“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I've always said you can't go wrong with a Marriott and again I was not disappointed. The hotel is beautifully designed. Staff was nice. The room was large, beautiful, and very clean. The entire hotel is extremely clean including the pool area. There is a bar and small restaurant in the lobby too. Lastly, the area is great. On the street where the hotel is located, there is Outback Steakhouse, Fridays, and Soho Grill.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel would get an A+ from me easily. The front desk staff was easily the friendliest and most accommodating staff I've ever encountered. They were always cheerful, energetic, and answered all of my questions with a friendly disposition. They also knew a lot about the area which was very helpful. The lobby of the hotel is awesome, beautifully designed with plenty of space to relax, check email, or watch the game on the big screen TV. The restaurant/lounge looked nice, although I didn't get a chance to partake. Plenty of parking and I like that the hotel is close to the BW Parkway with easy access to DC. They do provide shuttle service to/from the Greenbelt Metro which is convenient. Although the first night I had to wait 30 minutes in the cold for them to come. The rooms are modern and updated. However, there was some obvious rust on the door hinges and a big stain on my carpet near the night stand. The layout of the hotel is a little odd. Those little things are why I'd give the hotel an A, just not an A+.

Room Tip: Parking fills up fast at night in front of hotel. So if you get a room on the back of the hotel, par...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ProfessorCool
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. Maybe next time we will get that A+ that we really desire.

I would like to apologize for you having to stand in the cold while waiting on our shuttle. With only one van we really do our best to try and service all of our guests. The van has been a great addition to our hotel since we started last year.

I'm also sorry that you room wasn't 100%. We do our best to try and fix everything that we can as soon as possible. I hope you reported those issues to the front desk so that we can take care of those issues before the next guest.

Please stay with us again if you are ever in the area. Your business is truly appreciated.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I recently stayed at the courtyard for the Maryland football game with my wife and children. The check in process was great. The rooms were "new looking" and clean. The breakfast staff was amazing. Kevin delivered some of the best service Ive seen in a hotel or any restaurant. Lynn at night was very friendly and fast even on her own. I will be coming back as a regular.

• Stayed November 2013
new york
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, arriving exhausted. Kari (at the front desk) eased my pain with a speedy check-in. Unlike other Marriott hotels I have visited in the past, this hotel was worthy of the Marriott name - clean, well kept, spacious, and quiet. It also helped that the price was less than $80 per night. I had a minor issue which was immediately addressed. The bed was a bit too soft for my liking but it did not affect my sleep. I have already made my reservation at this hotel for next month while in town for a business meeting. Great accomodation!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Williamsville, New York
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at this Courtyard last week. We chose this location, since we wanted to sightsee in the DC area and did not want to drive into the busy city. If this is what you want to do, this hotel is perfectly located. They run a complimentary shuttle service to and from the nearest metro station.
Of course, sometimes the best of plans do not work out! We arrived at the Courtyard on the day that the federal government shut down! On day one, we drove approximately 35 minutes east to Annapolis instead, and enjoyed touring this lovely state capital. On the next day, we did use the hotel's shuttle service to the metro station and saw what sights in Washington were available to us. The shuttle was efficient and prompt. We had to make arrangements for it the evening before.
The hotel was clean. All personnel were friendly and efficient. We ate breakfast there one morning, and the food service was limited, but very good. You have to remember that this is not a full service hotel.
If I have any complaint, it is the fact that the hotel pool was only open in the evenings. This struck me as unusual, since the pool is indoors. Since we had some extra time to spend at the hotel, and the weather was sunny and in the 80's, we sat on the outdoor sundeck without being able to swim. Also, there are no safes in the rooms. Some years ago, we were victims of a hotel burglary, and hotel safety is a high priority with us. We did feel that all access points into and out of the hotel were very secure.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. It is truly appreciated. I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time while a guest in our hotel. I apologize that you were not able to utilize the pool. Prince George's County Law require us to have lifeguard on duty when the pool is open. We are not the only hotel in this area that has the limited pool hours. It's very seldom that we have guests who want to utilize our pool Monday thru Friday's. That is why we open from 5 PM - 10 PM on those days. Our Saturday and Sunday hours are a lot longer. We are open from 10 AM - 10 PM. Please stay with us again if you are ever in the area again.

Queens, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Enjoyable stay; surely will revisit. The hotel shared grounds with Fridays and other eateries,. Easily accessible to 440 and other highways. A descent shopping area/mall is less than a quarter mile away.

Room Tip: Book early with a website such as Expedia
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. It is truly appreciated! We really do our best to go above and beyond the call of duty for all of our guests. If you are ever in the area again you know exactly where to stay.
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a family reunion. The majority of the staff was friendly and helpful. The food was good. The price of the room was reasonable.The hotel was located close to the highway, local stores and restaurants. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your comments and we are sincerely glad that you enjoyed your stay while a guest in our hotel. I definitely will share your comments with the team as I do with all comments.

If you are ever in the area again please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 12 in College Park

Been to Courtyard Greenbelt? Share your experiences!