“My home away from home”

Residence Inn Greenbelt
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
“My home away from home”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My job requires me to travel throughout the east and sometimes to the west coast about 30 to 40 % of the year, so I stay in hotels quite often. Recently, I stayed at the Residence Inn, Greenbelt, Maryland, for an extended stay. I arrived in late January and did not end my travel to the area until the end of March. I had stayed at this hotel in the past, but when I checked in, I was pleasantly surprised about the upgrades that had been made to the rooms. The rooms were remodeled and all new appliances had been installed. My wife does interior design work, so I immediately took pictures, sending them to her in a text message. She was impressed, driving up to join me for one weekend. In addition to the room upgrades, I felt the staff was upgraded too. They went out of their way to ensure my stay was great. The GM, Mr. Allen Davis, his other managers, front desk and dining staff , along with house keeping made my stay the best stay I've ever had. Because of the extended time I was there, I got to know their names and they mine, as they greeted me by name whenever they saw me. I always tell people that your family is your strength and being away from them is hard. Thanks to Mr. Davis' and his team's hospitality, my stay away from my family was a lot less difficult.

I look forward to my next stay.

SuprWil

Room Tip: I find the top floors in any hotel are the best.
1 Thank SuprWil
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear SuprWil,

Thank you so much for staying with for much of the first quarter. I’m glad that you love our renovations, and more importantly our staff! Here at the Residence Inn Greenbelt, each and every one of us understands what true customer service is, and practice it every single day.
After three months, we felt as though you were a part of our family, and we are glad that we made your time away from your family less difficult. We can’t wait to have you stay with us again.

Best, Allen Davis, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Extremely convenient to the University of Maryland.

Oddly enough, this hotel is in the midst of a renovation of the breakfast area which will briefly require using the gym 50 paces away at the Courtyard and involve a view of some roll off trash containers in the parking lot. Normally this might affect my willingness to give 5 stars.
Then again, these renovations are to improve the experience for the customer, how can I argue with that?

I have stayed once before with very minor issues to report. However, upon reporting them, the staff went out of their way to remedy all that was not perfect. Upon my return, I was greeted by name and received fast and friendly service at every turn. Even the staff in housekeeping made every effort to say hello and make sure that I had everything I needed.

The rooms are spotless, staff friendly, amenities as promised and location very secure. I was there for an event involving middle school aged children and have recommended to many parents that they consider this property for similar events which will occur every few months.

At the end of the day, I felt appreciated. I will return and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children, the 2 bedroom suite is outstanding, however, a couple with two c...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear PatriceFore,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your experiences with us. First and foremost, there are no such things as “minor issues” with us. We take every comment from our guests seriously, with not one comment more important than another. We are delighted that you gave us another chance to show you what we are made of! I am so pleased that you received such excellent service from everyone you encountered. That is what our business is all about, and we take great pride it delivering great service, early and often! When you said that you felt appreciated, you made both my and my staff’s day. We look forward to hosting you and your family the next time you are in town.

Yours in service, Allen Davis, GM
Beltsville, Maryland
Reviewed 12 March 2013

As a travel arranger for the Federal government, I wish to communicate how very helpful Mary Parks, Director of Sales & Marketing, at the Residence Inn, Greenbelt, has been to me personally and to my government traveler. My traveler was on extended stay at the Residence Inn, Greenbelt, from January 7 - March 10, involving the Inn's invoicing my traveler every 9 days over a 9 week period. Mary was just the epitome of helpfulness in scanning the invoices to me in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner, enabling me to do my job of processing payment from the government to the Residence Inn. I would not have been able to stay atop this process from week to week had Mary not performed her duties so very proficiently. Many thanks to Mary, and to Residence Inn, Greenbelt, for having her on their staff! Our thanks and appreciation also to the Residence Inn, Greenbelt, for the reduced rate on the hotel for our extended stay guest from January 7 - March 10!

Dear PatriciaD,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We were so happy to have your traveler stay with us, and understand the importance of making everything run as smoothly as possible, both for you and your traveler. We look forward to the next time he stays with us.

Have a great day, Allen Davis, GM
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay very much. When they were unable to give us the room we had originally requested, they bumped us up to a bigger suite at the original cost of the smaller room we had requested. Everyone from the cleaning staff to the people at the front desk were very friendly and attentive. As we strolled into breakfast at the last minute, the young lady offered to bring out extra fruit for us and was extremely patient and kind despite the fact that breakfast had already ended. Nakisha, was especially helpful when I found that I had left behind a special pair of earrings. I was already out of state when I called the hotel and she took the time from her busy schedule to help locate them, and even offered to mail them to me. The manager, Allen was very accommodating as well. We will definitely be staying with them the next time we are in town. Thanks for making our first trip to DC such a pleasant experience!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Dear Vizz17,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Our guests stay is very important to us. We are delighted to know that you and your family had a wonderful experience with all of our staff, during your stay and after. We all put in that extra touch to let our guests know they are special to us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Sleep Well,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My Director who works out of State, always request this hotel. He loves this hotel and location when he's working here in Maryland. The manager Mr. Allen Davis is always helpful in securing him a room.

Thank you for the great customer service!

Dear TeelW,
We are glad to hear that the all of your stays with us have been positive ones. We definitely look forward to serving you again in the future and giving you, yet another, great experience! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

Milwaukee
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Everyone at this hotel was very pleasant and friendly. George and his team did a tremendous job with the food.......yum yum!!! The hotel was very very clean which is a MUST when I travel. If not I would not have stayed one day. I am happy to recommend this hotel to any who is traveling.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear JZMGG,
We are very delighted to see you had a great stay with us. Being clean is of utmost importance to us as well, and we are glad that you noticed the dedication our housekeeping staff has to ensure exactly that. We would also like to thank you on behalf of George, he in addition to our other staff, does a spectacular job during our evening social hours. Your satisfaction is very important to us, thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Tough to title this review. It is a nice, clean Residence Inn that I used due to our Corporate Contract. It is clean, and I found the front desk staff pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable with ample work space, free internet access, and a small kitchenette. When I have been onsite for several days, this a great benefit. Not much in the way of restaurants near by if you decide not to do their dinner; however, there is a Hilton Garden Inn next door with a restaurant and a TGIFridays down the street. I had been worn by co-workers to stay away from the TGIFridays; although, it was packed when I drove by it. After a full day of work and before getting caught up with e-mails, etc. I like a quiet meal while reading the paper(s). Through no fault of the Residence Inn they do provide a meal; however, I found the room noisy and I was not in the mood for hot dogs/hamburgers. Not their fault. It was there, available, and multiple people were enjoying the food. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful and what I consider typical for a hot breakfast at hotels. To cold to swim and not much else to do. Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear QuietmanTravels,
Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience with us. If your overall conclusion was a positive one than we have done our job. We are always looking to better ourselves, so if you have suggestions or even an issue during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact any of our staff. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Allen Davis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Best Western Plus College Park Hotel
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Residence Inn Greenbelt? Share your experiences!