“Nice Stay Great Value”

Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
New Jersey
“Nice Stay Great Value”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed at the O'Henry recently. Just before clicking book we noticed the packages they offered. What a great deal on the theater package. The hotel and staff were good. There were obviously some new front desk personnel. The training could have been better. We were directed to tea time only to find out we needed a reservation and refused to seat us. After speaking to a manager they quickly solved the problem. A strong show of commitment to quality. The room was clean and roomy. We will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keldo22
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Our Triad Stage package is one of our favorite community packages and we are so glad you chose to take advantage of it.

Thank you for giving us feedback on improved training of our front desk staff and tea time confusion. We are grateful for your feedback to help us improve our guest's experience. It is very important that our staff are competent, well trained and of genuine service to delight our guests.

We appreciate your sharing with others to look for our packages, they are all terrific and a great value. Please come back and try another one!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Portland OR
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Just enjoyed a two-night stay and found the hotel very nice and the rooms well-appointed. The best part is the hotel's renowned bathrooms which feature a dressing area with a closet, sink and place for your luggage (on top of pullout drawers), and a separate bath area with a large tub, separate glass shower, another sink, and toilet. The workout facility is a little small and bare bones, but I was the only one using it on two occasions. The hotel is also located off a busy highway, so road noise is apparent, but horrible.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PDXonthego
Thank you for sharing your feedback about the workout facility and we are excited you enjoyed the bathroom and dressing area so much. 15 years ago, the design team considered every detail of the bathroom and dressing area and I am thrilled you were able to experience and enjoy those considerations. We hope you will stay with us on your next trip to Greensboro.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Unfortunately , I visited Greensboro due to a death in the family . Now for my review of this so called 5 star Hotel , not even remotely close to that level ! First of all , the bed was very uncomfortable and the bar staff in the restaurant acted like they were not used to seeing professional people of color . I expect this in the South so that really didn't bother me as the service was mediocre as well as the food . My room was clean and furnishings were average , found hair in the soap dish on the sink in the bathroom and décor was suitable . I would say if the bathroom had been cleaned properly that would be the closest thing to 5 star level . I will say Chelsi at the front desk was very professional and helpful as were the front desk staff as a whole . I have stayed at many Hotels around the world and I am fair but when it comes to $250 per night I do expect something close to perfection ! I wouldn't recommend this hotel at that price to anyone !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank R W
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
First: We are so sorry for your loss. Second: We are very disappointed that we did not take better care of you. Thank you so much for your helpful feedback.

I would love talk with you personally. If you have the time and inclination, please give me a call at 336-544-9600. We want to assure you that we have heard your concerns and want to hear more about your experience.
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 February 2014

High Point University family weekend had all rooms near school booked followed reviews and decided to give O;Henry a try. Glad we did. Great attentive service. Nice rooms big bathroom very comfortable

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bigjac15
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
I hope you enjoyed High Point University's family weekend! We're honored you gave us a shot and it's a pleasure to hear you experienced our gracious amenities and attentive service.

We hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area.
chicago
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I'd like to start by saying this... other hotels should strive to be the O.Henry. This place is run with a mixture of southern grace, military precision, and an actual beating heart. What they deliver is exceptional customer service in a truly refined setting.

My beautiful nephew died recently during a horrible motorcycle accident. Greensboro was his hometown, and his family brought him home to bury him.

As his out-of-town family, we stayed at the O.Henry. We were driven to the wake by Mr. Jenkins, a wonderful soul. The next day, the day of the funeral, my brother-in-law (dad of the deceased) overslept. He asked at very last-minute to arrange for Mr. Jenkins to drive us to the chapel where the services were being held. I ran to the front desk to find Mr. Jenkins was already scheduled on another run. When my brother-in-law came to the lobby, and Mr. Jenkins laid eyes on him, he very quietly made other arrangements for his previously scheduled run. With grace and empathy, Mr. Jenkins delivered us to the chapel.

I cannot say enough about what the O.Henry provided to our family. Thank you from our hearts, Mr. Jenkins, Belinda Glenn, and the entire staff of the O.Henry.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank suzysulli
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Your story brings tears to in my eyes and we are truly sorry for your loss.
We are honored that you chose to stay with us during a family tragedy. We are pleased that you were able to experience attentive service by our warm and hospitable staff. Mr Jenkins and Ms Glenn are jewels.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We don't live far from the O'Henry and I have for years wanted to splurge and spend a romantic night there with my husband so did just that this New Years Eve. We purchased a package that included a king room, bottle of sparkling wine, "priority seating" in the restaurant (not sure what that got us), and a 2:00 check out. Check in was quick and painless, and all the staff were eager and polite though I got the feeling most were inexperienced, but, hey, so were we. The bed/living area of the room was a bit of a disappointment as it was a little frayed around the edges with an expected hotel feel, but the bathroom was worth the expense. The classic black and white tile, large walk-in shower, and two separate sinks were exactly what we were expecting from an old school hotel. We enjoyed an appetizer and a couple of cocktails at the bar before dinner which was busy but not over crowded. My husband was very pleased with his steak at dinner, but I was underwhelmed by my salmon which was bland and served over stiff polenta. We have eaten at the restaurant a few times before and I've never been disappointed, so will not hold this one experience against them, just won't order the salmon again. The breakfast buffet comes standard with a stay at the hotel and everything on it was freshly cooked, hot and delicious, definitely not your standard hotel breakfast. They have a small but nice exercise room with quality equipment that we used both days. Overall, a very nice time, but, for this solidly middle class couple, not something we could justify doing very often.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wren A
We are happy you chose to stay with us to celebrate a romantic New Year's Eve and we are grateful for your feedback to help us improve our guest's experience. It is very important to you and all of our guests that our staff are competent and well trained. We have addressed this with our leadership team.
We are thrilled you enjoyed the guest bathroom and dining at Green Valley Grill. We will certainly share your feedback about the bland salmon with our Executive Chef Leigh Hesling.
We are in the process of updating our guestrooms, which includes updating furniture in all of our rooms. We hope that you will stay with us again and allow us the opportunity to knock your socks off.
Concord, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I shared two nights at this 5 star hotel with my daughter as a girl's get away in August 2012 prior to her October 2012 wedding. The facility is top notch is so many ways from doormen and greeters to exquisite rooms and accommodations. The restaurant was delicious and the server was kind and patient with customers who had not dined there before and helpful with the menu. The breakfast they provide is perfect. The steel cut oats were such a treat. The antique cars on the property added such a nice touch and photo op's! It's centrally located which is helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MOOREJ1978
A girl's getaway is so fun! Spending time with your daughter before her big day is a lasting memory, we are honored to be a part of it.
So glad you had a memorable culinary experience at Green Valley Grill with our competent servers and our Southern-style breakfast buffet especially (the steel cut oats are also our favorite!).
Our London Taxis are great for photo-ops, we look forward to your next stay with us and hope that you will ride take a ride in one of them around town next go around.