“WONDERFUL HOTEL AND GREAT SERVICE”

Residence Inn Greenbelt
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Ladies Annual retreat and this hotel did not disappoint us. The Manager Chad Bright took excellent care of us at check-in and throughout our stay. He answered all of our questions and offered suggestions for a great time in the area. The rooms were clean and bright. The bed very confortable and the breakfast was very good. I will be back to another great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Lesley G,
It sounds like your whole group had a great time. I’m so pleased that Chad did everything he could to make your entire group’s stay more enjoyable. As I mentioned in a previous review response, Chad said that your entire group was great fun. We look forward to seeing you for the next retreat. Have a wonderful day.

Allen Davis

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here a few times now when I drive down to see the Washington Redskins play at Fedex field. Great amenities and great staff. The pool area is nice, but outdoors only so during the fall and winter, it's a no go. There's a Friday's nearby so it's very easy to pick up dinner.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Faisel A,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stays here. I am most pleased by the “great staff” comment. Our staff takes great pride in what they do, and I take great pride in them! They are the reason you had the experience that you had.
Hopefully the Redskins will do better this weekend in Dallas! How great would it be to have to come back for a playoff game? Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Annual retreat with the girlfriends, and this hotel did not disappoint! Manager Chad Bright took excellent care of us at check-in and throughout our stay, answering all of our questions and offering suggestions for a great experience in the area. The rooms were clean and bright, and the bed and pillows slept like a cloud! I would stay here again, and probably will, without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Michelle H,
We are so glad that you and your girlfriends chose to spend your retreat with us! I’m glad that Chad took great care of you, and pleased that you loved the bed. We hope to see you all back very soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at this property several days during the week of 23 September 2013. I found all the staff to be exceptional, and really enjoyed the evening refreshments and morning breakfasts. The Wednesday BBQ was really good.
I stayed in a 1BR/1Ba King-sized room, and found it to be exceptionally clean.
The decor of the property could be updated, but that's not the most important criterium in selecting an hotel. The major amenities I look for (cleanliness, serviceability, professional staff, etc.) are more than available at this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Cyndy789,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what a great experience you had with us. I love that you were very impressed with our staff. If there is one asset we have that no one else has- it is our staff. They all treat every guest as though they were guests in their own homes. I am so proud of them, and appreciate you telling everyone about them.
We can’t wait to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Every year, our book club get's together for an overnight girl's getaway. We opted to stay at the Marriott Residence Inn since we had limo service into Alexandria and thought this would be a good happy medium for a group of 10 women to meet. Chad Bright was the BEST manager to handle our needs in every way. Check in was smooth, he made sure every lady was comfortable and satisifed with their room. Rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. We had a terrible experience at one of our destinations for that weekend but when we returned to our room at the Residence Inn, all of that frustration went away. Def recommend this hotel, the price is righ, location is good, and customer service is an A+++

Dear SLR83,

Thank you so much for staying with us. Chad said it looked like you all had an amazing time together. He said that you were the nicest group! I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience with us, and we hope to see you and your book club members back soon for a reunion. I am especially pleased that we could give you such a great experience even after you had a not so great one elsewhere.

See you soon,

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Oh dear! This hotel didn't quite do it for me. I am sorry to post a negative review, especially about a Marriott property. Marriott brands tend to be my 1st choice because I am a dedicated reward member and timeshare owner. Besides, the majority of my experiences at Marriotts over the years have been very good to beyond excellent.

My family and I completed a 3-night stay in a 2 brm/2ba unit and we experienced a variety of problems. Upon arrival to our floor (floor 2), the hallway was filled with an odd odor. We figured it was someone's unique dinner concoction but it really permeated the hall for quite some time and even wafted into our room. My daughter and I weren't convinced that the odor ever quite went away. Thankfully we could open our windows to allow for some fresh air.

Soon after we got settled into the room, we learned that one of the toilets was quite finicky. Every 2 flushes nearly overflowed--not terribly comforting. I spoke with someone at the front desk the next morning and we were told that a maintenance person would work on it right away. In a quick sentence, we did not receive maintenance and I had to ask a 2nd time. In summary, we did not ever experience improvement with this toilet during our stay.

Now here is the worst part of our stay that I would not wish on any future guest at this property. One of the bedrooms had an ant outbreak. Sure, ants occasionally make their way indoors and it happens to everyone. But it's the way the problem was treated that was absolutely unacceptable. The ants made their way onto the top white bedspread. They were in other areas of the room too, but the bed was the worst. We asked the front desk representative to have the situation taken care while we were out for the day. When we returned late that evening, we saw that, yes, maintenance had come and sprayed the ants. They were dead. That's nice, except that they were dead all over the bedspread. The dead ants and the insecticide were on the bed. Was hotel staff expecting us to sleep with dead ants on a bedspread covered with insecticide? How could anyone in a respectable hotel business allow this to happen?? I sure hope it was a one-time example of miscommunication within the staff at this hotel. When discovering this mess, I tried calling down to the front desk and after multiple rings...no answer. It was after midnight when we arrived to the room and thankfully we could make some alternative sleeping arrangements.

The next morning I took a quick photo (shown in this review) and shared it with the housekeeping manager. He seemed upset with our situation as did the front desk staff. We were given some reward points as compensation for the problem and we were told twice that the general manager would be informed of this and he would be calling me to discuss our unfortunate experience. That was on August 26, 2013. I am writing this on Sept 14 and we have never received communication in any form. Is this poor management all the way around---poor running toilet to unacceptable ant clean up? I won't mention other minor issues we experienced along the way. Believe, they are minor compared to the items reported here.

Our family visits this area quite often, however, we will find other accommodations in the future. I will say that we have stayed next door at the Hilton Garden Inn and it is far superior in every way, especially if needing to be in the Greenbelt area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear delledge,
First and foremost I want to apologize profusely for the situation you and your family experienced while staying with us. I am embarrassed and disappointed to learn about this through Trip Advisor. I can not apologize enough, and I will be calling you shortly.

Allen Davis General Manager

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Great Hotel, complete with Kitchen and modern upgrades all around. Free dinner or Tapas on Monday thru Wednesday. Coffee, free wifi and business systems offered. Has a nice free breakfast and a barbecue once a week.

Room Tip: Very close to the Metro system for an easy ride to downtown DC