“Short Stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
ANTIOCH
“Short Stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Good, Clean and close to the University of Maryland. The Residence Inn Greenbelt gave good customer service and a nice hot breakfast with scrambled eggs and sausage and a wide variety of items that changed the next day and shuttle service during the week.I was able to get a outstanding rate through Priceline.My wife and I had a studio suite that was equipped with everything you would have in a Apt ie appliances, dishes, toaster etc. and a comfortable king size bed and its close to my family. I'm from the area and visit frequently, this will become my go to place to stay when I'm in the area, nice job to the management and staff of Residence Inn Greenbelt .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JEFFREY G
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Short Stay,

Thank you for making us your new “Home away from home”. We are so delighted! We look forward to your return.

Many Thanks!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Connecticut
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights, in a suite with a king bed, a sofabed in the separate living room, and a kitchen. It was clean throughout, the king bed was very comfortable, and the air conditioner worked well. No problem with check-in or check-out. The Sport Court was a nice feature. It's about a 20 minute drive to the Washington Convention Center (on the weekend - about 40 minutes on a weekday morning) and about 5 minutes from a Catholic Church.

My only complaint is that the supplies were not well-stocked. The room is supposed to accommodate 4 people. But there were only 3 bath towels, and the Front Desk could not provide more; they said Housekeeping would need to deliver them to us later. Likewise, we ran out of toilet paper, and there was no spare roll. No-one was at the Front Desk to provide more, so my husband took a roll from their public bathroom. We also ran out of tissues and paper towels - again, there was no spare box or roll in the room. I know Housekeeping would replenish these items when they clean the room, but it would be helpful to have a spare in the room in case you run out in the evening.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Chose to stay at this hotel because of reviews from people like me and it was near the area I needed to be close to.

Stayed here for 4 nights.. during Christmas week.

Check in was not so great!.. The reason is because I arrived early after a very long car ride about 1:30pm. They told me that I could not check in until 3pm. So I sat for awhile to relax, then decided to run to the store, which was about 10 mins away. Came back and sat down and was never told that I could check in. I went back to the desk at 3pm and they had already started checking people in that came in after me.

PROS: They offer breakfast and dinner during the week and even though it was Christmas, they still had staff covering everything. Breakfast and dinner where okay.
Rooms where clean and relaxing. The rate we received for a holiday week was the BEST!!
Grounds where clean, you saw the hotel stay constantly cleaning..

CONS: Nothing bad to say, other than the long wait to check in.

Applebee's across the street and a mall with a grocery store about 10mins away

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I visited DC and Baltimore and we spent two nights at the Residence Inn Greenbelt. We arrived at Hotel at night and the check-in was done very quickly. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. Two TV sets were in the room, one in the bedroom and one in the living room/kitchen. There was plenty of space and a nice desk too.
The shower was really clean and spacious. The breakfast was about average, but the food was freshly prepared and several choices. The breakfast is always the same everyday. I would recommend this hotel, if you are visiting to DC or Baltimore.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Very Good Hotel;

Thank you for the kind words, everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This was the second stay that we had in this location, fist stay was great this stay was the stay from Hell!!! We had booked a two room suite with 2 queens and one king. When we arrived two our room there had a two bedroom suite with one full and King which did not accommodate our party. We asked to be switched the told us they were full they were Unapologetic and Rude
when asked for names and corprate number we were told I don't know. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS LOCATION TO MY WORST ENEMY. I've never had this issue with a Marriott. I am extremely disappointed and may think twice about staying in a Resadence Inn again

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank ouran
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I am very sorry that we did not have the room that you requested, and I am also very sorry that our front desk agent did not treat you with courtesy and respect. I would love to speak with you further on this. Please call me at your conveinience.
Warm regards,
Allen Davis, GM
Chester Springs, PA
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at this property while visiting University of Maryland. It was only a few miles away, and easily accessible from major highways. The property was very clean and the staff was friendly. We had a 1 bedroom with a king and a sofa bed for 3 of us. The sofa bed mattress was very thin and extremely uncomfortable. Our teenager opted to just put the bedding on top of the large sofa, which she said was fine. Also, the bedding they provide for the sofa bed could use an upgrade. The sheets and blanket were fine, but the pillow provided was the thinnest pillow i have ever seen. Fortunately, the king bed had 4 pillows so we were fine.

Breakfast was good, something for everyone. We would stay there again if we are in town.

Room Tip: Our room was in a different building that we had to go outside to get to. The walkway between the ma...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The breakfast was okay. Some staff was snobby. The heat in my room did not work well and it was snowing outside, I couldn't change rooms it till the following day,. Miss hazel was very nice. But This wasn't the Best Marriott experience i had, it was the worst. but I got over it.

• Stayed February 2014
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with me about your most recent stay.

You indicated in your response that our customer service and maintenance and upkeep was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Best Western Plus College Park Hotel
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Residence Inn Greenbelt? Share your experiences!