“No complaints”

Courtyard Greenbelt
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed 30 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here for three nights while getting our son moved into the University of Maryland. This hotel did not disappoint. The rooms were completely quiet; I never heard anything from the adjacent rooms or hallway. I used the exercise room two mornings and it was clean and well-kept. We did not eat breakfast there, but the buffet had lots to choose from; Courtyards do charge for their breakfasts. This hotel is very convenient to the University and a shopping area with a Target and Giant Foods to stock up on items you forgot or couldn't bring. Also, there is a TGIFriday within walking distance of the hotel. It is right off of I95 and very close to MD 295 which goes to Baltimore and BWI airport.
We were greeted everytime we walked into the lobby by the individuals at the front desk. Everyone was extremely professional and helpful. Check-in and check-out were fast. The most impressive thing was that the rooms were cleaned very efficiently. We left for breakfast one morning and came back for something we forgot maybe an hour later, and housekeeping had already been there. One of my pet peeves is to be gone for hours, then come back wanting to shower, rest, work or whatever and then housekeeping decides to come. That is very annoying and these guys seem to realize they should take care of the multi-night customers first, before cleaning the empty rooms. We will be coming to this area quite often over the next four years and I would definitely stay here again, but that said, I will continue to check prices.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Greenbelt

Reviewed 15 July 2009

I stayed at the Courtyard, Greenbelt for one night for a business trip. I was greeted enthusiastically by the front-desk staff each time I walked in and out. Hotel was clean. Bed was comfortable and relaxing. Had pool and fitness room, which I didn't use, but also didn't expect from a Courtyard. It exceeded my expectations and was a great value for $84/night.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2009

This is a very solid hotel, especially for business travelers. Staff were always friendly and efficient. They seemed very eager to please.

The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable - a large bed, sofa and desk - also, a good-sized bathroom. In-room internet was wired and worked great. Also, the room was very quiet - an elusive quality I'm always looking for.

The hotel appears to be new so no surprise that everything looks great and works well. If it isn't brand-new, then they are doing a fantastic job maintaining.

Really, hard to find anything to criticize about my stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank petercs
Reviewed 20 October 2008

We stayed two nights at the Marriott Courtyard in Greenbelt, and had a very pleasant experience. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were very comfortable, super-clean, and efficiently appointed, with good closet and lots of drawers. Nothing fancy, but lots of good features, e.g. wonderful showers with plenty of hot water, big TV, and a nice buffet breakfast in the morning; not cheap, but with really good coffee and big glasses of orange juice. The hotel is a five-minute drive from the Metro station, and a short walk across the parking lot to a well-run TGIFridays. We'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baufrau
Reviewed 15 October 2008

Found this hotel after researching hotels in Greenbelt on tripadvisor. Most folks liked it. Walking distance to TGI Fridays. Room was very quiet, bed was nice and soft. Pillows were too soft, would be better if there was a mix of soft and firm. Really uncomfortable chair in the room! Breakfast does not start until 6:30am, too late for my trip into DC.

Was happy there was a pool with a hot tub and lifeguard, but very displeased at the lifeguard (he was very noisy, using his portable television and cell phone).

I may look at other hotels in the same complex for my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank JoVo19
Reviewed 10 June 2008

Our family stayed at Greenbelt courtyard marriot because the reviews for the hotels near Capital Heights were scary. We had no worries at the courtyard marriot...the facility was in a very nice area, conveniently off of the interstate. We were quite surprised that at check in the desk made us sign an "incidental form" that required us to give a deposit in the event of some type of disorderly conduct or excessive noise, which would be refunded upon checkout. We were charged ten dollars I believe which was credited back to our account like they promised. Also, there was a no smoking policy in the hotel; caught smoking and they bill you $250 for it. I had no problem with that because I don't smoke, nor do I want to smell a room filled with leftover smoke. Well, the room was large, especially the bathroom. Everything was super clean and comfortable. All personnel were very friendly. My husband and I did not even hear a bit of noise. We did not eat the breakfast, so I can not comment on it. And, to top it off we were able to get another $14 off of our rate because we were in the area for a church conference. We would recommend this hotel with no hesitations!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank jodie1969
Reviewed 13 April 2008

I didn't stay, just ate breakfast. The place is family friendly, just pleasant. There is a free computer. Eggs "a la carte" are good and a bargain at $3.18, including tax.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area

Been to Courtyard Greenbelt? Share your experiences!