“Very pleased with our stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Airport

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #30 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Sylva, North Carolina, United States
“Very pleased with our stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were in town for a chili cook off. The location was excellent since we were less than 5 minutes from the Farmers Market, where the cook off was held. We were very pleased with the room. It was very clean and quiet. The front desk staff were very friendly. We enjoyed the hot breakfast but the only thing that I disliked was the seating for breakfast, there were not a lot of seating and it was very busy at 7 am. Otherwise, it was a great stay and will consider staying here next year when we are back in town for the cook off. Loved that it is very pet friendly!!!

1 Thank Linda S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I made a quick trip to attend GTCC's graduation, I usually stay at the Embassy Suites but the rates at Comfort Suites were too good to pass up. I was picked up promptly from the airport, I was able to walk to Ruby Tuesday, my room was not only a nice size, but it was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff went above and beyond their duties to help, this included when my grandchildren decided to stay with me. The breakfast Buffett was good as well as the evening reception. If you're working with a budget, you can't go wrong with the Comfort Suites at the airport.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I rarely stay at this chain but didn't make this reservation as we were part of a group. I had very low expectations but was very pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is just off the interstate but with enough distance that you do not hear any road noise. It is in an area with lots of hotels in a cluster. The usual array of chain restaurants are nearby. If you want more go two exits to Wendover Ave - that is the main drag in Greensboro with lots of commercial options.

The room was pretty basic but it was clean. The beds are doubles not queens - so a little tight for two if you aren't used to that.

The wifi signal was useless. However, there were a lot of sports teams staying the night so I suspect a few dozen kids were streaming and eating the bandwidth.

The breakfast was far better than I expected with actual hot food - bacon, sausage, potatoes etc plus fruit and pastries. Actually quite good.

At check-in they have a set of rules for sports teams about expected behavior. That's a nice touch. We didn't experience any problems. They also hand the kids a breakfast in a bag at check-in and have more out in the morning - very nice touch. When we were there the breakfast was served earlier than scheduled to help the players get something to eat before playing. That says a lot about management and service.

I'd stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Halfway through a 11-hour trip we found this place to stop with our dog. It was fairly new, spacious, comfortable, clean and reasonably priced. The only negative thing was that the hot breakfast was completely gone before 9 am, which was too bad because it looked like all the other guests were really enjoying it! The hotel is located in a "hotel park" which was well lit and landscaped and had a Ruby Tuesdays a few minutes walk away.

Room Tip: The hotel put us on the ground floor with a side entrance which was a lot easier to use with the dog...
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was visiting the Greensboro Coliseum Complex for a dance competition. I stayed at Comfort Suites for one night only. I was very impressed. The hotel was clean, quiet, and updated. Breakfast was outstanding with many options. I was traveling with my 10 month old and 2 teenage daughters. I enjoyed having the separate "living room" space in the hotel room so that the baby had room to play. It made it feel a little more like home.

I will definitely stay again!

Adairsville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this Comfort Suites during our visit to the High Point furniture market. The rooms were reasonably priced, clean, and comfortable. What impressed us most was the friendliness of the manager and all the staff. When we checked out, we even commented that the gentleman who assisted us was exceptionally friendly (later found out he is the GM).

I had chalked it up as another pleasant hotel stay and probably would not have bothered with a review if it weren't for this...

Upon arriving home, we realized that my daughter had left her MacBook Air in the lobby where we'd had breakfast before checking out. It was not labeled with her name or any of our info (shame on us) so I was afraid it was forever gone. I immediately called the hotel and before I even finished explaining the story the lady excitedly said "We have it!!" They seemed truly excited to have found the owner and immediately sent it out to us via UPS overnight.

I don't know who picked it up, although the only other folks in the lobby when we left were a couple of housekeeping staff cleaning up breakfast. Whoever found this valuable item could have easily kept it and no one would have ever known, but the honesty of the entire staff is worth noting.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JKellyC
Summerville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We only needed the room for one night. Scored a great deal on a room, check in was a breeze, front desk was very helpful. The room was nicely appointed and spacious. Most importantly everything was clean and comfortable. The next morning as I arose to get ready to head to my meeting, I was greeted with the smell of bacon. I don't know about you, but there's something about waking up to the smell of bacon that brightens my day. I was delightfully surprised to find out the free breakfast included bacon, as well as sausage, eggs, gravy, biscuits, and the like. It was pretty good. Except the eggs. Avoid the eggs. Overall, a great stay, great place, great price. And you get to wake up to smell the bacon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business