O.Henry Hotel
US$202
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Greensboro(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$112
US$164
US$95
US$116
Comfort Suites Airport(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
US$86
Travelocity
Proximity Hotel(Greensboro)
US$292
US$283
Travelocity
All reviewsthe green valley grillsouthern breakfastdressing areaseparate showersouthern charmwonderful hotelsister hotelbeautiful lobbyfavorite hotelbreakfast buffettrufflerooms are largeon site restaurantroom serviceevery staff membervisiting greensborogreensboro area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I've stayed at the O.Henry many times as part of business trips to North Carolina. The hotel is very stylish and comfortable. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The bar/restaurant is excellent both service and food are top notch. The lobby is one of my absolute favorites of any hotel I have stayed at. It's just a very warm and interesting environment structurally and architecturally. Lots of seating and a piano off to the side that is a self player but if you are a pianist, they'll let you take a shot at it.

Having said all that, the best part is the staff. You will find no more welcoming, friendly and accommodating people. It's just a fun place to stay for business or pleasure. I always have a great stay here.

Room Tip: I prefer front facing rooms, but I have yet to stay in a "bad" room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank justwarren
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you for your kind words, and for your loyalty to the O.Henry! I am thrilled to hear that you have experienced us as welcoming and friendly time after time. We really believe that taking care of our guests is the most important thing we can do here at the hotel, we just wouldn't have it any other way.

Hope to see you soon,
Peyton

p.s. Have you seen the lobby during Christmas? Our team decorates it with garland and wreathes, and we even have a huge tree in the Cloister garden which is located just off the lobby.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spent four days at this hotel and loved it. The room was spotless and very large. The breakfast was fantastic with a large variety of foods to choose from. Best of all, it was served in a nice dining area with real coffee, not the cheap stuff. We didn't meet one staff member in the hotel that wasn't incredibly polite and friendly. I travel extensively and would rate this one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. We would highly recommend it. Classy! But more importantly, so were all the employees

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank E W
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

I am happy to hear that you had a good stay with us, and that everyone was friendly! Glad you enjoyed the breakfast; I agree about the coffee, it is quite good. We would love to have you stay again; the summer time is great for family time because you can relax here if you want to get away from it all, or you can venture out and enjoy the city of Greensboro. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Great hotel with wonderful service. I had not realized that I had left my coat and the next day one of the bellman brought it to me. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. They also have a marvelous tea in the lobby area in the afternoon. The restaurant had good but expensive food. There is a large strip mall across the street with places to eat if you want to try something different.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Angelash45

It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! The tea is so much fun, I am glad that you were able to experience it. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We have stayed at the O'Henry several times, when traveling into this area of North Carolina. It is a quality business hotel. it is definitely a favorite place for the locals as well, as there always seem to be weddings and parties going on. The O'Henry staff are welcoming, although not necessarily overly eager. The lobby oozes comfort, with soft sofas and charis, all of which makes the afternoon tea or morning coffee a pleasant and populare experience. We have stayed in six different rooms in the hotel, and the hallmark is the consistent quality and comfort. All of the rooms have been clean, and all are laid out almost indentically. there is a small dressing area outside the bath, the bathrooms include a soaking tub and separate shower. The water is hot--very hot, which is a treat for those who like hot, steamy showers. Everything has always been clean, while not necessarily new. The "Magi" beds are quite confortable, rivaling the comfort at some Wesitn spas. With a sincere emphasis on hospitality, the hotel provides a small coffee machine, fully stocked, and complementary water. there is also a real treat in the mornings--an included breakfast buffet that we have found more than adequate. As a buffet, the food can only be so good,but this achieves the best expected level for a breakfast buffet. the breakfast room, unlike so many other hotels' complementary provisions, is staffed at a high level. Dishes are immediately removed once used, silverware appears immediately, etc. the main hall also has fresh complementary coffee daily. These are essential elements because the hotel is not inexpensive. In a comparatively low cost of living area, the O'Henry charges in the high 200's and low 300's nightly. But they keep up their end of the bargain. One other thing--while not downtown Greensboro, the city is small enough and it's close enough, that it is a usefull business location.

Room Tip: We have yet to have a bad one--there are first floor rooms, which not everyone likes, but they do not open first floor exterior. This first floor room was surprisingly quiet
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank warmweatherlovers4
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you very much for your review! I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us, and have experienced value and hospitality each time. I would love to know next time you visit us, if you like please e-mail me directly at peggers@qwrh.com or call me at 336-544-9603 next time you plan to stay.
Peyton Eggers
Reservations Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Great value and includes a great buffet breakfast. Try the cheese grits. Rooms are spacious and first rate. Also if possible have dinner at adjoining green valley grill. Excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Dlt1030
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

I am so happy to hear that you had a good experience with us. The cheese grits are my favorite, you can't go wrong with them. We hope to see you again soon!