“Older but great location, clean and cheap”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Royal Town House Motel
Ranked #42 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here for 3 days over the weekend. It is an older hotel that does need renovations, but it was nice and clean, staff were friendly and helpful. We have decided to make this hotel our place to stay for each trip to Gatlinburg. The only downfalls were that they didn't give you the shampoo samples along with the bars of soap and we didn't find out till we were checking out that the do have hair dryers but they are kept in the office and you have to request it. The other thing is the television was fuzzy but watchable (but who goes on vacation to sit and watch tv anyways). I would highly recommend Royal Townhouse to anyone looking for a cheap but clean place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor in the back facing the strip have a beautiful view of the mountai...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keri M

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have stayed at the royal townhouse many times. Recently stayed again for several
Nites. The prices are great, the location is perfect, the staff are always friendly and helpful.
I love to sit on the rooftop and enjoy the wonders of Gatlinburg. Even though it is an older
Property, it is always clean, neat and nice. Parking is tricky, but once parked you can walk
The streets of Gatlinburg easily and get anything you want. I hope they are always here
To stay at. We love It!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DMC714
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and myself, went up late one evening our normal place had closed. The Royal Town House was open with double beds only. We got into our room it was very musty smelling, we got ready for bed layed down to watch TV it worked but no cable so only fuzz. Then as I was laying there I smelt a aweful smell it was the BED if smelt like FISH!! we quickly changed beds as it was 330AM. then at 5AM the PIPES started shaking from our neighbors using thier restrooms. The shower nozzle came down to my chest so in order to shower you had to bend down I am 5.5 my husband is taller, so that was award for him. I complained at check out which we did by 830AM. the only thing the clerk said was SORRY have a good day, we will never stay there again or even tell a friend to stay there.

Room Tip: can't give any tips for this place at all
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cathyfbradshaw
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed for 6 nights in October and we would come back. It is an old hotel but our room was clean and cheap. We paid 371.00 with tax for 6 nights in peak season in the Smokies. You can also get a coupon for a free week night on their website. The location was wonderful and we loved sitting on the roof top balcony at night. This place does not provide shampoo, hair dryers, or an iron and the bed wasn't real comfortable. Also the room you book is the room you will get when you arrive. They will not upgrade even if they have a lot of empty rooms. However the price and location makes up for the other things.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sbuck2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This place starts out with such great and friendly office staff and doesn't end there!
The price of the room was amazing, especially since it was a holiday weekend!
The room was VERY roomy and actually had an air conditioner in the wall and not the window, great! By the way, our tub, sink and toilet was actually antique gold in color, which for some reason always makes me smile!
The maid service did a great job in keeping everything neat and clean and full.
The pool is on the ROOF, the third floor, and around the balcony are chairs to people/street watch.
My husband and I both love this motel and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lwcde
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The room was large.It's on the parkway.The linens were crisp and fresh.The bed was awesome!........but the manager was the best part!....super nice guy!........But my favorite thing was the ice machine!...A REAL ICE MACHINE.........I WILL BE BACK SOON!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank divcotwin
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Really enjoyed staying at the Royal Town House Motel..Swimming Pool on Top looking down on Parkway. They have chairs by the swimming pool and you can watch all the traffic and also people watch. Friendly service ... they didn't have shampoo in room but all you had to do is ask for it at the front desk.Really enjoyed my stay and I will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family