With the Holiday Inn renovations that are in progress chain-wide, we were pleasantly surprised and very happy with our stay in early August 2009. We realized after making flight bookings that the time to visit DC is during the weekend, when you can get lower cost hotels in central DC after those on government business have left town. All the hotel specials on sites like Travelzoo had low rates at great 3 and even some star hotels (about $100+) but only for Thu to Sun stays. We chose this hotel because of the lower cost for our stay throughout the week. It is in a semi-secluded area surrounded by office buildings so it is very quiet at night, unless your fellow hotels guests are noisy. They have undergone renovations and with new 32 inch plasma TVs, very nice updated rooms, you can't go wrong. Some areas are still in progress, like our bathroom door and trim which looked in really rough shape and needs to be replaced or refurbished. Their website doesn't mention that they have a limited shuttle service, which will take you to either New Carrollton or Greenbelt Metro station, as the hotel is halfway in between. Shuttle hours are limited, 9 am to 7 pm on Mon to Sat and 10 am to 6 pm on Sat. We flew into BWI airport and took the B30 bus to Greenbelt. A better bet would have been the MARC train to New Carrollton but we didn't know the shuttle goes to New Carrollton too, until after we arrived. The shuttle only leaves on the hour, another thing they don't tell you. I recommend that they post a sign or notice. You have to be patient for shuttle. We took the Metro into town every day and then a taxi for the four of us, usually after 9 pm, from New Carollton to the hotel, for $17 before tip (there were extra person charges and another extra late night charge after 9 pm). It's a good 15 minute walk to the mall nearby, with a Safeway, CVS pharmacy, Wendy's, Denny's and Subway. Outdoor pool hours are 10 am to 9 pm so we were disappointed with these hours because we never got to use it. Breakfast not included in regular rate. Overall, an excellent stay when compared to hotels costs in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt completes multi-million dollar renovation! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt is a full-service hotel conveniently located near many government and corporate offices: NASA, Verizon, IRS, FDA, USDA, Lockheed Martin, the University of Maryland in College Park, and New Carrollton Amtrak and Greenbelt Metro stations are within 5 miles. Corporate guests will appreciate the free high-speed Internet, and fitness center. Leisure travelers staying at the Greenbelt hotel will enjoy visiting Six Flags America and the Greenway Center Shopping Center, plus the many attractions in nearby Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis. Sports enthusiasts will be convenient to FedEx Field - Washington Redskins, RFK Stadium - Washington Nationals and DC United, Verizon Center - Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics. At the newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt, our service is outstanding and our accommodations are superb. Kids Eat Free in Willy K's, our comfortable and recently renovated restaurant and lounge. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC/Greenbelt offers two meeting rooms and is located adjacent to the Martin's Crosswinds Catering Facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc / Greenbelt Md Hotel Greenbelt
- Holiday Inn Greenbelt Nasa
- Greenbelt Holiday Inn