“Comfortable at Comfort Suites” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Airport

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #30 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Cincinnati
“Comfortable at Comfort Suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Lucky to find this location in busy May around graduation time. The rooms were comfortable, quiet. The front desk personnel were always cordial. Easy access to restaurants and the interstate. Needed a handicapped accessible room and we were fortunate to get a first floor room with the needed amenities for my senior father.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

I've just finished my six weeks business trip in the neighborhood, and staying in the Comfort Suites Airport Hotel at Greensboro.
The rooms are spacious and well equipped, beds very comfortable. The breakfast - compare to other American hotels - varied. There is a happy hour every day @ the breakfast area from 6PM when you can grab some bites and drink a soda or a beer for free (very nice attempt from hotel management).
If I have to say something "negative" that would be the cleanlines of the mats in my room.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to Myrtle Beach. The hotel was easy to get to from the interstate..We walked to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. We didn't use the pool but it looked lovely and well maintained. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Faithlyn44
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband's Aunt passed away on short notice and we needed a nice place to stay where we could bring our dog Madison (our kennel was booked up due to Labor Day weekend). We have stayed in several pet friendly hotels, but this was by far the nicest!! Our first floor room was wonderful with easy outside access for Madison. We knew we were located in the pet friendly area because we saw several other dogs too. However, other than that you would not have known it was a pet friendly hotel. It was spotless inside and out! Our suite was perfect complete with fridge & microwave and the hot breakfast was outstanding with good southern things like biscuits & gravy, grits & fried apples. We could not have asked for a better place to stay under the circumstances. We will definitely return the next time we are in Greensboro! The pool looked very nice although we didn't have time to use it as did the fitness facilities.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, definitely ask in advance for a first floor room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank traveldivaaficionado
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I used to live in Greensboro, so I am fairly familiar with the city. I knew I wanted a place near the airport and I was travelling with three kids and two dogs. The dogs can be difficult to find accommodations for, but this place did fine. Mostly pet friendly places can be a little scary!

The rooms were fairly clean. We did have an issue - after one use of the toilet, the toilet overflowed. Maintenance was sent up promptly. I was a little disturbed that housekeeping was not also sent up. A dirty mop bucket is not what I had in mind for cleaning up overflow toilet contents. The maintenance guys was extremely nice though and did his best. The toilet did at least flush after that.

Breakfast was fairly ordinary, but I don't like to complain about included breakfasts. Just your typical fare - scrambled eggs, various pork products, coffee, yogurts and cereals.

The hotel seems to do a lot of business, so expect some crowds. And the way the breakfast food is laid out, it leads to some serious traffic jams. We just grabbed our food and took it back to the room as there were very few tables for lots of people.

The staff were quite friendly. Overall, not bad for a pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We traveled to NC for Jr. Olympics. The hotel was PACKED and I'm not sure all of the staff was prepared for or appreciated that but most were friendly. The breakfast was good but, again, because the hotel was at capacity, there were lines.

Forget using the "business center" computer. It's only good for surfing the internet. It's locked via some portal and when I tried to print a spreadsheet, the printer queue was clogged and no one at the hotel knew how to go in through an administrator account to clear it.

We didn't use the pool but it was out of order for a day or so. Not sure why.

The thing I MOST appreciated was that there were adequate towels in the room for our family of 5. That's pretty rare!

I wish I had paid attention to the fact that the room had DOUBLE beds, not QUEEN beds. Wasn't enough room for two adults to sleep comfortably.

Would I stay again? Only in adjoining rooms for kids so that hubby and I could have a KING!

Room Tip: If there are queen beds available, get them!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Zanesville,OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

It seems like this hotel should be right off I-40, but our GPS took us into several twists and turns to get there. If you are using airport transportation maybe they know a better way. The property is nice and the fron desk was helpful when I requested a recliner, The room was wheelchair friendly. as well. There is a Ruby Tuesday within walking distance. The bed was very "poofy' and quite high off the floor. They have a prepay no refund plan which will save you several dollars if you book on line in advance. The breakfast was typical but did have eggs, bacon, and sausage.

Room Tip: Book on line in advance for a better rate
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family