“Christmas sleep in was great”

Residence Inn Greenbelt
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Largo, Maryland
“Christmas sleep in was great”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I wanted to have a good night's rest before the Christmas festivities began since I am staying with family and it can become overcrowded. I asked for a 2 bedroom suite and it was very spacious. Well worth the $100.10 rate that it was going for. The room was very clean with a very comfortable king sized bed. It contained a large kitchen with a table area for dining. The front desk manager was very nice and mentioned the manager's reception. Also he mentioned that there would be a continental breakfast but there would be no managers reception christmas night so that the employees could enjoy the day with their families. There was a note in the room that mentioned that information as well. It was friday's wings night with wine, beer and soft drinks salad, cookies, fries and chicken fingers. I was surprised that they had a reception considering it was christmas eve. The food was hot and decent. Overall I enjoyed my stay and I would visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay over Christmas. I hope that this becomes a Holiday tradition for you!

See you again soon,

Allen Davis, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York City
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Fairly standard Residence Inn by Marriott. Location is pretty good as it's right off the BW Parkway and only minutes from DC. Nothing near the hotel in walking distance so you'll need to plan for that. Parking was adequate.

The hotel itself is awkwardly designed. A bit of a maze to get around and there's no way to get to the main desk without going outside. This was a pain because of the cold weather. But, the rooms are impeccably designed. My only complaint: the TVs were tiny at about 32 inches in both living and bedroom area. My iron didn't work and had trouble getting hot water the last day of my stay which was annoying.

Didn't get to sample the breakfast so can't comment. And I didn't see much of a business office. Service by staff was adequate but nothing exceptional. If you can swing it, stay at the Courtyard next door for much better service.

All in all, not bad at all for the price I paid.

• Stayed December 2013
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
We are happy that you stayed with us! I am so glad that you loved the layout of our suites. I apologize that your iron didn’t work, I hope that you let us know so that we could replace it. I am a bit disappointed that your service was adequate but not exceptional, as that is the one area that we focus the most on. Please give me a call at 301.982.1600 to chat more about your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the DC area.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Hotel was great! Everything was new and worked well. I had a suite and there was plenty of room! The only thing that needs improvement is the check in process. I checked in the front desk and brought my bags with me thinking I could ride my elevator put o my room but was told that I needed to get back into my car and ride all the way around the property then climb up a flight a stairs with heavy bags. Did not have a chance to check out the breakfast. Internet was very fast and was great asset due to some last minute business that needed to be taken care of.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear wmp35042,
I am glad that you loved our hotel. Our rooms were renovated last year, and our housekeeping staff takes great care of them so they still look new. I do apologize for your check in misunderstanding. There are two elevators located in the hotel, which would have made your trip to the second floor quite a bit easier. Our front desk should have pointed out where the elevators were on the propoerty map that you received. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards, Allen Davis, GM
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Was pleasantly surprised. Got room 411 which was nice & spacious (even had a nice fireplace). Room was clean, decent sized bathroom, free wifi, free continental breakfast. Nice kitchen area (stove, microwave, full fridge) and small dining area.
The check-in lady (Hazel) was pleasant and efficient. Had a 24 hour gym. TGIFridays was w/in sight (about a 5 minute walk). 5 minute drive to shopping center, grocery store, freeways.
Super convenient. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 411 (top floor) was nice & spacious.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear lacalif11,
I am delighted that you had a great experience here at our hotel. I will certainly pass along your kind words to Hazel. She's been with us for 12 years, and we are lucky to have her!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here for two weeks, and it was comfortable and great with our toddler daughter. We had a one-bedroom, and the bedroom was en suite. So we were able to set up the hotel-provided pack-and-play in the living room area so she could sleep but we could stay up without disturbing her. There was ample room for playing/relaxing in the room, and it was pretty toddler friendly. The several-times-per-week free dinners were nice, and the included breakfasts were tasty if not the healthiest. The laundry facilities were a little run down, and on one floor there were no working dryers. But we were able to get our laundry done. The cleaning was very efficient, and I never felt like we were living in grungy conditions (like I've experienced at other long-term hotels where they only spot clean daily). They also aligned with our toddler-dictated schedule in that they'd usually have the room service complete by the time we returned for lunch and a nap. I'd certainly recommend this hotel or other Residence Inns to someone looking for a comfortable place to stay with a toddler or young child.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Silvermari,

We are so happy that you had a great time here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Greenbelt. I’m glad that you found the suite perfect for your daughter. I will pass along your wonderful comments to our housekeeping staff. They take great pride in their work, and I am glad that it showed.
I do apologize that the dryers were not working. I have a service tech coming in to look at them. I hope it was not too great of an inconvenience for you. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed there recently when traveling with my Men's Choir. Great accommodations and attentive staff. Very nice lobby area and outdoor fire pit looked great.

I was pleasantly surprised that the studio is a great size and is nicely appointed with full kitchen and spacious setting work areas. Great lighting and and outlet locations and strong complimentary Wi-Fi signal.

Thanks for working with our local contact to arrange a great block of rooms at a great price!!

We'll be back!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Bill M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay. I'm glad that you found everything you needed to make your stay wonderful. We very much enjoyed having you and your choir stay with us. Your local contact was an absolute pleasure to work with. We look forward to seeing you and your choir next year.

Warm regards, Allen Davis, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
#4 of 5 in Greenbelt
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park

Been to Residence Inn Greenbelt? Share your experiences!