Royal Town House Motel
US$110
  • Pool
US$145
GardenInn.com
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$66
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$79
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$112
Hampton Inn Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$157
Hampton.com
US$220
US$213
Agoda.com
Zoders Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$90
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$168
Travelocity
US$100
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooftop poolgreat location in downtowninexpensive place to staytop deckdaily maid servicerooms are cleanextra pillowsan older propertystay there againoffice staffvisit gatlinburgthe main streetthe smoky mountainsstripratesconventionremodeling
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2009

This hotel is a bit old and shows it. It was clean and it does have a good location. However, the rooms are a bit shabby. Our room was a good size and it did have a small refrigerator, television, coffee maker and pool. The bed was comfortable. For the location, it was a reasonable price. No breakfast included but there was a Flapjacks across the street. They did great whole wheat & nut pancakes. I would not discourage people from staying here, but just realize that it is not luxury.

I would highly recommend having lunch/dinner at Uva's Wine Bar & Cafe, just down the same road as the hotel towards Pigeon Forge. The rest of the dining scene in Gatlinburg was disappointing but this place was a gem. Glenn & Lisa were wonderful and very eager to please. The menu was small but delicious. They have only been open a short time and we hope they succeed. They were the bright spot in our trip to Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mlmdjd
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We planned a short trip away from everything in early May. I searched extensively for an economical place to stay on the strip. After reading reviews here, we thought we would give RTHM a try.

We had a king room (#129) all the way in the back. It was very unbusy and fairly quiet. This hotel is right on the parkway, so there is some noise, especially in the mornings. There is ample parking, which is nice, since we avoided ever paying for parking in Gatlinburg. We stayed 3 nights, Fri and Sat night at $59 and Sun night at $39. You can't beat that with a stick.

There is no breakfast, but there is a Flapjack's right down the street, on the other side. Or a McDonald's near the Skylift, for a more economical breakfast.

This is important to note: They are in the process of building a Hilton hotel right behind the RTHM. The beeping of the construction trucks begins around 7:30 am, 7 days a week. It was really annoying. At times, it sounded like the trucks were in our bathroom.

Overall, the room was clean and the bed was big and comfortable. The TV is kind of small and the room could use some updating, especially the bathroom. This is a 70s hotel, and the colors prove it...lol! We were happy with it and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trillian880
Reviewed 4 April 2009

We had stayed at the RTHM several years ago and based on TA reviews we tried it again.

We got a mid week rate of $49, Fri was $59. room had 2 full size beds, mini fridge, cofee pot, telephone, cable tv. The best were very comfy. The wireless internet connection was great.

The best part for me was that we requested a nonsmoking room, the door had an insignia designating it was a non smoking room, we open the door..thank God!! the room smelled fresh,like no one had EVER smoked in it. Many times at other hotels we request non smoking and the room still stinks of smoke.

My wife felt that the bathroom was bit small but I am a big guy and I had no problem with it. When I get a great room directly on the parkway for $49. I guss that erased the bathroom size from my mind.
The bathroom looked like it had just been remodled, the tub caulk was so white it made me notice, "man . that is some clean ,white tub caulk. "

The front desk was very friendly, we arrived "way" early and she let us check in any way ( I must looked like I needed the rest)
The house keeper, I think her name was peggy, did and awesome job on our room and was very nice also.

Saturday morning I tried to get a better rate than the 59.00 but the price was firm, you can blame a guy for trying. Since we didnt get the deal of a life time on the SAturday rate we checke out as planned, very happy with every aspect of our stay at RTHM.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank tonysapp2
Reviewed 10 January 2009

We stay here at Royal Townhouse , and have for many years . You can`t beat the price and its easy walking to everything , we stay almost every year in Jan. , its an older place and like all us old things it could use some work but all in all its the GREATEST !! , you can even have a room with a fire place , very cool !!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 10 January 2009

My husband and I travel to the gatlinburg at least once a year. We spend at least one night in a hotel before checking into a cabin. This hotel is one of the nicer hotels we have stayed in on the strip ~ ~ ~ it was very clean and no weird smells!!! We were so impressed that we went back to this hotel after checking out of our cabin and stayed for another 2 nights :-) It is in a good location in walking distance to most anything on the strip. The pancake house across the street is one of the best!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple