“I love the hotel and the outdoor seating areas!!”
Review of O.Henry Hotel

O.Henry Hotel
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Hickory, North Carolina
“I love the hotel and the outdoor seating areas!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I had the opportunity to stay there for 2 weeks in May. The weeks were broken so I had 2 different rooms for the two weeks. I love the "old world" feel with the clean lines and amenities. I really love the room layout- I had a separate room for the shower, sink, tub and toilet with another sink in the dressing area - Very convenient. Plenty of room, fridge for my goodies, pool, bar, Green Valley Grill menu was excellent!! Shopping directly across the road has movies, grocery stores, drug stores, ice cream, restaurants- anything you need while in your hotel. The Shuttle service was Excellent perk as well!! I was very happy to stay with them. I will again! Thanks Martha B for your email for my feedback:)

Room Tip: I liked the 4th floor room better than the 6th floor room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
You are so kind to share your delight in the O.Henry Hotel in a Trip Advisor review. Thank you so much for your constructive and helpful comments, they help us improve our performance and be able to delight future guests.
See you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My husband and I live in this area and love to take a night away at the O Henry. The rooms are nice and the lobby and breakfast area are beautiful. There is a shopping mall and lots of dining within walking distance. You do have to cross a busy street though.
The hotel dining is wonderful. It's my favorite restaurant in Greensboro but it is pricey. Well worth the money, but there are plenty of other options close.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
We are thrilled that the O. Henry is your getaway spot for a staycation! Once you arrive at the O. Henry, everything you might want is in the hotel or within walking distance; your car gets a vacation too!

Green Valley Grill is also my favorite and our other two restaurants, Lucky 32 and
Print Works Bistro come in at a close second. All are within a one mile radius of the hotel; each has a different menu and price point. We offer complimentary transportation to all of our restaurants. There is something for everyone!

We look forward to your next staycation.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Elite-class service, very nice property, great restaurant attached. Great example of true Southern-styled, elegant hotel. Good hot breakfast included, quite nice. My only complaints are the following (& I only mention these to help this hotel be the best!): Internet is painfully slow- I checked signal, all was strong...I think they may older equipment. Bath towels weren't up to par w/ a $225+/night hotel- very similar to a Marriott in quality, in that they were a bit cheap and scratchy. Was disappointed they didn't keep hot coffee in the lobby- would have been a really nice touch. Work-out room is very crowded, they have like 8 cardio machines stuffed into a very small space. Would be ALOT better if they took about 4 out & left open floor space for ab exercises, etc. Could really use some resistance bands, a balance ball or two & maybe a bosu ball. In the end, this hotel is very pricey but may be worth it for most high-end business travelers. Would probably stay again, but would likely scour for a better deal 1st. Great job O.Henry staff!

Room Tip: All are pretty much equal.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
This is what Trip Advisor is all about! We truly appreciate all of your great comments and suggestions about how we can better meet our guest’s expectations. We are always looking for ways that we can improve or enhance our guest experience. Our future guests will benefit from your observations and desire to help us be the best!

Check out our website when you are in the area again, we offer some wonderful deals and packages, we would love to have you stay with us in the future.
Granada Nicaragua
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Great hotel. From the smiling service to the great rooms. Has a great bar and is attached to the Green valley Grill which has great food. Not anything bad to say about this place. Worth the price. This hotel rivals any one I have stayed at in any city.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Our entire staff along with the team at the Green Valley Grill would like to thank you for the wonderful review! Please come visit us again soon!
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Stayed here twice, once solo and this time because my spouse wanted to try it out. First time: room was drab and brown,brown,brown; furniture was badly chipped (not rustic!), complimentary breakfast was limited and often cold. Lobby is dark with lots of overstuffed chairs. Restaurant's food was disappointing. Second time: ditto. But spouse liked it, but plan to talk him into trying their sister property across the street, the W-like Proximity, or returning to my favorite, the Marriott.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank higham
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for the feedback. You will be interested to know that over the summer all of the furniture will be reupholstered with brighter designer fabrics and the desks and breakfronts will be refinished. It would be a favor to us if you'd contact me so that we can learn more about your stays.
mbryant@qwrh.com 336-544-9600
Thank you again.
Chicago
Reviewed 7 May 2013

What a beautiful place. Lovingly restored, professional staff. Grill for continental breakfast, and excellent restaurant (fantastic entrees and desserts) and lively bar attached. Likely the best hotel in town, and right off the highway.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
You have graciously highlighted many of our best features; we are delighted that you enjoyed your entire experience.
The Green Valley Grill is wonderful, you are absolutely right about the entrees and desserts, and they are plentiful and delicious! The bar is a great place to begin or end your evening; it is lively and cozy at the same time.
Thank you for your recommendation, we look forward to your next visit.
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed O'Henry Teas for almost 10 years. They are a wonderful, relaxing experience. We've always received wonderful service from attentive and knowledgeable staff. The tea selection has branched out over time from wonderful Harney and Sons. However, the treat selections have dropped off in the last two years. The "glory days" of O'Henry Tea included a delicious lemon tart, scrumptious fruit tart, rotating flavored scones, and a delectable chocolate truffle. The current tea menu relies too much on vanilla flavors, rendering the scone and shortbread cookie redundant. The new macaroon disappeared from tea yesterday. The new quiches are fantastic, as are the ham toastettes, but we miss the egg salad on toast. We still enjoy going to tea, but don't look forward to it as much as we have since the menu changed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Wow, 10 years – we are honored! Our pastry team and our Chef have been alerted to your observations and concerns. This is wonderful data coming from guests who are advocates of our O. Henry Tea. Our tea has become extremely popular in the last several years; it is due to folks like you who share their great experiences with their friends. We would love your continued feedback; you are welcome to connect with me directly when you come to enjoy tea in the near future. You are welcome to ask for me at the front desk or contact me by email at mbryant@qwrh.com, 336-544-9600.