“Service not what you expect from a Hilton”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Puxico, United States
“Service not what you expect from a Hilton”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived before noon with our group of 18 guests - we were told we could not check in yet but were allowed to leave our bags by the check in desk in the lobby while we did some sightseeing in Wash DC. We were told by the front desk we would have to check in after 3 pm. we arrived back to the hotel around 6 pm and were told our rooms were not ready yet --REALLY??? our group of 18 - mostly teenagers, had to wait in the lobby for over an hour while they finished cleaning our rooms. This is the 2nd time i have stayed at this location and had a bad experince with customer service - this is definately not the service you expect from a Hilton family hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am very very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn greenbelt we strive to provide all of our guests with a rewarding stay. I have addressed these issues with my team so that no future guests have that same experience. Again thank you for your comment and we hope that you will give us another try!
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
Sterling, Virginia, USA
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel location is great, close to the highway and to all important places in Greenbelt (NASA, mall, etc...) and still, the hotel is a calm and quiet refuge from its vibrant surroundings. The decor is excellent, the rooms are big enough to accommodate a family of 4. The hotel is very clean too. It's a place to recommend. Kudos to the management for the afternoon drinks in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ahanoubon
We appreciate your wonderful comments and great recommendation! I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team
Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel continues to make improvements to make the customer feel at home. The lobby is inviting and the hotel staff makes your stay a welcomed experience. The breakfast staff always has a smile on their face and numerous customers enjoy their return stays because of them.

1 Thank Ted H
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting us again and sharing some feedback with us. At the Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt, MD, our team is passionately dedicated to providing our guests with great service experience. looking forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our hotel stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was great. We were impressed with the rooms, and the property in general. The Hilton product, here at least, is great and the room rate was fair. We would stay here again and would refer our friends to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Givens132
Thank you for taking the time to write and share about your experience with us. I will make sure to share your comment with my team. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn and hope to see you soon!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at this property because it was close to a business meeting and gets good reviews. As other have mentioned, the property is clean and well maintained. My room was comfortable; however, as I went to bed to watch a little TV, I found that it had only sound.....no picture. I tried to call the front desk but there was no answer. It was between 9:30 and 10:00. Given that I really didn't want to change rooms, I gave up.

Breakfast was included (Hhonors diamond), which is one reason I stay at Hilton Garden properties. The breakfast at this hotel was lacking. All of the hot buffet items (bacon, sausage, potatoes) were cold. It appeared that large amounts were cooked early and left to sit. The bacon had obviously been frozen as it tasted stale and freezer burn was noted on one piece. Other than being directed to a seat, I was never contacted by a server. I should note that made to order items were available but I did not have time for those options.

This is nice property but management really needs to work on some of their service areas.

2 Thank hbhakh
Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay. After reviewing your comments, I was deeply concerned and would like to extend my personal apologies. At the Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt We certainly do strive to provide our guests with an exceptional stay experience and I hoped that I had the opportunity to discuss this matter in detail with you while you were in the hotel and we would’ve made sure to resolve any issues you had. I have enclosed my contact information to further discuss this issue and I look forward to resolving all your concerns to your satisfaction. I hope that you can give us another try!
phone: 301-474-7400
Ahmad.erbinieh@hilton.com
Jonesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I absolutely loved staying here because of the cleanliness. It was beyond words. The smell of the Inn was lovely. No steal, mildew or smoke smell just clean, clean, clean. The staff was awesome and very accommodating. They welcomed me just as if I was family. The next morning I was greeted with "good morning, it is so good to see you again". I left my blanket and they were very good about letting me know and holding it for me.
I must say that the decor when you walk in is beautiful. The restaurant is very nice looking as well. I however did not partake because I thought that the food was a bit pricey. No, I'm not whining but I was not prepared for that. The one thing though that I hated and didn't pay attention to is the fact that they did not have complimentary breakfast nor a continental one for that matter. They had a breakfast buffet I was told but the cost was $10.00 and some change can't remember the exact amount.
I just want to thank Trip Advisor and all of you for your reviews because it has helped me stay at some great places and thank you to the Hilton Garden Inn for a wonderfully clean and great stay.
I stayed there 6/6/14 and 6/7/14.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor in the very back and it was very, very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mrsinformed
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your most recent stay. Thank you in particular for recognizing our staff and our clean beautiful rooms. We are truly blessed to have some of the most passionate, service-focused team members in this industry. I wish you were able to try our breakfast buffet offerings. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future and we can provide you with another great experience. As always, if there is any additional assistance we can provide to you either now or in the future, we are at your service!
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for business countless times over the years - no kidding. This hotel is clean, comfortable, the accommodations are excellent, the breakfast and dining area are outstanding, and the staff/service are absolutely top notch. Aside from the overall experience, just the friendliness, helpfulness and overall positive vibe from the staff would alone keep me coming back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy The Hilton Garden Inn during your visit to Greenbelt and found our service to be warm and friendly. We certainly do strive to provide our guests with an exceptional stay experience and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our property!
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Greenbelt Marriott
Greenbelt Marriott
#4 of 5 in Greenbelt
Best Western Plus College Park Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!