“Easy Accomodations with Toddler”

Residence Inn Greenbelt
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Easy Accomodations with Toddler”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here for two weeks, and it was comfortable and great with our toddler daughter. We had a one-bedroom, and the bedroom was en suite. So we were able to set up the hotel-provided pack-and-play in the living room area so she could sleep but we could stay up without disturbing her. There was ample room for playing/relaxing in the room, and it was pretty toddler friendly. The several-times-per-week free dinners were nice, and the included breakfasts were tasty if not the healthiest. The laundry facilities were a little run down, and on one floor there were no working dryers. But we were able to get our laundry done. The cleaning was very efficient, and I never felt like we were living in grungy conditions (like I've experienced at other long-term hotels where they only spot clean daily). They also aligned with our toddler-dictated schedule in that they'd usually have the room service complete by the time we returned for lunch and a nap. I'd certainly recommend this hotel or other Residence Inns to someone looking for a comfortable place to stay with a toddler or young child.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Silvermari,

We are so happy that you had a great time here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Greenbelt. I’m glad that you found the suite perfect for your daughter. I will pass along your wonderful comments to our housekeeping staff. They take great pride in their work, and I am glad that it showed.
I do apologize that the dryers were not working. I have a service tech coming in to look at them. I hope it was not too great of an inconvenience for you. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Allen Davis, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed there recently when traveling with my Men's Choir. Great accommodations and attentive staff. Very nice lobby area and outdoor fire pit looked great.

I was pleasantly surprised that the studio is a great size and is nicely appointed with full kitchen and spacious setting work areas. Great lighting and and outlet locations and strong complimentary Wi-Fi signal.

Thanks for working with our local contact to arrange a great block of rooms at a great price!!

We'll be back!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Bill M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay. I'm glad that you found everything you needed to make your stay wonderful. We very much enjoyed having you and your choir stay with us. Your local contact was an absolute pleasure to work with. We look forward to seeing you and your choir next year.

Warm regards, Allen Davis, GM
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is on the expensive side (relative to Rochester, NY) and great for the business traveler and may also be worth it for other travelers. Rooms are very well decorated. Everything works well (plumbing, fixtures, kitchen appliances, HVAC). Nothing is shabby or broken. Well lit with wireless and large desks with a light and power strip. Full hot breakfast served every morning and simple dinner served free Monday thru Wednesday. Plenty of parking, shuttle to Greenbelt metro station 2-3 miles away. The office will even buy groceries for you if you give them a list. Full size refrigerator, small dishwasher, microwave, stove and some rooms have an oven, garbage disposal, and basic utensils, dishes, glasses, pots, and silverware. Nice towels, sheets, and pillows. Lots of hot water. This is the second week that I have stayed here.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a big difference, but I like to stay on the ground floor when possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Your review makes us blush! Please take a minute to introduce yourself the next time you are in town.
Randallstown, Maryland
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Ladies Annual retreat and this hotel did not disappoint us. The Manager Chad Bright took excellent care of us at check-in and throughout our stay. He answered all of our questions and offered suggestions for a great time in the area. The rooms were clean and bright. The bed very confortable and the breakfast was very good. I will be back to another great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Lesley G,
It sounds like your whole group had a great time. I’m so pleased that Chad did everything he could to make your entire group’s stay more enjoyable. As I mentioned in a previous review response, Chad said that your entire group was great fun. We look forward to seeing you for the next retreat. Have a wonderful day.

Allen Davis
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here a few times now when I drive down to see the Washington Redskins play at Fedex field. Great amenities and great staff. The pool area is nice, but outdoors only so during the fall and winter, it's a no go. There's a Friday's nearby so it's very easy to pick up dinner.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Faisel A,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stays here. I am most pleased by the “great staff” comment. Our staff takes great pride in what they do, and I take great pride in them! They are the reason you had the experience that you had.
Hopefully the Redskins will do better this weekend in Dallas! How great would it be to have to come back for a playoff game? Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

Randallstown, United States
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Annual retreat with the girlfriends, and this hotel did not disappoint! Manager Chad Bright took excellent care of us at check-in and throughout our stay, answering all of our questions and offering suggestions for a great experience in the area. The rooms were clean and bright, and the bed and pillows slept like a cloud! I would stay here again, and probably will, without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Michelle H,
We are so glad that you and your girlfriends chose to spend your retreat with us! I’m glad that Chad took great care of you, and pleased that you loved the bed. We hope to see you all back very soon.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at this property several days during the week of 23 September 2013. I found all the staff to be exceptional, and really enjoyed the evening refreshments and morning breakfasts. The Wednesday BBQ was really good.
I stayed in a 1BR/1Ba King-sized room, and found it to be exceptionally clean.
The decor of the property could be updated, but that's not the most important criterium in selecting an hotel. The major amenities I look for (cleanliness, serviceability, professional staff, etc.) are more than available at this property.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Cyndy789,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what a great experience you had with us. I love that you were very impressed with our staff. If there is one asset we have that no one else has- it is our staff. They all treat every guest as though they were guests in their own homes. I am so proud of them, and appreciate you telling everyone about them.
We can’t wait to have you stay with us again.

Allen Davis, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Best Western Plus College Park Hotel
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Residence Inn Greenbelt? Share your experiences!