“A Happy Repeat Guest!”

Residence Inn Greenbelt
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Last August, my family and I stayed at the Greenbelt RI and had a negative experience. My August review detailed many of the reasons. After our stay, I received a kind call from the GM and was assured that the issues I was troubled with would never happen again.

I decided to stay at this property again in December and all aspects of my stay were excellent. The first thing I noticed was the instant smile on the face of the front desk attendant who checked me in. She was wonderful and welcoming. Check in was efficient. The 2-brm suite was spotless and everything worked. The public areas were also spotless and this was even with a school swim team occupying a number of the rooms, along with some wet weather.

One interesting piece of paperwork I was asked to sign upon check in was a "no party waiver." That may not be the exact title of the sheet, but that's the essence of it. When signing, I had to agree that I would not host loud and lively parties (past a particular hour, I think) AND I had to agree to call the front desk if I was subject to noisy neighbors enjoying a party of their own. Wow--I haven't ever had to sign anything like that before in any of my travels, but I can recall a handful of times in past years when I wish I had!

Some previous reviewers have mentioned that a car is needed if staying in the area. Yes, that is true, however there is a TGIF w/in walking distance, just in case! When having a car, several main arteries (highways) can be quickly accessed. I'd also estimate that it's no more than a 5-minute drive to most shopping and eatery options. University of Maryland (College Park) is about a 10-minute drive and The Catholic University of America is a 20-25 min. drive.

My entire stay was incredibly positive, everyone was incredibly friendly and I can easily say that I will stay again, if this location is optimal for my needs. I am really glad that I gave this hotel a second chance!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear cmonique78,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay over Christmas. I hope that this becomes a Holiday tradition for you!
See you again soon,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I wanted to have a good night's rest before the Christmas festivities began since I am staying with family and it can become overcrowded. I asked for a 2 bedroom suite and it was very spacious. Well worth the $100.10 rate that it was going for. The room was very clean with a very comfortable king sized bed. It contained a large kitchen with a table area for dining. The front desk manager was very nice and mentioned the manager's reception. Also he mentioned that there would be a continental breakfast but there would be no managers reception christmas night so that the employees could enjoy the day with their families. There was a note in the room that mentioned that information as well. It was friday's wings night with wine, beer and soft drinks salad, cookies, fries and chicken fingers. I was surprised that they had a reception considering it was christmas eve. The food was hot and decent. Overall I enjoyed my stay and I would visit again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

See you again soon,

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Fairly standard Residence Inn by Marriott. Location is pretty good as it's right off the BW Parkway and only minutes from DC. Nothing near the hotel in walking distance so you'll need to plan for that. Parking was adequate.

The hotel itself is awkwardly designed. A bit of a maze to get around and there's no way to get to the main desk without going outside. This was a pain because of the cold weather. But, the rooms are impeccably designed. My only complaint: the TVs were tiny at about 32 inches in both living and bedroom area. My iron didn't work and had trouble getting hot water the last day of my stay which was annoying.

Didn't get to sample the breakfast so can't comment. And I didn't see much of a business office. Service by staff was adequate but nothing exceptional. If you can swing it, stay at the Courtyard next door for much better service.

All in all, not bad at all for the price I paid.

• Stayed: December 2013
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

We are happy that you stayed with us! I am so glad that you loved the layout of our suites. I apologize that your iron didn’t work, I hope that you let us know so that we could replace it. I am a bit disappointed that your service was adequate but not exceptional, as that is the one area that we focus the most on. Please give me a call at 301.982.1600 to chat more about your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the DC area.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Hotel was great! Everything was new and worked well. I had a suite and there was plenty of room! The only thing that needs improvement is the check in process. I checked in the front desk and brought my bags with me thinking I could ride my elevator put o my room but was told that I needed to get back into my car and ride all the way around the property then climb up a flight a stairs with heavy bags. Did not have a chance to check out the breakfast. Internet was very fast and was great asset due to some last minute business that needed to be taken care of.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear wmp35042,
I am glad that you loved our hotel. Our rooms were renovated last year, and our housekeeping staff takes great care of them so they still look new. I do apologize for your check in misunderstanding. There are two elevators located in the hotel, which would have made your trip to the second floor quite a bit easier. Our front desk should have pointed out where the elevators were on the propoerty map that you received. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards, Allen Davis, GM

Reviewed 24 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Was pleasantly surprised. Got room 411 which was nice & spacious (even had a nice fireplace). Room was clean, decent sized bathroom, free wifi, free continental breakfast. Nice kitchen area (stove, microwave, full fridge) and small dining area.
The check-in lady (Hazel) was pleasant and efficient. Had a 24 hour gym. TGIFridays was w/in sight (about a 5 minute walk). 5 minute drive to shopping center, grocery store, freeways.
Super convenient. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 411 (top floor) was nice & spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear lacalif11,
I am delighted that you had a great experience here at our hotel. I will certainly pass along your kind words to Hazel. She's been with us for 12 years, and we are lucky to have her!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here for two weeks, and it was comfortable and great with our toddler daughter. We had a one-bedroom, and the bedroom was en suite. So we were able to set up the hotel-provided pack-and-play in the living room area so she could sleep but we could stay up without disturbing her. There was ample room for playing/relaxing in the room, and it was pretty toddler friendly. The several-times-per-week free dinners were nice, and the included breakfasts were tasty if not the healthiest. The laundry facilities were a little run down, and on one floor there were no working dryers. But we were able to get our laundry done. The cleaning was very efficient, and I never felt like we were living in grungy conditions (like I've experienced at other long-term hotels where they only spot clean daily). They also aligned with our toddler-dictated schedule in that they'd usually have the room service complete by the time we returned for lunch and a nap. I'd certainly recommend this hotel or other Residence Inns to someone looking for a comfortable place to stay with a toddler or young child.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Silvermari,

We are so happy that you had a great time here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Greenbelt. I’m glad that you found the suite perfect for your daughter. I will pass along your wonderful comments to our housekeeping staff. They take great pride in their work, and I am glad that it showed.
I do apologize that the dryers were not working. I have a service tech coming in to look at them. I hope it was not too great of an inconvenience for you. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Allen Davis, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Best Western Plus College Park Hotel
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Residence Inn Greenbelt? Share your experiences!