“Good stay in Greenbelt (for a change)”

Courtyard Greenbelt
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Darlington, Wisconsin
“Good stay in Greenbelt (for a change)”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay this week at the Courtyard in Greenbelt, MD. My room was very clean, the housekeeping staff was amazing and the staff at the front desk/Bistro were incredibly pleasant,helpful, and accommodating. I pulled a bone head move and left the headlights in my rental on overnight. The management team found me some jumper cables from their sister hotel next door and used their van to give me a jump. They obviously didn't need to but I was really impressed. They acted like it was their own problem and hustled around and got me taken care of.

I used to stay at another place across the street and dealt with a lot of things I didn't need to deal with just because I wanted the points. I'm done with them. This courtyard is my place for my next Greenbelt trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and comments about your recent stay here at the Greenbelt Courtyard. I'm glad that we could be of service to you and that we made your stay memorable one. Please reach out to us anytime for future reservations. We would be happy to have you stay with us again.

Greenbelt Courtyard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hazlet, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed there this week. Room was comfortable, nice pool area (which I didn't use). Bistro food was okay, but was probably microwaved. The staff was very friendly. The free internet was slow during the night, but much better early in the morning. I didn't try the paid internet. I wish the room had a safe.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor near the pool, it was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your most recent stay with us as well as your comments. Your feedback is very valuable to the success of your hotel. For future Courtyard stays all food in our Bistro's are freshly made. If have the chance to come stay with us again, we will be increasing our internet bandwidth within the next 60 to 90 days. We also have complimentary safety deposit boxes at the front desk for guest use. For more information on services that we provide please do not hesitate to contact the hotel.

Again, thank you for feedback and please stay with us again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Very large Courtyard I had the pleasure of staying a couple nights... during a snowstorm that shutdown DC... the front desk clerk was awesome... what great personality... she went through what I'm sure was the standard spiel about the hotel, but so enthusiastically that it didn't seem like it was rote... very nice welcome... price is excellent for DC and the food although standard bar food type fare, some was a little more on the healthy side and they had the calories on each menu item so you know what's going on... how's that for transparency... I digress... the hotel is very nice and for the price is a great deal...

Room Tip: See if you can get something closer to the front... it is a hike to the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We really due appreciate you being a guest in our hotel. I share all comments whether positive or negative with our staff and I know they will enjoy reading this one. Please come back and see us again soon and hopefully the weather will be better during your next stay.
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I've always said you can't go wrong with a Marriott and again I was not disappointed. The hotel is beautifully designed. Staff was nice. The room was large, beautiful, and very clean. The entire hotel is extremely clean including the pool area. There is a bar and small restaurant in the lobby too. Lastly, the area is great. On the street where the hotel is located, there is Outback Steakhouse, Fridays, and Soho Grill.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel would get an A+ from me easily. The front desk staff was easily the friendliest and most accommodating staff I've ever encountered. They were always cheerful, energetic, and answered all of my questions with a friendly disposition. They also knew a lot about the area which was very helpful. The lobby of the hotel is awesome, beautifully designed with plenty of space to relax, check email, or watch the game on the big screen TV. The restaurant/lounge looked nice, although I didn't get a chance to partake. Plenty of parking and I like that the hotel is close to the BW Parkway with easy access to DC. They do provide shuttle service to/from the Greenbelt Metro which is convenient. Although the first night I had to wait 30 minutes in the cold for them to come. The rooms are modern and updated. However, there was some obvious rust on the door hinges and a big stain on my carpet near the night stand. The layout of the hotel is a little odd. Those little things are why I'd give the hotel an A, just not an A+.

Room Tip: Parking fills up fast at night in front of hotel. So if you get a room on the back of the hotel, par...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ProfessorCool
ManagerGB, General Manager at Courtyard Greenbelt, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. Maybe next time we will get that A+ that we really desire.

I would like to apologize for you having to stand in the cold while waiting on our shuttle. With only one van we really do our best to try and service all of our guests. The van has been a great addition to our hotel since we started last year.

I'm also sorry that you room wasn't 100%. We do our best to try and fix everything that we can as soon as possible. I hope you reported those issues to the front desk so that we can take care of those issues before the next guest.

Please stay with us again if you are ever in the area. Your business is truly appreciated.

Thank you!
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I recently stayed at the courtyard for the Maryland football game with my wife and children. The check in process was great. The rooms were "new looking" and clean. The breakfast staff was amazing. Kevin delivered some of the best service Ive seen in a hotel or any restaurant. Lynn at night was very friendly and fast even on her own. I will be coming back as a regular.

• Stayed November 2013
new york
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, arriving exhausted. Kari (at the front desk) eased my pain with a speedy check-in. Unlike other Marriott hotels I have visited in the past, this hotel was worthy of the Marriott name - clean, well kept, spacious, and quiet. It also helped that the price was less than $80 per night. I had a minor issue which was immediately addressed. The bed was a bit too soft for my liking but it did not affect my sleep. I have already made my reservation at this hotel for next month while in town for a business meeting. Great accomodation!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park

Been to Courtyard Greenbelt? Share your experiences!