“Would stay there again”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 days in the middle of July, then returned and stayed another 2 days this past week. All the people who worked at the desk were polite and friendly. When we told them we were unhappy that our room on the top floor was not ready by the time they'd promised us one hour before, they gave us breakfast coupons to eat in their dining room for 2 days free of charge. (The breakfast buffet is delicious and plentiful.) We ended up staying on a different floor which was unexpectedly quiet. The manager (Joe) was the leader in wanting to make sure we were happy with our stay. Also, all the rooms have a microwave and refrigerator which is a big plus. Of course, one of the reasons the staff goes out of their way for customers is that there is a Courtyard by Marriott AND a Residence Inn by Marriott right next door--Competition always helps!

Room Tip: The top floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing this great comment with us. At the Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt, MD, our team is passionately dedicated to providing our great service experience. Hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I've stayed at this property almost 40 nights this year, and I'll keep coming back. I've always found the staff to be friendly and competent, extremely helpful, and overall nice smiling faces to come home to after a long day.

I've had rare issues (but no more than anywhere I've ever stayed) and the staff has jumped through hoops to make right.

The property is clean, in a safe area, and has plenty of dining options in the area, including the hotel restaurant. It's well located near the BW parkway for travel from BWI, and it's a straight shot down the parkway into the District. There are several metro stations nearby (ask the front desk staff for directions) if you want to go that route, which makes this a good jumping off place for the leisure traveller as well.

Stay here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your loyalty to our property. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and we appreciate your valuable recommendation, we are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've stayed here many times over the last 3 years This most recent stay was the best ever! The breakfast staff was very attentive - Chef Willie accommodated my special request cheerfully while handling a lot of other orders. During the 3 days, the hotel had an early evening event, food and drinks, which was another nice touch. I've stayed at a number of places in the Greenbelt/College Park area and this is the most relaxing, cleanest, convenient place around.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review of our hotel. I'm pleased to read that your stay with us was memorable. I'm also happy to know that you were satisfied with various aspects of the hotel. We take pride in the excellent level of service that we provide for our guest's, and it's definitely comforting to read about it from our guests. Thank you again for the positive feedback and we look forward to serving you during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

At checkin, staff member seemed as if he was searching for something he could not find on the computer. I learned for what when I opened the room door. Booking a double queen for my family of 4, I was given a single king bed. The staff member should have told me of this relevant discrepancy at checkin. Only after asking, I learned the hotel was overbooked. The reservation system continued to take bookings even after hotel learned of this because of a computer problem. I asked for a roll away bed that took too long to arrive. I believe the manager should have contacted me in the morning. Seeking him though, he was very professional, friendly and empathetic. I was not charged for the room & given 10,000 Honors pts. It is difficult to rate the categories because of our mixed experience. However, if they improve the above problems, I would stay again & recommend the hotel. Not entirely relevant to those not in the HHonors program, as a Gold Level Hilton Honors member, the staff member did not offer my VIP Reward at checkin. I frequently need to remind staff (most often at Hampton & Hilton Garden) about the rewards I should be given. I question whether I to switch my loyalty to another chain to see if I have a better experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt. We apologize for the issues and inconveniences you incurred during check-in. this is not typical at our property and we take full responsibility for the system error. I’m glad to learn that we were able to rectify the situation and make it right as you are a valued guest to our Hilton Garden Inn. We hope that you will give us another try in the near future!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We read all of the great reviews and decided that the hilton would be a great choice. However, we found a roach crawling across our bed minutes after we laid down. The hotel was sold out for the night so we could not get another room. We were not charged for the night (of course) and decided to stay elsewhere. We were offered a free item from the hotel convenience store for our inconvenience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed. we hope that you would give us another try!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Everyone was very nice and helpful. TGIFriday's right across the street. Room was very clean, bed comfortable (King beds can be adjusted to desired firmness). The complimentary wi-fi worked very well, I could even stream movies from Netflix. The front desk called in the early evening to check on my room, and then came up with a complimentary cheese plate. They also give you two bottles of water and a coupon to choose a snack from their onsite store. At check-in I was told there was a $7 AAA discount, at check-out, I was charged full price on bill left under door. The lady at reception quickly fixed for me. I would definitely stay there again when in the DC/College Park area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Ahmad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for the five stars! Your review has certainly made us smile! It’s always wonderful to hear how a guest appreciates the attentive service our staff provides. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon to The Hilton Garden Inn. Thank you for your review and recommendation!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Recently stayed in this hotel and found the staff to be very professional and helpful! The rooms met all my expectations of Hilton Group of Hilton Gardens Hotels and I recommend it convenient to both Baltimore and DC area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us on your last visit to the Washington DC area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. we are glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel and the service provided by our team. Looking forward to your next visit!
General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Residence Inn Greenbelt
Residence Inn Greenbelt
#3 of 5 in Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!