“Nicest Thai place in the area”
Review of Chef's Secret - CLOSED

Chef's Secret
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Dont judge by its outside appearance. Inside is very nice. Service is v good and pretty fast. Food is overall very good. The shrimp sometimes smells too "fishy" for me. Anything in their basil sauce is Yummy! They are a bit expensive for thai food though.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

The place is not what I expected. Kinda of a hole in a wall but good food. I got drunken noodles and it had a nice kick. My friend got duck and it was better, a little crispy as it was a little fried then sautéed in the basil sauce. Yummy, go w/ the duck! Skip the Thai mussels, chewy and served Rockefeller style, not what I was expecting. I also had a strong but perfect Mai-Thai. Nothing fancy but good food. Would definitely go back if I am in the area!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Do not judge by street view. This is a wonderful place which has a pleasant dining room and attentive staff. I have both gluten and dairy sensitivities and they have been able to help me find things I can eat, the menu is varied and I have enjoyed every thing I have ordered. The restaurant fills up on the weekends some times during the week, but we have never had to wait long to be seated. I have had a great experience there on date nights, and with family and friends.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

You would not know from the name but this restaurant is a Thai restaurant. I had the roast duck appetizer that I thought would be several small spring rolls, but it came as what appeared to be a large burrito with much chopped lettuce and a little duck. My main course was the Sole Meunèire, which is one of my favorites. This version left me a bit uninspired and I usually prefer with out the capers, I cannot remember if the menu mentioned that the sauce contained capers. I also had the bread pudding for dessert with the Chef's secret rum sauce, which I would highly recommend and this recommendation is coming from someone who doe not like bread pudding, but this dish was a delight.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Worst Thai I've ever had.

I wanted to order take out. I called twelve times and each time the line was busy. I decided to drive there and order out because I was craving Thai. I get there and they're telling me they aren't doing take out that night... for one entree. I talk them into it, and then see they blatantly aren't answering their phone. It was absurd. So I wait for my drunken noodles with beef.

I finally get them and leave. When I arrive home, I begin to eat. This was the worst Thai food i have ever had. the beef was dry and tough, the noodle soupy (when there actually were noodles) and it was completely under-spiced. It wasn't hot in the least bit. This place has is overpriced, crappy Thai food.

The ambiance is really nice, but the food is way below par.

1  Thank Jane A