“Continues to be a great Hotel”

Courtyard Greenbelt
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Mentone, Alabama
“Continues to be a great Hotel”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I have stayed here several times over the past 4 months. It has always been a great place to stay. Close to DC and then close to several restaurants. Not to mention the ones inside the hotel. The beds are always comfortable. The staff always goes out their way to be helpful and friendly. By the way -- The rack rate is $169/night the most that I have paid is $72/night, the least was $50/night bidding on Price-line.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
all over the world
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed here on business for an extended time, loved every minute of my stay! I typically stay in Marriotts while traveling for my job and have found this one to be far better than most. The staff are professional, helpful and very accomodating. The Concierge Lounge on the 16th floor is phenomenal in what they offer!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Globe, Arizona
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This is a motel, with direct access from the parking lot (but inner corridors), very limited service and mediocre amenities. Rooms are reasonably spacious but everything is lower quality. Great staff though.

This place seems to charge virtually the same rates as the full-service Marriott across the highway. I'd go with the Marriott for a much nice room, better amenities, higher quality of furnishings and bedding, and for Marriott golds, free internet and lounge access.

Only spent one night, on a lower-than-$50 Priceline rate. I'd hate to pay the $99-119 going rate.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Is there a worse than terrible button? I reserved 3 rooms for my group coming in at different times. When the last group arrived at 3am, they were told they could not check until 7am & they had to sleep in car after driving 10 hours. Ok so you say anyone can make a mistake, when I asked the manager what happened the next morning, he arrogantly told me that my guest gave the desk clerk the wrong name when, in fact, the desk clerk had asked my guest for her drivers license! When I brought this to his attention, he said that was NOT the case, implying that we were lying. Then when he checked the file, the desk clerk had made a copy of the driver's license. There was no apology or anything. So when I requested a refund for the night my guest spent in the car, he told me no. I then became very agitated asking why they could not at least issue a refund, he said, I wasn't due a refund.

I then asked for his supervisor & he said he would email it to me. My husband then came in & he changed his tone & became apologetic. He then promised my husband a refund on my credit card. It's been 3 months...I am still waiting for a refund to be process & an apology!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank m68m
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
I truly apologize for the lack service provided by my staff. This should not have happen and I would be happy to assist in anyway possible. It will be more beneficial if you were to contact the property and ask for the General Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Greenbelt hotels

Great Neck, New York
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Pros:
- Clean room with a comfortable bed.
- Located in a corporate park setting among other hotels with a Fridays restaurant within walking distance.
- Free wi-fi in the room.
- Attractive patio area.
- Indoor pool and fitness center.
- Helpful, courteous staff.
- Although hotel is conveniently located at a confluence of highways, it is in a quiet setting with no street noise audible in the room.
- Located across the street from the National Park Service’s Greenbelt Park.

Cons:
- Although hotel might be conveniently located for business purposes, area attractions and the University of Maryland are not particularly close.
- If Fridays or other chains are not desirable, one would have to travel to find a good restaurant.
- Room is efficiently laid out with comfortable furniture, but the room seems a bit tight for all that it offers.
- Mini-fridge had been removed.
- Bathroom had two minor plumbing maintenance issues
- There is modest sound transmission between rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We booked our stay thru American Express and the room was prepaid. When we arrived Doug the clerk acknowledged the room was already paid for in advance. He then told me my credit card would be used only for incidental charges. I specifically asked him if he had charged us for the room again and he said no. After our stay on our way home I saw that he had indeed charged my card again for 3 nights. When I contacted the hotel the supervisor appoligized and acknowledged the error but said he could not fix it. He did not call me back as I requested. When I contacted American Express they were able to convince them to take the charge off. They made these charges without my permission. I never signed anything. The hotel was not worth the hours I spent on the phone trying to fix their mistake.
The hotel was clean. Only positive thing I could say. I would never stay there again for fear of fraudulent charges.

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank Missyr87
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
I truly apology for the mix up. Marriott goes above and beyond to ensure that all of our guests information is protected. Confidential and proprietary information would never be shared. It's really unfortunate that this happen to you in our hotel and we will address this issue. Again, our deepest apology and should you need additional assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our management team.
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Got this hotel again through Priceline. Same good experience as last year. This time the room had 2 beds. The complimentary in-room wifi is nice & fast.

I'll be happy to get this hotel again. Only one item is on my wish list: free lobby coffee (those Courtyard snack bars aren't my kind of thing).

Oh yeah . . . TGI Friday's is walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 12 in College Park

Been to Courtyard Greenbelt? Share your experiences!