“Ouzoud waterfalls ”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$22.10*
and up
Ouzoud Waterfalls Small-Group Day Tour from...
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Ouzoud
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Great place. Expect to spend 50 MAD at lunch and 25 MAD pet person for boating
Steps down to the waterfall is easier. Alternative way is a sand track on the other side

1  Thank Aminbeena
Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"take photos"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I booked this excursion through TUI. My friend and I were picked up promptly on a comfortable coach. Our guide and driver were amazing, cannot fault TUI.
The falls themselves are beautiful and I have got some amazing photos form the experience. However, I do feel the 'natural' experience was tarnished somewhat but makeshift stalls/numerous souvenir shops/loads of cafes on what is already a narrow 600 step path down. There was the option of a raft that took you a little bit closer to the falls for 40 MAD each, but in my opinion, you get better photos from the rocks by which these rafts pass.
The monkeys are nice to view up at the top , however, I was pressed numerous times to accept peanuts to feed them (which would have incurred a fee, I'm sure).

Lunch was included in our trip and was pleasant, as well as a drive by to the natural tunnels. That was lovely and we weren't pressed to purchase any gimmicky items.

It is a long drive form Marrakesh; it is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours each way, so if it's a good day and you're really into nature, it's worth it. However, if you have mobility issues, hate hiking or dont like being harassed, this experience might not be for you.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Not many words needed for this trip. Magnificent views, excellent guide - Josef. Would definitely do again and use the same company - Get Your Guide.

1  Thank Ava G
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

There's no denying it- it's about a 2 and a half hour drive from Marrakesh but it is totally worth it. There is a walk around the falls and some fairly steep parts to it so I'd suggest trainers. Bring a swimsuit as you can go swimming at some of the off pools if you wish. My guide even took me up to one of the smaller falls and I jumped in- which was brilliant! We did the crossing on the little boats and, you really get a sense of the size and power of the Ouzoud falls. After that it was monkeys and lunch which was included in our tour price. Overall a great day out.

1  Thank 89ram
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2018

I traveled to Ouzoud from Marrakech on the 'Cascades of Ouzoud' TUI excursion. It's an absolutely stunning place to go and you can take in great views both from above the falls as well as going down to the bottom where you can pay 40 dirhams for a local to row you right to the heart of the water. There they will happily take pictures of you by the falls to commemorate your time there. On route there are some lovely local cafes/ restaurants to stop by. I would recommend these rather than the ones on the esplanade at the top as many of them have great views of the falls. The other great thing about Ouzoud falls is that there are wild monkeys there. You can pay the locals a few dirhams for some peanuts to feed the monkeys and they will come right up to you. Be careful though as our guide warned that if you get them to sit on your shoulders they can bite/scratch. The other thing to bear in mind is that there are 600 steps down to the falls and you have to climb back up them so this isn't suitable for anyone with mobility issues though you could still look at the views from the top.

4  Thank Chrissiedux