“Superb in every way”
Review of O.Henry Hotel

O.Henry Hotel
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at the O. Henry hotel for a week on business, and I am still in awe of the experience. Every interaction I had with the staff was beyond compare. For example, the first day I was there, I realized that I had forgotten contact lens solution and asked the front desk the location of the nearest pharmacy (although the hotel has plenty of standard toiletries on hand they can give you, they did not of course had that particular item). The front desk attendant provided a map of a place right across the street and even added tips on the best crosswalk to use to get there. Upon my return he saw me and asked if I had found the pharmacy alright. On Day 3 I decided to go for a run on the running trail that is easily accessible by the hotel. Upon my return and climbing the hotel steps, the doorman asked kindly if I would like a towel and a bottle of water! I was not in the gym--this was the doorman!

I ordered room service twice (from the hotel's own Green Valley Grill--delicious!) and it arrived freshly prepared and piping hot in no more than 15 minutes. Each time they showed up I said, "You are the fastest room service I have ever had," to which the server said, "we like to exceed your expectations." Indeed. The food was delicious too: the beef short ribs melted like butter, and the parmesan crusted chicken with a garlic lemon sauce was decadent.

Each morning there is a full buffet breakfast complete with scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal with all the fixings, grits, a selection of pastries, cereals, fruit, breads...everything. If I had to find one nit-picky constructive criticism it would be to change up the breakfast buffet by one or two items after a couple of days--that said, what they had was delicious. And the coffee was excellent.

The rooms are beautifully appointed and I loved the separate powder room area and bathroom with both a glass-enclosed shower and a soaking tub. The beds are extremely comfortable--I am actually considering calling the hotel and finding out how to get one for my home.

I could go on. Needless to say, every hotel should take a lesson from the O. Henry. It exceeded my expectations on every count.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Wow! We are honored with your amazing review and we are thrilled you enjoyed your week long stay with us. It makes us smile when we are able to exceed our guests expectations. Thank you for the suggestions to our Southern breakfast buffet. We will share them with Chef Leigh Hesling at Green Valley Grill. Suggestions like this really make our hotel what it is. By the way the Counter Culture Coffee is extraordinary.

I too am a runner so I can appreciate our staff's genuine offering to help you recover after a long run. Our area running trails are wonderful. We also offer bikes to ride on those same trails. Try it out the next time your staying with us.

Our beds and Magi Bedding really is comfy! Our Magi Bedding is available for purchase just give us a call and we'll order it for you.

We truly do enjoy exceeding your expectations and we are so glad you had a great experience and wanted to share it with other travelers.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Just stayed at the O.Henry less than two weeks ago and the place was great.. They started by picking us up at the airport in a cool English style cab with a super friendly driver, you could tell when you checked in that it was going to be a good stay by the way you we're treated. The room was extremely clean and comfy with a very nice bed. Room included a breakfast that was above average and we also dined one night at the Green Valley grill located inside the hotel it was also very good. Would I stay again? Absolutely!!!

1  Thank Brad G

Our mission is to be of genuine service to our guests. I am so glad you were able to have an authentic experience with our dedicated staff. It sounds like you enjoyed many of our extraordinary amenities like our Magi bedding and the wonderful European flavors at Green Valley Grill. Chef Leigh Hesling comes up with amazing monthly features.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Greensboro.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The only place to stay in Greensboro! I recently stayed one night at the O. Henry for business and had a great stay. The common areas are very nice, the rooms are large and very clean and the staff is wonderful. My favorite hotel in Greensboro.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We are so honored to be your favorite hotel in Greensboro. Thank you for the wonderful comments!

We hope your business travels bring you back to us soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

What super polite and courtesy service. Southern Hospitality. Picked us up at the airport in an English Car, set the ac, carried our bags, would not let me help. Hotel location great, shopping mall within walking distance. Great resturant, great bar, good southern breakfast, rooms and bathroom excellent. The Fitness center excellent. They offer transportation nearby (small fee), Staff helpful and friendly. Wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Oh Boy! We are so glad you had a wonderful stay and are thrilled you were able to take advantage of the many amenities the O. Henry has to offer. Our London Taxis are very special to us and we really enjoy sharing the driving experience with our guests. We even have a fun video on our hotel channel about our Taxis, you will have to check it out next time you are here!

It is our mission to make you smile. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed last night at O Henry and can think of no way I'd improve this hotel.
I arrived at 10:30 a.m., way before check in time, and they whisked me to my room all smiles and grace.
Everything was spotless and exactly where you expect it would be, which sounds like simple deliverables in a hotel room but all too often it is not the case. Room service thoughtfully modified an appetizer to make it gluten free, designing the dish on the fly on the phone with me in about three seconds, and it was beautiful and delicious. The evening bar staff was gracious and helpful. Breakfast in room was exactly on time and huge: the frittata would have easilty fed two people. It is lovely to have Aveda bathroom products. Bed was super comfortable, linens were soft. This is without question my favorite hotel in the area and I would book here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Corner room 702 was large, sunny, and completely quiet despite facing the highway on one side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

It sounds like you were only with us for about 24 hours and covered a lot of ground!

We are delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of the O. Henry and Green Valley Grill. Our chef and his team have been working diligently on providing more delicious gluten free options to our menus and breakfast. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your request in an expedited manner.

Our In-Room Dining is our best kept secret, we offer our full menu and the large guestrooms are ideal for a private, quiet dinner.

Thank you for your generous comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

My company is headquartered here & I stay here once or twice a year. This is a fabulous hotel. The service is impeccable, the rooms are big & clean, and the breakfast is great. The bar and restaurant (Green Valley Grill) are probably the best in town.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

I may be partial and I agree with you in regards to the Green Valley Grill – the menu is creative and the food is delicious.

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you when you are in town or in advance of your next stay.

Thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Greensboro is not the most happening place, but this hotel is very clean and, relative to Greensboro, fairly hip and a good location. Staff is nice. The food at their restaurant is really quite good - and we are NYC diners who are fussy. We were surprised.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SWMinmetroNYC

It is great to hear positive comments from guests that come to us from around the country and bigger cities. As New York City residents, you have so many fabulous hotels and restaurants to choose from, we are thrilled that you found us in Greensboro and that we exceeded your expectations.

Come see us again when you need a break from the busy, big city.