjatlanta2
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights at Rocky Waters this past week. Before checking in, we had read some pretty unfavorable reviews saying that the place was dirty, outdated, and had a bug problem. Needless to say we were a little skeptical, but we couldn't say no to the price.
When we arrived, the woman at the front desk was so friendly! We had booked room 101 with a jacuzzi tub and a king size bed. The parking situation was a little funny because we had to go back out onto the road to actually get to our parking space, but we figured it out.
When we opened the door to our room and began to investigate it, we were happy with the conditions. The room is average size, but the HUGE bed and the GIGANTIC tub make it seem small. Plenty of room for the two of us. Also, the balcony overlooking the river is amazing. You could hear it with the door shut and it drowned out the noise of the highway... Very relaxing. There were no bugs, but the comforter on the bed was a little dirty. I'm sure that we could have requested another one, we just didn't want to fool with it. The wallpaper, curtains and paintings on the walls are very outdated and give the room a cheesy 70's motel feel. But, we weren't paying for a 5 star modern microsuite. So this wasn't a big deal. The jacuzzi worked great, the toilet and sinks worked great, too. The fireplace was a little dusty and questionable, but it was nearly 80 degrees both days so we didn't need it. Likewise, I know that we could have requested someone to come help us with it because the people were so nice! It would have been the perfect romantic touch during a winter vacation.
********LOCATION ALERT**********
This place is NOT convenient if you want to spend a lot of time out at night. We wanted to drink and not drive, but the trolley service stops at ten. The walk isn't bad at all (little over a mile to downtown where Ripleys and the restaurants are) but when you are inebriated it is much more difficult and seems to be uphill both ways. I would suggest staying somewhere around Redlight 6 if you plan on doing the same.
Other than that it is conveniently located directly across from a gas station and a liquor store. And it would be awesome if you planned on driving to Pigeon Forge and back during the day or using the trolley or your car.
One complaint I did have was that some person was leaf blowing right outside our door at like 1pm and we were asleep. He or she preceded to leaf blow all around the building which woke us up. But, in their defense it WAS 1 o clock in the afternoon, and typical people don't sleep that late.
Overall, the place was nice and clean. The people were very friendly and helpful. We probably wouldn't stay there again simply because it was just so far out of town.

• Stayed: April 2014