“Not a great Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I’ve stayed at many Hilton Garden Inns, and this one is not among the best. The hotel is clean, the high speed internet works well, and the room is equipped with most of the standard HGI amenities, but there were numerous annoying aspects to my stay that would cause me to choose another hotel for my next visit to the area.

Among the problems and annoyances: a heater/air conditioner with a fan that could not be set to stay on, so it loudly cycled on and off all night long; a cheap replacement shower head that allowed barely enough flow to rinse shampoo from my hair (as opposed to the great standard HGI shower head); only one regular coffee K-cup for the new Keurig system in the room (but curiously, two decafs and two teas); a bed best described as a “taco bed” with uncomfortable deep valleys on both sides, even with the adjustable bed set on the firm setting; and a clock radio that was more than three hours off, but could not be reset by the guest. The Business Center computers had pop-ups blocked, so I could not print my boarding pass.

The staff are friendly, and the standard HGI breakfast is well-delivered.

Stay here if you must; consider other options if possible, until management tends to the finer details.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write and share about your experience with us. I will make sure to share your comment with my team and use it to help us improve the guest experience.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Clean, professional, and reasonably priced. I appreciated that the desk clerks wear uniforms as that seems much classier than the second hotel on our route, where they wore T-shirts with questionable logos. I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Greenbelt, MD

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your positive review. You can always count on us! .We look forward to seeing you again.
Ahmad Erbinieh General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This month I found myself having to work in College Park, Md so I chose this Hotel because it was just minutes from the business location. Let me just say that Greenbelt Drive as well as all the other parkways and highways around here seem to be extremely congested due to the fact that this location is between Baltimore and Washington DC. But if you are looking into this location you probably already knew that. Walker Drive is part of a business park and there are a few other hotel choices on the same circle just fyi. Ok, I checked in and was greeted at the front desk and told I had a room reserved on the 1st floor (I said 1st floor huh, ok). The room was the typical single room with the king size bed but wow was it noisy all through the night. People conversing loudly in the hallway, doors slamming. I should of changed rooms that night but I decided to wait until morning. Before breakfast at the IHOP down the street I went to the HGI front desk and spoke to the very pleasant woman who explained that my room was reserved on the 1st floor because that was the preference that I had chosen on my Hilton Honors program. I explained that I must of filled something out incorrectly or there must of been some sort of error because I wouldn't of picked the 1st floor at any hotel. Anyways, I was upgraded at no extra charge to a 6th floor suite which was huge!! Much quieter for some much needed sleep, if you have read my other reviews you would have noticed a trend or a pattern here...stay on the higher floors if you can!!! Overall, it was a very nice stay but a suggestion to the manager would be to take a closer look at the carpeting for tares and bathroom tiles for cleanliness because it is noticable. One of the bathroom sinks was actually tilting on one side, appeared as if the building adhesive gave way at some point in the past. I could only imagine how difficult it is to keep up with all the issues that a hotel must.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank OGnouseforaname

Thank you for your feedback! And we are very pleased to learn about your satisfaction with your stay and service provided by our wonderful staff. Im glad that we were able to rectify the situation and upgrade your reservation to one of our comfy large suites Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.
Sincerely, Ahmad Erbinieh General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Greenbelt. The parking was great, the lobby was furnished nicely and the rooms were spacious. The room was clean. Oh, and the bed.. it was SO comfortable!! The staff was welcoming, always smiled and greeted me. I will definitely stay here if ever in the area, again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rhonda Y
Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write and share about your experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and hotel. I will make sure to share your comment with my team.
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/ Greenbelt

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great value in this area. Picking hotels around DC can be difficult but this hotel was clean and safe. It was close to dining with Friday's being a very short walk. It was also right off the highway so getting in and out of the area was great. Not too far away from the Baltimore Airport and is a great option if visiting the area on business or leisure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary G

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Had never visited this hotel. We do a lot of traveling and this hotel was a gem. The staff were extremely accommodating to everyone in my group. Great to know people want to go above and beyond! The food and service were beyond our expectations.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan S

Thank you so much for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt. I appreciate your wonderful comments and sharing your experience as well. We are all committed to provide hospitable service and I am glad you experienced this during your stay here.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very comfortable hotel in the vicinity of University of Maryland. Room was clean, nice size and bed was comfortable. Very nice lobby with complimentary coffee and cookies available all the time. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lovevacation66

You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. We look forward to seeing you again.
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Residence Inn Greenbelt
Residence Inn Greenbelt
#2 of 5 in Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!