Do not be put off by the long, windy, bumpy entrance to the lodge. Once there you relax in comfortable, clean, large, stylish rooms and soak up the 180 degrees views over the garden and a wonderful valley. Guests can self cater. We enjoyed the home made meals served outside around a brazier generating enough warmth 2 mornings & evenings this June. Besides visiting the historical sites in the area, we did several good walks from the lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rorke's Drift Lodge is perched above the Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana Battlefields where the mighty Zulu nation and British Empire came to blows in 1879. The Lodge caters to the historical enthusiast looking to immerse themselves in poignant tales of yesteryear. World class guided tours coupled with friendly South African hospitality,superb food and a taste of the African Bush make this an experience to remember forever. We also offer horseriding on the property and can arrange for hunting and bass fishing expeditions in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rorke's Drift Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rorke`s Drift Hotel Rorke`s Drift
- Rorke's Drift Lodge South Africa/KwaZulu-Natal