“Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Everyone was very nice and helpful. TGIFriday's right across the street. Room was very clean, bed comfortable (King beds can be adjusted to desired firmness). The complimentary wi-fi worked very well, I could even stream movies from Netflix. The front desk called in the early evening to check on my room, and then came up with a complimentary cheese plate. They also give you two bottles of water and a coupon to choose a snack from their onsite store. At check-in I was told there was a $7 AAA discount, at check-out, I was charged full price on bill left under door. The lady at reception quickly fixed for me. I would definitely stay there again when in the DC/College Park area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for the five stars! Your review has certainly made us smile! It’s always wonderful to hear how a guest appreciates the attentive service our staff provides. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon to The Hilton Garden Inn. Thank you for your review and recommendation!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Recently stayed in this hotel and found the staff to be very professional and helpful! The rooms met all my expectations of Hilton Group of Hilton Gardens Hotels and I recommend it convenient to both Baltimore and DC area!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us on your last visit to the Washington DC area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. we are glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel and the service provided by our team. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived before noon with our group of 18 guests - we were told we could not check in yet but were allowed to leave our bags by the check in desk in the lobby while we did some sightseeing in Wash DC. We were told by the front desk we would have to check in after 3 pm. we arrived back to the hotel around 6 pm and were told our rooms were not ready yet --REALLY??? our group of 18 - mostly teenagers, had to wait in the lobby for over an hour while they finished cleaning our rooms. This is the 2nd time i have stayed at this location and had a bad experince with customer service - this is definately not the service you expect from a Hilton family hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am very very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn greenbelt we strive to provide all of our guests with a rewarding stay. I have addressed these issues with my team so that no future guests have that same experience. Again thank you for your comment and we hope that you will give us another try!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel location is great, close to the highway and to all important places in Greenbelt (NASA, mall, etc...) and still, the hotel is a calm and quiet refuge from its vibrant surroundings. The decor is excellent, the rooms are big enough to accommodate a family of 4. The hotel is very clean too. It's a place to recommend. Kudos to the management for the afternoon drinks in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ahanoubon

We appreciate your wonderful comments and great recommendation! I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel continues to make improvements to make the customer feel at home. The lobby is inviting and the hotel staff makes your stay a welcomed experience. The breakfast staff always has a smile on their face and numerous customers enjoy their return stays because of them.

1  Thank Ted H

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting us again and sharing some feedback with us. At the Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt, MD, our team is passionately dedicated to providing our guests with great service experience. looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our hotel stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was great. We were impressed with the rooms, and the property in general. The Hilton product, here at least, is great and the room rate was fair. We would stay here again and would refer our friends to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Givens132

Thank you for taking the time to write and share about your experience with us. I will make sure to share your comment with my team. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at this property because it was close to a business meeting and gets good reviews. As other have mentioned, the property is clean and well maintained. My room was comfortable; however, as I went to bed to watch a little TV, I found that it had only sound.....no picture. I tried to call the front desk but there was no answer. It was between 9:30 and 10:00. Given that I really didn't want to change rooms, I gave up.

Breakfast was included (Hhonors diamond), which is one reason I stay at Hilton Garden properties. The breakfast at this hotel was lacking. All of the hot buffet items (bacon, sausage, potatoes) were cold. It appeared that large amounts were cooked early and left to sit. The bacon had obviously been frozen as it tasted stale and freezer burn was noted on one piece. Other than being directed to a seat, I was never contacted by a server. I should note that made to order items were available but I did not have time for those options.

This is nice property but management really needs to work on some of their service areas.

2  Thank hbhakh
Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay. After reviewing your comments, I was deeply concerned and would like to extend my personal apologies. At the Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt We certainly do strive to provide our guests with an exceptional stay experience and I hoped that I had the opportunity to discuss this matter in detail with you while you were in the hotel and we would’ve made sure to resolve any issues you had. I have enclosed my contact information to further discuss this issue and I look forward to resolving all your concerns to your satisfaction. I hope that you can give us another try!
phone: 301-474-7400
Ahmad.erbinieh@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Residence Inn Greenbelt
Residence Inn Greenbelt
#2 of 5 in Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!