“Excellent inexpensive place to stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Royal Town House Motel
Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed at many budget hotels in Gatlinburg, but this one is by far the best. The rooms were nothing fancy and the tv was small, but the cleanliness and friendliness made it well worth it! I had a maid named Tonnie while I was there and every morning she greeted me with a smile, she talked to me like she had known me for years. The front office staff was very nice. We had a problem with the A.C. not cooling the room, we told the staff, went for a walk and by the time we came back they had came in and fixed it. Extra pillows were available, which most hotels that I have stayed at will not give extras. The pool is on the roof and there is also a patio up there where you can sit and watch the traffic. The location was amazing, right on the main strip and everything was within walking distance.

Room Tip: The rooms farther back from the strip are very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Brandy B

Reviewed 27 June 2013

While visiting a convention in Gatlinburg, I was staying at one of the higher priced national chains down the road. I looked into the Royal House because it was across the street and nearly half the price.

The room was clean and no frills.

It didn't come with shampoo, but everything else was good.

I stayed on the top floor because it is my belief they are quieter.

Free parking for guests. Good location. If you are trying to manage a budget, I would stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank roughneck55
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is my choice pick when staying in Gatlinburg. It is right on the strip. It's an easy walk either way to Ober Gatlinburg or to the other end of town to the Aquarium. The rooftop pool is awesome with great views. Front desk staff are always nice and friendly. The air was set on 68 when we walked in the door which was nice on a hot summer day and we didn't have to wait for the room to cool down. The loud motorcycles were a little annoying when they were leaving in the morning but that can't be helped. This place is way cheaper than other motels in Gatlinburg. Don't waste your money on one of those big fancy hotels when you are only there to sleep. Save your room money and stay here. It's worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank zntenn
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The room as always was clean. The carpet looked new and the linens were fresh. This hotel is not updated or new, but always clean and staff friendly. Great location and staff. Worth the money. The rooftop pool is always great just to sit at or enjoy a dip. The parking is alittle tricky, but once again, worth the trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank L2ADVENTURES
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I visited on a weekend in the summer & the rates were over $30 cheaper than other hotels I looked at. Not to mention the other hotels were not even right on the main strip. The room was big, had a refrigerator, & a fireplace. They are outdated I admit, but comfortable & clean. I loved the rooftop pool, especially just sitting on the balcony watching people. This motel is perfect for those on a budget who want great location in downtown Gatlinburg. Walking distance to lots of shops, restaurants, & many attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank kristid66
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This hotel is in the heart of it all in downtown Gatlinburg...We found a coupon in one of the many coupon books scattered across this town that offered a buy one night, get one night FREE. We checked in with no issues and they honored the coupon!! The place was clean, the staff was very friendly, and the rooftop pool was awesome :) However, it is old and not the fanciest...but for the price and the coupon, it was a no brainer for us!! I would recommend this hotel/motel to the budget conscious looking for an average stay!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annie_grl22
Reviewed 23 May 2013

It's a great mom and pop feel.. Friendly staff.. Love the roof top pool. Perfect spot on the strip . Not the HILTON but not paying that price either. We have been going several times a year since we found it..

• Stayed: May 2013