“Super friendly staff”

Greensboro Marriott Downtown
Ranked #20 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

It's not a brand new building... But I always stay here when I come to Greensboro. The staff, food, and location are the best. I never need my car once I get there- I walk to everything and the desk always let's me know what's new downtown. I just really enjoy my stays there.

• Stayed: June 2014
Huseyin T, General Manager at Greensboro Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear AVerrillo,

We are so glad to hear of your positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. Our Hotel certainly is in the most wonderful location; we have everything you need within walking distance or a very short drive. I am very happy to hear that you had a chance to experience our extra ordinary southern service.

Regards

There are newer reviews for Greensboro Marriott Downtown

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel with family members in three different rooms. Unbeknownst to me a the time the reservation was made, the ACC baseball tournament was being played two blocks from the hotel; which was also serving as the host hotel for at least two of the competing schools. While faced with obvious challenges of hosting two college baseball teams, in addition to a wedding party, the hotel responded well and raised the bar with its service. While the rooms are what I would consider "standard marriott rooms;" the service and desire to meet their customers needs makes this hotel unique. The pool area is also very nice... And the hotel is conveniently located to local restaurants and activities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mtnbrookie,

Thank you very much for your great respond understanding our challenges during busy times. As you mentioned, we were definitely prepped to take care all of our guest, no matter if they were with ACC , wedding party etc. And it is great to see the recognition from our guest and we highly appreciate that.Look forward for your future stays with us.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We couldn't have been more pleased with the location of the hotel and view from our room of the stadium. Walking back and forth to the games was a breeze and we felt safe in the area. We parked our car on check in, and did not move it until our check out several days later. They do charge for parking and WiFi. As a rule, the hotel is geared toward the business traveler I feel. The employees were kind and welcoming, along with our room clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear TarheelBill,

We are all very pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us! All of us here at the Hotel pride ourselves on quick, efficient, and friendly service and love when it reflects onto our guests. After all, we are here to host you brilliantly!

We are all very proud of our recent renovation and are very happy to hear that you were impressed, and comfortable! Please let us know the next time you are here because we would like to thank you for your sincere review! Happy travels!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have been to this hotel a number of times and each time it has been enjoyable. Clean, comfortable rooms and friendly, helpful staff. There was a note on the bed that the mattresses have been replaced here and I must say the bed was very comfortable. I also had the breakfast sandwich in the restaurant and it was very good. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Greensboro area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Capecodtraveler01,

We were very please to read your great feedback about our hotel and our service. It is great that you had chance to experience our new mattresses. They are truly amazing and give our guest nice, relaxing sleep. We hope to see at our hotel on your next trip to Greensboro.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Pleasantly surprised. Stayed during a college visit with my son and couldn't have been more pleased. Staff was friendly. Everyone at the front desk was helpful. Bar had a nice menu to grab a bite to eat and room service for breakfast was prompt and friendly. The staff was extremely polite and it is so nice to receive that Southern charm.

Room Tip: We had a nice room that overlooked the baseball field. We were told there might be fireworks after...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Suzyd43,

Thank you very much for your great feedback, we truly enjoyed reading your comment about our staff, quality of service and our hospitality. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay as well and we look forward for your future stay.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Staff and rooms were beyond expectation. Staying on concierge level and was treated like royalty in the concierge lounge. Loved the hellos, and good morning greetings from all of the staff! Southern hospitality at its finest. My room was well maintained and comfortable. Beds were very nice. I would recommend for anyone!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Susan Z

How great Zolvsu,

Thank you so very much for your sincere response. This is what makes us take pride in our Hotel, our city, and our staff and our service. We welcome you anytime and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I spent last week at the Greensboro Marriott Downtown and have to say it was a great experience. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel bar/restaurant has very good food and great service. I hung out in the bar area in the evening and thought the service was great and the staff was very nice and fun to talk to. The hotel beds and pillows are new and are very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Huseyin T, General Manager at Greensboro Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Matt G,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very glad to hear that you get to enjoy our southern hospitality and our hotel. Our new mattress and pillow are definitely makes our guest stay more relaxing, i am happy to hear that you enjoyed it as well. I truly appreciate for you business and hope to see you on your next visit to Greensboro.