“Favorite hotel in the area!”
Review of O.Henry Hotel

O.Henry Hotel
Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Whidbey Island, Wa
“Favorite hotel in the area!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed last night at O Henry and can think of no way I'd improve this hotel.
I arrived at 10:30 a.m., way before check in time, and they whisked me to my room all smiles and grace.
Everything was spotless and exactly where you expect it would be, which sounds like simple deliverables in a hotel room but all too often it is not the case. Room service thoughtfully modified an appetizer to make it gluten free, designing the dish on the fly on the phone with me in about three seconds, and it was beautiful and delicious. The evening bar staff was gracious and helpful. Breakfast in room was exactly on time and huge: the frittata would have easilty fed two people. It is lovely to have Aveda bathroom products. Bed was super comfortable, linens were soft. This is without question my favorite hotel in the area and I would book here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Corner room 702 was large, sunny, and completely quiet despite facing the highway on one side.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
It sounds like you were only with us for about 24 hours and covered a lot of ground!

We are delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of the O. Henry and Green Valley Grill. Our chef and his team have been working diligently on providing more delicious gluten free options to our menus and breakfast. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your request in an expedited manner.

Our In-Room Dining is our best kept secret, we offer our full menu and the large guestrooms are ideal for a private, quiet dinner.

Thank you for your generous comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
midwest
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

My company is headquartered here & I stay here once or twice a year. This is a fabulous hotel. The service is impeccable, the rooms are big & clean, and the breakfast is great. The bar and restaurant (Green Valley Grill) are probably the best in town.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
I may be partial and I agree with you in regards to the Green Valley Grill – the menu is creative and the food is delicious.

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you when you are in town or in advance of your next stay.

Thank you for your loyalty.
NYC
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Greensboro is not the most happening place, but this hotel is very clean and, relative to Greensboro, fairly hip and a good location. Staff is nice. The food at their restaurant is really quite good - and we are NYC diners who are fussy. We were surprised.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SWMinmetroNYC
It is great to hear positive comments from guests that come to us from around the country and bigger cities. As New York City residents, you have so many fabulous hotels and restaurants to choose from, we are thrilled that you found us in Greensboro and that we exceeded your expectations.

Come see us again when you need a break from the busy, big city.
Westlake Village, California
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Spent Several days @ the O'Henry as we were getting our Daughter launched into College (were on the west coast, she's going to UNCSA). The O'Henry was perfect for a picky family like us. The room was very clean (which is #1 in our book). The staff was very helpful and accommodating as we had to shift our departure date a couple times. We liked it so much were going to stay there again in October on a return trip for us. (the only issue we had was we could hear music coming from the garden/patio into the morning.....and they took care of it right away...I don't think they realized)
Anyway, we're going back so I guess that kind of sums it up.

Room Tip: Call vs. Book online. Our arranging/planning was much more effective.
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cworsey
Wow! Your daughter has come a long way to attend the UNC School of the Arts. It is a great school! I hope she is enjoying it.

We would like to be your home away from when you visit your daughter throughout her college experience. Let us know if there is anything we can do while you are staying with us this month and the many more to come.

When someone needs a friendly voice, on site, at the hotel to help with the details, your recommendation for other travelers to call us directly for their reservation is a great one. Our reservations team is extremely knowledgeable about our hotels and the Triad area.

We are looking forward to your arrival.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The staff were wonderful from the time I drove up to the time I left. The whole place is very clean. Our room very clean and the maid service did a wonderful job. Even though I did not take part, the afternoon tea looked very nice and the people were really enjoying themselves. Daily breakfast was excellent. Fresh cooked, fresh and quality fruit, nice pastries and on an on. Front desk staff was very helpful and always said "hello" first. Hotel to airport shuttle service was quick and on time.
This hotel is a very classy place with classical music playing everywhere.
The pool is small but kids were enjoying it and the workout room was what I needed.
Nice place for business stay, family stay or just a couples get away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
It is great reviews like yours that keep us #1; you are helping promote us to all of the other TripAdvisor patrons. Our marketing team could not do a better job.

Our housekeeping and front desk teams are amazing, thank you for noticing their contribution to our success.

You will have to come back and try our Afternoon Tea, it is divine!
Hope to see you again soon.
washington dc
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Ok, I don't know if this would be five stars in a top international market but for Greensboro -- absolutely.

Very comfortable large rooms -- great bed, very quiet made for a great sleep.

The restaurant is excellent.

Staff was very nice -- perhaps not four seasons types but really I should not complain.

Breakfast could be done a bit nicer but again, not a complaint really.

My previous favorite hotel for the area was the Winston Salem Marroitt but I am sold on O'Henry.

I visited the sister property, Proximity for a drink and that looked very nice, too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
We are excited that we have converted you to an advocate of the O. Henry Hotel! To be referenced in the same context as the Four Seasons and Five Diamond hotels is truly an honor.

We look forward to your next visit!
Rockville, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights while attending a training at the Center for Creative Leadership. The hotel is a well maintained, very nice facility with friendly and extremely helpful staff. The rooms are spacious and very clean, only niggle I have is that the air conditioning can't be adjusted, and my room was quite cold, with the A/C a bit on the noisy side when it kicked in. A very pleasant surprise is the hotel restaurant, the Green Valley Grill, which offers outstanding and creative dishes from very fresh ingredients.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
We are thrilled to be the hotel partner to the Center for Creative Leadership. They have a wonderful training program and I hope you found it rewarding.

I am so sorry that your air conditioning system malfunctioned and was noisy. This is not the norm and we will be checking all of our rooms to ensure it does not happen to another guest. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

It is great to hear the wonderful comments about the Green Valley Grill from someone who stayed 5 nights and likely ate there more than once! It offers such a great variety; one can never get bored with the selections.

I hope you get the opportunity to attend another Center for Creative Leadership Program in the near future, so we can take care of you again!