“Perfect for Business”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Oakland, California
“Perfect for Business”
Reviewed 5 February 2009

This is a very solid hotel, especially for business travelers. Staff were always friendly and efficient. They seemed very eager to please.

The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable - a large bed, sofa and desk - also, a good-sized bathroom. In-room internet was wired and worked great. Also, the room was very quiet - an elusive quality I'm always looking for.

The hotel appears to be new so no surprise that everything looks great and works well. If it isn't brand-new, then they are doing a fantastic job maintaining.

Really, hard to find anything to criticize about my stay.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank petercs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Jersey
Reviewed 20 October 2008

We stayed two nights at the Marriott Courtyard in Greenbelt, and had a very pleasant experience. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were very comfortable, super-clean, and efficiently appointed, with good closet and lots of drawers. Nothing fancy, but lots of good features, e.g. wonderful showers with plenty of hot water, big TV, and a nice buffet breakfast in the morning; not cheap, but with really good coffee and big glasses of orange juice. The hotel is a five-minute drive from the Metro station, and a short walk across the parking lot to a well-run TGIFridays. We'd definitely go back.

• Liked — Quiet, comfortable, clean
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Baufrau
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed 15 October 2008

Found this hotel after researching hotels in Greenbelt on tripadvisor. Most folks liked it. Walking distance to TGI Fridays. Room was very quiet, bed was nice and soft. Pillows were too soft, would be better if there was a mix of soft and firm. Really uncomfortable chair in the room! Breakfast does not start until 6:30am, too late for my trip into DC.

Was happy there was a pool with a hot tub and lifeguard, but very displeased at the lifeguard (he was very noisy, using his portable television and cell phone).

I may look at other hotels in the same complex for my next visit.

• Liked — Location to Metro
  • Disliked — Pillows
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank JoVo19
North Carolina
Reviewed 10 June 2008

Our family stayed at Greenbelt courtyard marriot because the reviews for the hotels near Capital Heights were scary. We had no worries at the courtyard marriot...the facility was in a very nice area, conveniently off of the interstate. We were quite surprised that at check in the desk made us sign an "incidental form" that required us to give a deposit in the event of some type of disorderly conduct or excessive noise, which would be refunded upon checkout. We were charged ten dollars I believe which was credited back to our account like they promised. Also, there was a no smoking policy in the hotel; caught smoking and they bill you $250 for it. I had no problem with that because I don't smoke, nor do I want to smell a room filled with leftover smoke. Well, the room was large, especially the bathroom. Everything was super clean and comfortable. All personnel were very friendly. My husband and I did not even hear a bit of noise. We did not eat the breakfast, so I can not comment on it. And, to top it off we were able to get another $14 off of our rate because we were in the area for a church conference. We would recommend this hotel with no hesitations!

• Liked — quiet, clean and friendly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank jodie1969
Bethesda
Reviewed 13 April 2008

I didn't stay, just ate breakfast. The place is family friendly, just pleasant. There is a free computer. Eggs "a la carte" are good and a bargain at $3.18, including tax.

• Liked — pleasant layout of lobby/restaurant/business center
  • Disliked — lack of public transportation
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
alabama
Reviewed 29 March 2008

My stay at the Courtyard Marriott was fantastic! I was there for over three weeks, and the staff was wonderful. They were very helpful in assisting me with anything that I needed. The location was great, with different shopping centers less than 5 miles away. I would definitely stay there again whenever I am in the area!

• Liked — The staff was wonderful. The rooms were clean. Exercise room and indoor pool.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank bond007army
New Jersey
Reviewed 1 October 2006

One word: Excellent. This is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever been in. The staff was excellent and friendly and the breakfast was amazing for a hotel breakfast. The mattress was the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. I don;t know if I will be able to sleep as well as I did in the hotel. The only negative was that I could hear the radio and TV in the room next door, but otherwise, I will return to this hotel.

• Liked — Clean rooms, comfort.
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed September 2006
1 Thank Recon_Engineer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park

Been to Courtyard Greenbelt? Share your experiences!