I stayed at RDL at very short notice, and was really impressed with everything I saw. The units have clearly been a labour of love, and are not only clean and well maintained but have character also. The reception was great and I really felt as if the owners were bending over backwards to look after me. The farm track to get there is interesting, but easily accessible for most cars (I did it in a Ford Figo).
Would definitely recommend the tour guide Thulani. He has an excellent relationship with RDL and delivers the batlefield history with a lot of passion (especially good for the oft-ignored Zulu perspective). A great stay all-round.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rorke's Drift Lodge is perched above the Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana Battlefields where the mighty Zulu nation and British Empire came to blows in 1879. The Lodge caters to the historical enthusiast looking to immerse themselves in poignant tales of yesteryear. World class guided tours coupled with friendly South African hospitality,superb food and a taste of the African Bush make this an experience to remember forever. We also offer horseriding on the property and can arrange for hunting and bass fishing expeditions in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rorke's Drift Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rorke`s Drift Hotel Rorke`s Drift
- Rorke's Drift Lodge South Africa/KwaZulu-Natal