“Bed, bathroom, wi-fi, good service, and on the strip, what more could you want?”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Royal Town House Motel
Ranked #36 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Pontiac, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

We visited Gatlinburg from 10/9-10/11, we got into town on the 9th after driving all night. We walked the strip and compared prices with features provided and discovered that this was our best bet. We didnt want to blow our budget on the hotel, but we didnt want cheap either and this provided the best of both. Other than a small tv, outdated bathroom, and no breakfast, this is a great hotel. What they lack in quality compared to the expensive hotels they make up with prices and friendly staff. The staff made us feel very welcome and even let us leave our car in the lot after we checked out so we could go back and hit the parkway one more time. When we come back to Gatlinburg, we definitely would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Almont2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I haven't researched other similar places in Gatlinburg to know how the price compares, but I assume it's a good deal. The room seemed clean enough, but there was a smell of some sort in the air that I couldn't quite identify. Nothing terrible, but noticeable. Maybe it was this that made me nervous about the cleanliness of the blankets, carpet, etc., even though there were no obvious signs of dirt.

The rooms are also fairly dated, if that bothers you. For example, the counter surface in the bathroom sink has worn away from the sink itself in spots, and there were visible patch jobs in the walls. There was also a wall unit air conditioner that kicked on and off frequently and was kind of annoying when I was trying to get to sleep.

On the plus side, the location is great if you're there for the shops and entertainment in Gatlinburg. And it's right across the street from the convention center.

Overall, this is definitely a step below your average mid-range hotel/motel. Probably not the best place for a romantic getaway or for those who want an up-to-date room or lots of amenities (no irons in the room, for example, although a fabric steamer was available in the office.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Robert55229
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed four nights at this motel for a bridge tournament. It was just across the street from the Convention Center, which housed the tournament games. However, the room was very dark, even with the lights on, and the bed was very very unconfortable. It felt like there were steel rods in it. The room was clean enough, but nothing at the motel would propel me to make reservations for next year.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Carol C
Akron
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed at the Royal Townhouse on a packed Saturday night in Gatlinburg. It was a basic clean room. It worked out good because we were not in town to stay in the room. There is no shampoo or hair dryer but the cable and wifi worked perfectly. Some rooms have fireplaces. If you are used to higher class hotels this is not the place for you. We have stayed there 3 times this year mainly because the location is perfect.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Michael V
Blacksburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel quite often and up until this trip this has been a good place to stay. But, this time the room was a little dirty. With old gummy bears, hairs, and other miscellaneous stuff on the bathroom floor. I dont believe this will be enough to keep me from staying here again, since I have had no problems in the past. This hotel is within easy walking distant of everything downtown Gatlinburg and is directly across from the convention center.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank DfromSC
Chattanooga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed here for a weekend ladies' retreat. It is the best hotel I have stayed at in Gatlinburg in this price range.
The room was older as the ones on the strip are but very clean. The room has a mini fridge and there is a microwave at the front desk area.
The property is right across from the convention center and convenient to the strip.
There is no breakfast offered. I did not miss the usual stale muffins but some in our group were disappointed.
The staff was very efficient--we had a light bulb out and it was fixed within minutes of our reporting it.
I would rccommend this to anyone wanting a cheap room on the strip. I have stayed in a lot worse rooms at other nearby places for the same price.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank beckyfromtennessee
Gulfport, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

My Wife and I recently stayed here for a night. We only paid $50 for one night. The location is perfect. You can walk to anywhere in downtown gatlinburg from this hotel. Our room was spacious, had a boarded up fireplace, a micro-fridge and a full bathtub. The room was very dated, the tub, countertops, furniture, carpet, etc... all felt like the place had not been updated in 30'ish years. If you simply need a place to dump your car and all your stuff by day and sleep by night this place is great. If you plan on staying in the room for a majority of the time, I would invest a few more dollars and upgrade to a nicer hotel. My Wife and I just needed a place to sleep so this place was great for us, would recommend.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple