“Very Good Hotel”

Residence Inn Greenbelt
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I visited DC and Baltimore and we spent two nights at the Residence Inn Greenbelt. We arrived at Hotel at night and the check-in was done very quickly. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. Two TV sets were in the room, one in the bedroom and one in the living room/kitchen. There was plenty of space and a nice desk too.
The shower was really clean and spacious. The breakfast was about average, but the food was freshly prepared and several choices. The breakfast is always the same everyday. I would recommend this hotel, if you are visiting to DC or Baltimore.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Very Good Hotel;

Thank you for the kind words, everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This was the second stay that we had in this location, fist stay was great this stay was the stay from Hell!!! We had booked a two room suite with 2 queens and one king. When we arrived two our room there had a two bedroom suite with one full and King which did not accommodate our party. We asked to be switched the told us they were full they were Unapologetic and Rude
when asked for names and corprate number we were told I don't know. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS LOCATION TO MY WORST ENEMY. I've never had this issue with a Marriott. I am extremely disappointed and may think twice about staying in a Resadence Inn again

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank ouran
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

I am very sorry that we did not have the room that you requested, and I am also very sorry that our front desk agent did not treat you with courtesy and respect. I would love to speak with you further on this. Please call me at your conveinience.
Warm regards,
Allen Davis, GM

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at this property while visiting University of Maryland. It was only a few miles away, and easily accessible from major highways. The property was very clean and the staff was friendly. We had a 1 bedroom with a king and a sofa bed for 3 of us. The sofa bed mattress was very thin and extremely uncomfortable. Our teenager opted to just put the bedding on top of the large sofa, which she said was fine. Also, the bedding they provide for the sofa bed could use an upgrade. The sheets and blanket were fine, but the pillow provided was the thinnest pillow i have ever seen. Fortunately, the king bed had 4 pillows so we were fine.

Breakfast was good, something for everyone. We would stay there again if we are in town.

Room Tip: Our room was in a different building that we had to go outside to get to. The walkway between the ma...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The breakfast was okay. Some staff was snobby. The heat in my room did not work well and it was snowing outside, I couldn't change rooms it till the following day,. Miss hazel was very nice. But This wasn't the Best Marriott experience i had, it was the worst. but I got over it.

• Stayed: February 2014
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with me about your most recent stay.

You indicated in your response that our customer service and maintenance and upkeep was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This hotel was recommended for me by someone who lives in the area and it did not disappoint! You know those little rooms in IKEA where you'd want to live? This was like that. It was a dream room - - very beautifully decorated, efficient and very, very clean. The hot breakfast provided every morning is the best I've ever eaten and includes two waffle machines so you can make your own (batter provided, of course). The shower was the best I've ever had in a hotel and included a bowed shower curtain rod for lots of room. The little kitchen had a full-size fridge with ice-maker, a dishwasher and full-size coffee pot, along with a full-size conversion-microwave. The staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They provide a van for local drop-offs and pick ups and the drivers were so helpful and friendly. They also have a 24-hour mini-gym. But the most fun I had all week was actually interacting with the awesome manager, Allen Davis - - he was such a hoot and asked for honest feedback in order to keep his hotel one of the best. I don't usually write reviews, and 5 stars has to be earned from me, so take that for what you will. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

For the past several years that my daughter has been a student at U of Md we've stayed at Marriott on Ivy Lane and loved it. Still do! But happened upon this Marriott when our other was fully booked. Rooms have great living space for small family gatherings to hang out. Efficiency kitchen is very convenient! Clean good service!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

A couple friends and I decided to get the 2 bedroom larger suite the night of the Super Bowl (broncos/seahawks). Upon arrival we were literally in and out. The woman that was in the front desk was very friendly and worked at a fast paced.

When we got to the suite I was pretty impressed. The suite was beyond spacious. When you walk in there is a full kitchen, a table that sits four, and a living area with a couch and a HDTV. One of the rooms has two beds, a bathroom changing area, and a bathroom. The other room has the same thing accept it only has one bed. Both rooms have HDTVs.

We were able to view the game comfortably. Everyone loved the suite. The only thing I can make a slight complaint is the size of the trash cans in the suites. I had to run out and borrow two big trash bags from a friend to try to put some of our trash away so the housekeeper didn't have to put too much work in. You guys should consider getting bigger trash cans lol. Oh and the last thing is there were no ice machines/vending machines on our floor. Other than that, this hotel is beyond perfect.

In the morning, we got our complementary breakfast. I'm honestly not to fond about hotel breakfast buffets but the Residence Inn had changed my view on that. Great breakfast! Thank you guys for not letting my friends and I down.

Overall, I would definitely come back without a doubt in my mind. I've stayed at many hotels before, but this was definitely a one of a kind experience. Thank you to all the staff ! :)

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Jessica J
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Jessica,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am so pleased that you had a five star time! I will certainly pass along your praise to our staff. I hope your team won the Super Bowl!
Hopefully, we will see you and your firends back for next year's big game.
Warm regards,
Allen Davis, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Residence Inn Greenbelt? Share your experiences!