“Great Location-Fun Stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Washington, NC, United States
“Great Location-Fun Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I were in the area attending the Redskins game. We selected this location and very much glad we did. Staff very helpful. Location-wonderful. We were very pleased on how we were treated. I highly recommend you consider staying here if you are planning a trip in this area! You will not go wrong.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank F Mac H
Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! And we are very pleased to learn about your satisfaction with your stay and service provided by our Hilton Garden Inn staff, Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.
Ahmad Erbinieh
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel and location are perfect for UMD families. The breakfast is great for the price and Afrika rules. Joe the manager is the consummate professional. There was an error in billing and he quickly rectified the situation. Lakia and Ray were diligent about getting the info to Joe for final resolution. Lesson is to always check cc statements because errors do occur. Overall, great experience and will always stay when in the area.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking time out to write about your recent stay with us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are committed to provide top service; we are pleased that you like our hotel. Please come back soon and see us.
Ahmad Erbinieh,
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I gave this hotel a 5/5 rating because based on what you pay per night (low cost really), I think they fully meet the expectations for this level of hotel. It was clean, quiet, the staff were very attentive to guests. There was a help-yourself style breakfast that was $10.95- very fair for what was available, hot and cold foods, plus fruit, etc., juices and coffee/tea included. I was staying here for 5 nights for business and used their complimentary shuttle each day to go to the U of Maryland- this was very convenient! I really enjoyed the shuttle that was provided, this just made everything so much easier in terms of getting around in the local area. I used the front desk staff often to get the shuttle, etc,. and always found them pleasant and trying hard to meet your needs. The rooms were cozy with a large flatscreen t.v. and desk, plus mini-fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee machine.
I would recommend this hotel. No problems at all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank J_travelB
Jarrettsville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

My stay was enjoyable and all problems were fixed to my satisfaction. My first room had no heat working and I had to be mov ed to another room, When I got to 2nd room my bedside phone did not work. The front desk guy came up to my room and adjusted the temp of my new room (which was sweltering) and changed phones to one that worked. He even brought mr bottles of water and ice. To compensate for all of this I got one night free, 4 complimentary bkfts. and 2 dinners. I was very happy with how Hilton handled my problems.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Bloomfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Really enjoyed our check- in with Rosie, she was professional, polite and answered all of my husband's questions with ease.

The room was comfortable and clean, the Internet worked, and we got a good nights rest. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Denton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I travel almost weekly for work. This Garden Inn is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the food is good. I would recommend this hotel to my family, friends, and coworkers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

East Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We regularly stay at this hotel as it is close to family and normally it is ok. But this visit was a real disaster!

The room itself was fine, but it was all the little stuff that went wrong. The internet was down for 3 of our 5 days of stay. Got mostly excuses from the front desk-- although they did offer to let us use the front desk computer if it was really important.

The pool area was clean but the jacuzzi pool was disgusting! No one was obviously checking the ph of the water as the top was very frothy and scummy for our entire visit--gross!!!

The second night we were there, we came back to the hotel at 8pm and there was no parking left in both lots. None! There was a meeting of some sort in the large rooms and the participants took all the parking and management had not thought to reserve any for the people staying at the hotel.. When we complained the front desk suggested parking on the street - which was dark and a bit of a hike from the hotel --and coming down later to move the car. Eventually, after my husband complained , the front desk management followed a person leaving the meeting out to the parking lot, held the spot, and called us so we could move the car before 10pm.

Then there was the fire alarm going off at 9:30pm. My guess it was smoke from the hotel restaurant cooking....
All of these matters could have been avoided with proper attention and supervision from management.
It is obvious that no one is taking care of the day to day details of the settings for the rooms. Don't they have any pride of place? I did not ask for money back from the stay as the rooms were clean and nice as usual, but I sure wouldn't give this more than an average recommendation at this point--- and this is very disappointing to me as it could be so great.

Room Tip: The hotel is off the main road so no sound or light problems. All rooms are good.