“One of the Best”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I travel almost weekly for work. This Garden Inn is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the food is good. I would recommend this hotel to my family, friends, and coworkers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We regularly stay at this hotel as it is close to family and normally it is ok. But this visit was a real disaster!

The room itself was fine, but it was all the little stuff that went wrong. The internet was down for 3 of our 5 days of stay. Got mostly excuses from the front desk-- although they did offer to let us use the front desk computer if it was really important.

The pool area was clean but the jacuzzi pool was disgusting! No one was obviously checking the ph of the water as the top was very frothy and scummy for our entire visit--gross!!!

The second night we were there, we came back to the hotel at 8pm and there was no parking left in both lots. None! There was a meeting of some sort in the large rooms and the participants took all the parking and management had not thought to reserve any for the people staying at the hotel.. When we complained the front desk suggested parking on the street - which was dark and a bit of a hike from the hotel --and coming down later to move the car. Eventually, after my husband complained , the front desk management followed a person leaving the meeting out to the parking lot, held the spot, and called us so we could move the car before 10pm.

Then there was the fire alarm going off at 9:30pm. My guess it was smoke from the hotel restaurant cooking....
All of these matters could have been avoided with proper attention and supervision from management.
It is obvious that no one is taking care of the day to day details of the settings for the rooms. Don't they have any pride of place? I did not ask for money back from the stay as the rooms were clean and nice as usual, but I sure wouldn't give this more than an average recommendation at this point--- and this is very disappointing to me as it could be so great.

Room Tip: The hotel is off the main road so no sound or light problems. All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrookTMSU
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel is clean, comfortable, quiet and a good choice for families. We have stayed twice now due to having friends in the area. There were two youth groups there when we stayed and someone set off the fire alarm late in the evening. The issue was solved within about 10-15 minutes and we did not have to exit the hotel. Due to the youth groups they did put us on a higher floor and we did not hear noise from within our room. Breakfast is a bit expensive, but the food was good when my in-laws had a sandwich the evening prior. Beware the pool is only open evenings on weekdays and not until 12:30 on Saturday and Sunday (maybe earlier on Saturday).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Excellent hotel and excellent value! Good location between DC and Annapolis and easy access with major roads. Very comfortable rooms - clean and neat. Nice breakfast but it was not included in the price but it was a buffet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great staff and facilities. Right across from the park. They have a shuttle that can run you to the DC metro about 2 miles away. Decent breakfast and close to some fair restaurants. If you HAVE to stay in greenbelt, this is the place to stay. Love the keurig machines in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2013

will stay again, host was excellent.room was neat and clean,bedding could have been better.super check in & out great. wonderful area close to just about everything that you would like do. when in the area please visit this hotel in greenbelt md.you will love it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

First of all, my sincere thanks and appreciation to the most awesome, friendly but professional Hotel Manager I've ever met, Mr. David Kasprzyk. He made our stay unforgettable. I also want to recognize the front desk staff that stood out with their excellent customer service and warmth making you feel at home; O.V., Rosie and Zamora. Somehow I didn't write down the names of the others but all were very, very professional. Michelle was super friendly as she shared a great conversation with me. My husband only had to work 1/2 day and Chef Willie was so friendly, outstanding, and so willingly made my husband an omelette an hour and a half after the restaurant was closed while they were still cleaning up the place. Africa was also wonderful when I asked her the second morning if they had some whipped cream and blueberries like the day before. She went in the back and found a few and brought me a bowl and the whipped cream. Made my day! :) The lifeguard Nina, was so friendly and warm as well. Every one of the Hotel Van drivers who drove us to the Metro were also outstanding and friendly. The rooms were nice and large and kept very clean too. We also noticed how quiet the rooms were compared to other Hotels. My only complaint is that the pool doesn't open until 5 pm so I couldn't do my aqua exercise while my husband was at work, but it worked out fine because we did it in the evenings then sat in the wonderful hot tub. Also this place has great easy access to the freeways. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Our room was facing the front of the Hotel which I preferred. I liked to sit in the chair and read y...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
DavidKasprzyk, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thanks for the great review. It was great hearing from you. Literally, everyone in the hotel enjoyed you and your husband. We had a lot of fun with you two. With us being so close to NASA we hope to see you both again in the near future. Thanks again! David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Residence Inn Greenbelt
Residence Inn Greenbelt
#3 of 5 in Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!