“Undoubtedly one of the nicest hotels in the Triad”
Review of O.Henry Hotel

O.Henry Hotel
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was at the O. Henry very briefly for a business meeting, but I was extremely impressed by the hotel's tasteful design, the spaciousness of my room, and the comfort of my bed (I slept very well). The bathroom layout was lavish, to say the least--a large space for the tub, shower, toilet, and sink, and then, adjacent to the main bathroom, a separate dressing area with a sink, closet, and built-in luggage rack. The free wireless Internet and two plush terrycloth robes hanging in the closet were greatly appreciated. However, as a longtime fiction reader, I was particularly delighted to find the Dover Thrift Edition of O. Henry's "The Gift of the Magi" and other stories on my bedside stand, with an invitation to take the volume with me. I did and am savoring it now!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven5

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I came here for a training course at CCL and this was the preferred hotel. Yes I was there for work but honestly if felt like a mini-holiday because of the staff and surround at O. Henry!

Recommend this for a business or leisure trip, though I'm not sure what else there is to do in Greensboro other than down a few Natty Greene beers. (Which is not a bad thing.)

Extensive food and bev selection in the bar and grill, though I found it to be a few dollars more than I would have liked to pay.

Rooms are comfy and quiet; great bed and bathroom, too.

The staff is friendly and always upbeat. And you should plan to do afternoon tea one day....very charming and well done in the main lobby. You feel like you've taken a step back in time.

Overall I enjoyed it and would most certainly return!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Everyone associated with the hotel staff is genuinely welcoming and helpful. Check in/ check out is easy, efficient and accurate. The rooms are a comfortable size, the bedding makes it easy to get the rest you need. Breakfast was included and the offerings were substantial and varied including gluten-free options. Free wi-fi helps you to stay in touch.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob C
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The entrance and reception area of the hotel is quirky but stunning and the period theme continues throughout the hotel with all mod-cons. With welcoming efficient staff and easy check-in we were directed immediately to our two rooms. Both rooms were beautifully clean, spacious and well stocked with everything needed for a perfect stay, including bath robes and a complementary book of O'Henry's short stories - nice touch! We weren't so impressed with the "Magi bed with triple bedding" as we thought we would be - the bed pillows were quite uncomfortable, but that was our only niggle with the rooms. Buffet style breakfast was superb, with an array of fresh delights on offer to choose from. We did find the 9am weekday deadline for breakfast a little early for us as we were on holiday, but maybe this is because the hotel caters for corporate events and more business clientele during the week. We didn't want to miss the breakfast as it was far too delicious. The outside pool was delightful and kept spotlessly clean. We treated ourselves to afternoon tea. Pretty crockery and cucumber sandwiches - lovely to do but don't expect huge portions. This is a very delicate affair. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to splash out for a little bit of luxury, and would love to visit again sometime if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FizzUk
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I surprised my mother with an overnight visit to the O'Henry. From the moment we walked under the portico and saw the lush plantings at the entrance I knew she was going to be very happy with our accommodations. The lobby is absolutely beautiful! In fact, we checked in, went to our lovely room, then returned to the lobby to read until time for dinner. The hotel was quiet, the bedding was wonderful, the double sinks were a treat...on and on! Breakfast was the icing on the cake. NOT your usual Southern breakfast buffet...presentation was lovely & everything we tasted was flavorful...especially the potatoes. The only drawback was that we didn't plan to stay two nights!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had to spend a night in Greensboro on my way to,Atlanta. Great hotel with large comfortable rooms, friendly staff, and pretty good amenities. A tad pricey, but worth it. Excellent restaurant on site. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We returned to this lovely hotel to find it a good as it has been each time we have visited. A trained and competent desk staff, good rooms and beds, a fabulous breakfast, and a terrific restaurant and bar. We will return here on our trip back to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel are preferred as adjacent highway traffic can be slightly noisy. Aft...