“Absolutely Gorgeous Resort! ”

Grandover Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Absolutely Gorgeous Resort! ”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My husband had scheduled meetings at the Grandover so I decided to travel with him and boy am I glad I did! It is just beautiful! The rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. Every room has a nice big bathtub and bubble bath is provided. While my husband was working, I went to the spa and tried a few different massages and facials which were wonderful. The staff was so friendly and I walked away feeling fabulous! The grounds around the hotel are manicured perfectly, the golf course is amazing but it turns out that our favorite spot was the lounge. It is gorgeous with two large fireplaces, cozy leather couches, and a huge variety of wines and spirits. The appetizers were scrumptious, I tried the Kobe Beef Carpaccio, the Scallops & Foie Gras and the Fried Oysters. There were many very nice bartenders but my favorite was Ishmael. Ask him to mix you up a Bloody Mary, sooooo delish! We also ate in the cafe a few times. The soup of the day was a seafood chowder, very good. We were here only two nights but I could definitely use more time here. My husband said that the meeting rooms were very nice and he liked all of the food brought from the cafe during his meetings. I highly recommend this resort for work meetings, couples retreat and relaxing/hanging with friends.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have done romantic evenings, girls spa days, and even the night of my wedding. This hotel offers golfing, spa amenities, restaurant, and lobby bar. It is a great place for a nice day off of work with the ladies. I have been several times for a massage with my girls and the service is wonderful. We will take a little time to relax by the hot tub, then stroll to the sauna, and finish off with our massages. We also love to enjoy mimosas by the pool and lunch delivery :) The night of my wedding was a nice surprise. The rooms are not extremely updated but the comfort level is amazing. The bedding was top notch and so comfortable after our big day.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kriston A
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stayed two nights at the Grandover and had a perfect stay. The hotel and grounds are well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great if you need easy access to I-85 but requires a short drive to get to anything in Greensboro. Definitely request a golf course view.

Room Tip: Request a golf course view. The other side of the hotel looks towards the interstate though it'...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I attended a conference at the Grandover and it was magnificent. I was first impressed by the staff as I was greeted at my car and escorted inside where the ladies at the desk were exceptional. I arrived early but hoped to have a room immediately. Though they tried they did not have anything ready. But no worries. They stored my luggage and parked my vehicle (free valet parking!) as I began to talk with other conference goers. Before I could get out of the lobby a bell hop politely informed me that they had a room ready! I had a king room with a view of the golf course and the little creek that ran along the property. I moved my very comfortable arm chair so that I could enjoy the view of the beautifully kept grounds instead of the television. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom with tub and shower spacious, the available robe soft and inviting, the coffee plentiful, and the WiFi easily accessible. They were able to keep up with the growing crowd of our convention without ever losing their smile. The resort and conference center were wonderful but I'm a stickler for customer service and was not disappointed. Hope to return with my husband very soon.

Room Tip: Take full advantage of the FREE valet parking.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Duchess_of_Winter
Charlotte
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I attended a weekend conference there this past weekend and I must say this hotel was fabulous! We always travel down Interstate 85 coming from VA and I always told my husband , "I want to stay at that resort", well the conference just happened to be held there and I was so thrilled and sorry I haven't gotten the chance sooner to stay there. The staff was great, the room was immaculate, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was absolutely beautiful. I had the opportunity to go workout and the equipment was great. The breakfast buffet was fabulous! Whoever the chef was that did my omelet on Saturday morning 11/23/13, he should have a raise, and the waiters and maitre'd were also very nice and friendly! I will be coming back again just to enjoy the amenities. I only wish there was a small microwave in the room. This was a great weekend I spent with my husband! Thank you!

Room Tip: I could see the waterfalls from my room but I think any room is a good room there.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Princeton, NJ
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This was my first time at the Grandover Resort as our conference was there, and all I can say is I wish I had visited sooner and more often. Staff is tuned in to your needs without being overly clingy and the property itself is one of the most beautiful in the country. Rooms are beautiful to say the least and you feel right at home as soon as you enter. Once you turn into the property, you have the feeling of an oasis amid the daily clatter. They do it right! The only drawback is it is about 25-30 minutes from the Greensboro Airport, so take that into account if you are flying.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Staff consistently helpful and cheerful. Bathroom spotless, bed comfortable, wireless works easily and well. Fitness room has good equipment but is crowded at peak times. Room is spacious with iron, coffee maker, sink, full lenghth mirror, safe, mini fridge. Bath is spotless with very nice toiletries and hair dryer along with extra large mirror (not magnifying).

Room Tip: I was close to elevators, but this did not impact sleep or comfort.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business