“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Raleigh, United States
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel has lots of helpful and friendly staff. It is in a great location and the bar staff is wonderful. when I checked in they made sure I had everything I needed for my stay. We spent a total of three days there so we took full advantage of the pool and hot tubs. The rooms were clean and fairly quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
We appreciate your positive comments! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I cannot say enough about the helpfulnes and friendliness of the staff at this hotel - in every aspect! My daughter had a major surgery in a nearby hospital and spent the first week post surgery at this hotel with me. I was there for a total of 10 days. Highly recommend it !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.
San Diego, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Still looking for other hotels. Hotel was clean and pleasant except for the poor nights sleep. Air Conditioner cycled loudly on and off, and fan only was lowest setting and unable to change. Bed needed pillows stuffed under the mattress.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, we do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the room heat unit that is usually caused by extreme weather conditions. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.
Niotaze
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Clean and very quiet. Off the main interstates and roads that you hear almost no traffic noise..Food was good and the staff very helpful. Hotel was also conveniently located next to both interstates 95 and 295 and close to services.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Ahmad Erbinieh General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt
Metuchen, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Great place to stay when visiting your college students at University of Maryland. Very convenient, clean and helpful staff. Breakfast was very good. Lobby very nice and had coffee and tea available for your convenience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We appreciate your wounderful comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am very happy to learn that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. The room was very pleasing; internet access was ok; staff were great; however, the food station could be improved upon a bit. I would visit this location again in the future overall.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and we apreciate your positive comments. We always like hearing from our guests, especially about areas where we can do better. We are improving our breakfast buffet to accomodate all travelers needs. please come back and see us agian!
Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

My experience at this hotel was excellent until 10 AM, the day of check out. By excellent, I meant great service, good dinner, decent pool, etc. But on the day of check out, I got a knock on my door (even though I had a do-not-disturb sign up). The maid asked us when we were checking out. I explained that we had a late check out and that she should return at 2 PM. (My husband is a member of AARP; we got the AARP rate plus a late check out at 2 PM. We needed the late check out b/c our daughter's gymnastics meet didn't start until 3 PM and we wanted a place to hang out for a while. I chose the hotel for this feature.) At 11-ish, another knock on the door - this time it was a woman with a clipboard. I explained that we had a late checkout and that she should return at 2 PM. About 11:30 or so, we get a call from the front desk asking us when we were checking out. We explained that we had a late check out that comes with the AARP rate. I asked whether there was a problem and she said, "No. We just want to make sure that you are not disturbed again." At 12 noon, the front desk clerk said, "The manager, Mr. [--], said that you can stay until 2 PM but that you will be charged an extra half day." BTW, that would be about $55 for an extra three hours that was already promised to me. After complaining for a few minutes, I agreed just to leave so that I would not be charged.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Ahmad Erbinieh General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Greenbelt Marriott
#4 of 5 in Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area
BEST WESTERN PLUS College Park Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!