“Nice Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Booked this hotel through Hotwire, which gave us an excellent price. We wanted to stay somewhere near Washington, D.C., but not right in the city. This was right near the loop that goes around Washington! It took us only 15-20 minutes to get to the Basilica on Sunday morning for Mass! We checked in around 11 pm and had no problems, and checked back out around 6:45 am (only needed to sleep there). The room was very nice and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. It was nice to have a microwave in the room for my husband to make coffee in the morning. I would stay at this hotel again if we go back to DC!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsey S
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Chelsea S.
Thank you for posting such positive comments, we are so glad that our location near 95/495 was ideal for your trip. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can welcome you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Reviewed 14 July 2013

My stay was very pleasant, staff was very helpful and went out of their way to help you, the only reason for not an excellent rating rooms and bathrooms are very dated, other than that no issues with my stay, will stay here again.

Room Tip: Above the pool area can be noisy
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Ramossr65:
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We are so glad that our staff was so helpful because that is what we are here for. We're sorry that you found the room and the bathrooms to be dated.
Thank you for staying with us and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My Husband and I along with our friends that stay there as well had a really pleasant experience. We had adjoining room which was very convenient. The rooms were clean and cozy. Room service was nice and speedy. The restaurant was also very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear RJharding:
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that we can welcome you and your friends back very soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Arrival: We arrived around 7:30pm on a Wednesday night. The hotel is located in an office complex area, near the freeway. After parking we went to check-in at the front desk. There was no one in line and the check-in process went fast.
The Room: Our room was on the 4th floor and had 2 queen beds. The room was average, not as updated as I would have liked but okay for one night at the price I paid. The bed was a little hard and I woke up the next day a little back pain. The room also seemed a little poorly designed, the room was a good size but the bathroom was too small. The entry hall had more space than needed and could have been used for extra space in the bathroom. Sometimes you wonder who designs these hotels. Overall the room was average and could use some updating but again is was okay for one night.
Internet: When we checked-in we were given a code to log on to the internet. We attempted to log on and we unable to, we called the front desk and they said the internet had been down since 1pm, but we were not told when we checked in.
Restaurant: We ate at the hotels restaurant that evening. The service was good but the food was okay at best. The bar area seemed to have a lot of regulars and seemed to have a few drunks as well. The price for dinner was high for what we got and we would not eat there again.
Overall for the price paid it was an okay one night stay. Would I stay here again maybe if I got another low price, below $50, anything higher I would stay somewhere else. In the Washington DC area there are far too many hotels to choose from so there is never a need to stay at a not so nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear John J
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that the hotel did not meet with your expectations. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

My daughter and I had reservations in this hotel and we were immediatedly disappointed. The hotel was dirty! When I checked in, I went to the room and immediately asked for the bathroom to be recleaned. There was more hair on the floor and tub than on my head! GROSS!! The housekeeper was pleasant, but he was not very good at his job. There was also a problem with the tub not draining, the sink draining slowly, and the appearance of general disrepair. The kicker was the bug I found in my bed the next morning. I couldn't wait to check out!

I was slightly amused when I told the guy at the reservation desk that I was checking out early because of the bug. I showed him the picture on my phone and he asked me what kind of bug it was!

Please spend the extra money and stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: The best tip I can give you is to get a room somewhere else!
3  Thank TraveltilYouDrop_12

Dear TraveltilYouDrop_12
Thank you taking the time to post your comments. We are so sorry that the cleanliness of the hotel caused you to check out early. We are clearly letting people down with these conditions and therefore we are making it our mission to change this. Once again we are very sorry that you had such a poor experience with us.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I didn't realize that the Holiday Inn is so bad. As previous reviewer's comments, there are a lot of stains around the walls. Bathtub is the cheap plastic one. Room temperature is very low and we shut off the AC. Midnight the temperature was higher and we turned on the AC. The big noise from the AC was surprised me. I used my Android pad to show you the noise level. I didn't have good sleep since then. It is very bad.

It provided free Internet access and it was a plus.

The second morning, I checked out and told the front desk staff. He offered me a free breakfast but we didn't have time at all. This was plus too.

1  Thank johnsmith2008
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear JohnSmith2008:
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the hotel. We are so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We have addressed your concerns with Housekeeping about the bathroom and maintenance about the loudness of the air conditioner.
Thank you for bringing all of this to our attention and we are sorry that you were so disappointed.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here only one night on business. The room was a good value, but I got what I paid for.... Average hotel, very slow front desk check in and check out, average room with carpet that appeared stained. The restaurant offers a breakfast buffet for $10.99... Seriously, holiday inn??? It was exactly the same buffet available at most hotels for FREE- there was nothing about that breakfast that was worth $10.99! Overall, I'm not so sure I'd stay here again... Maybe if I were just passing through again and needed a few hours sleep for a cheap rate.... But I would skip that breakfast for sure!

• Stayed: June 2013
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for posting your comments. We are sorry that our breakfast was not to your satisfaction, it is something that we are working on. We apologize that your room was less than adequate. This will be addressed with our Housekeeping Staff so that we can prevent this from happening to anybody else.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another chance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area
Holiday Inn Washington College Park
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Greenbelt Marriott
Greenbelt Marriott
#4 of 5 in Greenbelt

Been to Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!