“Good Place to Stay in Prince George's County, MD”

Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Place to Stay in Prince George's County, MD”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I've stayed at this hotel about 4 times. This is the only hotel I stay in Prince George's County because of the questionable areas in the county. There may be better hotels, but my first stay was very good, so I continue to return. The beds and rooms are comfortable. My only problem with the room is the lighting. They need more lighting for those who are there on business.

I don't know if it is a language issue or not, but it's a hit or miss regarding the quality of service at the front desk.

I've eaten dinner at the restaurant during each of my stays. The food is good and reasonably. priced.

If you drive to hotel, be ready to be confused with the traffic circle. Although they have Holiday Inn signs, for some reason, navigating the last 1-1/2 is always difficult.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelingLawyer2011
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are so glad that you enjoy staying with us and keep coming back. If you are having issues with the lighting let us know, and we can get you an extra lamp. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Sandpoint, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our room was well kept and very clean. We had no issues with any noise or anything wrong. The check-in was very smooth. We booked through Hotwire and got a screaming deal. I would have gladly paid a little more to have a place this nice. Great location near but not in Washington DC.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for posting your wonderful comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will come see us again if you are ever back in the Greenbelt Maryland area.
Tiffin, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Booked this hotel through Hotwire, which gave us an excellent price. We wanted to stay somewhere near Washington, D.C., but not right in the city. This was right near the loop that goes around Washington! It took us only 15-20 minutes to get to the Basilica on Sunday morning for Mass! We checked in around 11 pm and had no problems, and checked back out around 6:45 am (only needed to sleep there). The room was very nice and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. It was nice to have a microwave in the room for my husband to make coffee in the morning. I would stay at this hotel again if we go back to DC!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chelsey S
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Chelsea S.
Thank you for posting such positive comments, we are so glad that our location near 95/495 was ideal for your trip. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can welcome you back very soon.
Chittenango, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My stay was very pleasant, staff was very helpful and went out of their way to help you, the only reason for not an excellent rating rooms and bathrooms are very dated, other than that no issues with my stay, will stay here again.

Room Tip: Above the pool area can be noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Ramossr65:
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We are so glad that our staff was so helpful because that is what we are here for. We're sorry that you found the room and the bathrooms to be dated.
Thank you for staying with us and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My Husband and I along with our friends that stay there as well had a really pleasant experience. We had adjoining room which was very convenient. The rooms were clean and cozy. Room service was nice and speedy. The restaurant was also very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear RJharding:
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that we can welcome you and your friends back very soon.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Arrival: We arrived around 7:30pm on a Wednesday night. The hotel is located in an office complex area, near the freeway. After parking we went to check-in at the front desk. There was no one in line and the check-in process went fast.
The Room: Our room was on the 4th floor and had 2 queen beds. The room was average, not as updated as I would have liked but okay for one night at the price I paid. The bed was a little hard and I woke up the next day a little back pain. The room also seemed a little poorly designed, the room was a good size but the bathroom was too small. The entry hall had more space than needed and could have been used for extra space in the bathroom. Sometimes you wonder who designs these hotels. Overall the room was average and could use some updating but again is was okay for one night.
Internet: When we checked-in we were given a code to log on to the internet. We attempted to log on and we unable to, we called the front desk and they said the internet had been down since 1pm, but we were not told when we checked in.
Restaurant: We ate at the hotels restaurant that evening. The service was good but the food was okay at best. The bar area seemed to have a lot of regulars and seemed to have a few drunks as well. The price for dinner was high for what we got and we would not eat there again.
Overall for the price paid it was an okay one night stay. Would I stay here again maybe if I got another low price, below $50, anything higher I would stay somewhere else. In the Washington DC area there are far too many hotels to choose from so there is never a need to stay at a not so nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnGreenbelt, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear John J
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that the hotel did not meet with your expectations. Thank you for staying with us.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My daughter and I had reservations in this hotel and we were immediatedly disappointed. The hotel was dirty! When I checked in, I went to the room and immediately asked for the bathroom to be recleaned. There was more hair on the floor and tub than on my head! GROSS!! The housekeeper was pleasant, but he was not very good at his job. There was also a problem with the tub not draining, the sink draining slowly, and the appearance of general disrepair. The kicker was the bug I found in my bed the next morning. I couldn't wait to check out!

I was slightly amused when I told the guy at the reservation desk that I was checking out early because of the bug. I showed him the picture on my phone and he asked me what kind of bug it was!

Please spend the extra money and stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: The best tip I can give you is to get a room somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TraveltilYouDrop_12
Dear TraveltilYouDrop_12
Thank you taking the time to post your comments. We are so sorry that the cleanliness of the hotel caused you to check out early. We are clearly letting people down with these conditions and therefore we are making it our mission to change this. Once again we are very sorry that you had such a poor experience with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
#5 of 5 in Greenbelt
Residence Inn Greenbelt
Residence Inn Greenbelt
#3 of 5 in Greenbelt

Been to Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!